TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Not that I have the cameras up often... But I see there's employees roaming around out there and reporting to rides. Is it a training night tonight for Halloween seasonal employees? An employee night at the park? Or just routine to fire up the rides before the weekend?

My guess is that they're just prepping for tomorrow and maybe doing some training as you mentioned. I thought it might be a private event but rides like Dragster still have all trains in transfer with no visible activity near them. Gatekeeper is running like crazy though.

^ I guess that I sorta get the 'No Boo' necklaces for someone that wants to be with their family or friends in a haunt environment, yet is scared of being scared.

But I would be willing to bet that there was no way that the guy that we saw was buying some bitch-ass No Boo necklace for his kid!

This is why i think the no boo necklaces are so great! If you are not want to be scared do not go in. I even saw them in the houses.

I personally don't like the idea behind the necklaces, they suck when you want to be scared and you get put with a group full of "no boo" necklaces. Ruins the entire house for us, if you don't wanna be scared, don't go to an event where the purpose is to scare people.

People should never go in the haunted houses with the No-Boo necklaces. That is the dumbest thing ever.

I totally understand them in the Midway scare-zones, because you need to go through them to reach certain attractions. But they should never be taken into a maze.

^ & ^^ I agree that it defeats the purpose, but ya gotta love that those clever theme park marketing folks are always on the ball...what a great way for them to make a few extra $$ - even if the No Boo concept does seem a bit stupid!

Although yeah...it kind of reminds of when we were at Ober Gatlinburg a few years ago and this granny in front of me on the mountain slide rode the brakes the entire way down while riding in the fast lane.

Michael took the slower lane and zipped by me waving, taunting and laughing all the way to the bottom...that little sh%t!

^ & ^^ I agree that it defeats the purpose, but ya gotta love that those clever theme park marketing folks are always on the ball...what a great way for them to make a few extra $$ - even if the No Boo concept does seem a bit stupid!

Although yeah...it kind of reminds of when we were at Ober Gatlinburg a few years ago and this granny in front of me on the mountain slide rode the brakes the entire way down while riding in the fast lane.

Michael took the slower lane and zipped by me waving, taunting and laughing all the way to the bottom...that little sh%t!

I'm sure the marketing folks helped pull in some money with those. I'm not sure how much they cost, but I know last season at KI they were everywhere.

Not that I have the cameras up often... But I see there's employees roaming around out there and reporting to rides. Is it a training night tonight for Halloween seasonal employees? An employee night at the park? Or just routine to fire up the rides before the weekend?

My guess is that they're just prepping for tomorrow and maybe doing some training as you mentioned. I thought it might be a private event but rides like Dragster still have all trains in transfer with no visible activity near them. Gatekeeper is running like crazy though.

Not to go back to this but we have our answer. Golden Ticket attendees get ERT on Valravn until 6:30 and they likely threw in a few other rides too.

It's clear that you've never been to HHN or Howl O Scream. Until you attend one of those events then you really don't understand. The Cedar Fair parks (besides possibly Knotts) are not playing on the same level. It's not even worth debating.

I've been to both Howl O Scream and HHN.

Howl O Scream is really good. To be honest, I wasn't really thinking of them when I made that post, but I'd say they definitely have a better event than some of the smaller parks like Dorney or CGA.

As for HHN, it is probably one of the most overrated events I've ever been to. Great set design, and that's about it. The mazes rely too heavily on jump scares than actual actors, while pushing you through conga-line style so that any scare you would've gotten is thrown away. Not to mention the park is littered with buzzed man-children who can't follow simple park rules and make the sober people miserable. I'd rather go Dorney Park's subpar event than conga-line through another boring Walking Dead house with a bunch of intoxicated man children.

My thoughts are that Cedar Fair paid them to write it.

QFT

I read your comment before reading the article, so I expected a strong CF presence, but good Lord!

Same here, I was expecting a large majority, not 100% Cedar Fair parks. And if I'm not mistaken, that's all the Cedar Fair parks that have Halloween events.

Just received a 2017 promotion in the mail showing off the new water park with a certain wooden structure looking unchanged in the background. I know we yet to know the fate and that it could mean nothing but thought it was interesting. If you actually look closely you can see tiny RMC construction crews working on it

image.thumb.jpeg.55c7d5a1089d76652cac7119bc7c444f.jpeg

Just received a 2017 promotion in the mail showing off the new water park with a certain wooden structure looking unchanged in the background. I know we yet to know the fate and that it could mean nothing but thought it was interesting. If you actually look closely you can see tiny RMC construction crews working on it

But it's just a rendering!