TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

We will be going to Cedar Point this coming Friday. Hopefully crowds will not be too bad, but my question is regarding early entry. We will most likely not be getting Fast Lane. With the addition of Valravn, should we still plan on hitting MF and Maverick during early entry or has that changed?

I would think it won't be *too* bad but it'll probably still be somewhat crowded. Hit Valravn at 9:00am and go to millennium and Maverick from there... at least that is what I would do.

We will be going to Cedar Point this coming Friday. Hopefully crowds will not be too bad, but my question is regarding early entry. We will most likely not be getting Fast Lane. With the addition of Valravn, should we still plan on hitting MF and Maverick during early entry or has that changed?

I would think it won't be *too* bad but it'll probably still be somewhat crowded. Hit Valravn at 9:00am and go to millennium and Maverick from there... at least that is what I would do.

I would strongly advise against going to Valravn in early entry since when we tried to hit it first right at 9am, there was already 300 people waiting in line at the marina entrance both days when we got there. So just go straight to Millennium and Maverick first in early entry and come back to Valravn later in the day. Yesterday around 2 hours before close, the line for Valravn was 45 minutes.

You pretty easily get the benefits of a Platinum Pass by flashing up an old pass or something that resembles one. Of course, that is as long as the action doesn't warrant scanning.

But they scan passes for parking... Every CF park I've gone to does this.

Except for that they don't always scan passes for parking. I'd say that, this is a rough estimate of course, about half of the time I have my platinum pass for parking, I either have to flash it up or give it to them to merely look at.

Hey guys, I'm going to CP for the first time this weekend and I have a very specific question for you, hope you can help me. Do they have that containers where I can leave my eyeglasses on the coasters stations (like SFGadv and SFNE)? Thanks!

^ I don't think that any of them have eyeglass bins that I am aware of, so you might want to buy a strap in advance just to be safe.

Also note that while most have the bigger storage bins (if you want to put them in there), some don't have bins at all due to the loading station being separate from the unloading station (MF & TTD).

Hey guys, I'm going to CP for the first time this weekend and I have a very specific question for you, hope you can help me. Do they have that containers where I can leave my eyeglasses on the coasters stations (like SFGadv and SFNE)? Thanks!

A lot of the rides have cubbies where you can leave things like that, but due to different loading procedures, maverick, millenium force and top thrill dragster, don't have these things. My friend has glasses, bring zip up pocketed cargo shorts or you can actually hold them pretty well by folding them and clutching them on the restraints.

CP really has a winner on their hands. I only got one ride in the middle row on the far left, but it was awesome. I think the vests are a great touch and add to the first drop more than traditional OTSRs do. I was in the skeptical camp a bit because of how uncomfortable Gatekeeper's can be at times, but they seem to just "work" with Valravn so well.

One random complaint I have is the price to food ratio at Chickie and Pete's. I get that everything is inflated at amusement parks, but $12 for a generic burger, that comes with nothing? I understand their fries are "famous" and they consider them an entree (at least that's what our waiter told us), but they can't throw in some chips or something? I never thought I'd say this, but I got more food for less money at the last Pens playoff game I was at....and that's including a $9 beer.

And this is exactly why we went with the dinning plan this year. It's pretty much paid itself off already.

Yea the platinum dining plan is awesome, I got it at CW but we are travelling to CP and with the crappy CAD exchange rate it will pay for itself fast.

I with they allowed to "downscale" with the pass though. I usually get there in the morning, use my pass for dinner, and leave at around 5 or so when my pass is allowing its second meal after the 4 hour thing. If they let me get a corndog or funnel cake rather than an entree combo, I would be very happy, and Cedar Fair is making more money off me redeeming for a lesser item

You pretty easily get the benefits of a Platinum Pass by flashing up an old pass or something that resembles one. Of course, that is as long as the action doesn't warrant scanning.

But they scan passes for parking... Every CF park I've gone to does this.

Except for that they don't always scan passes for parking. I'd say that, this is a rough estimate of course, about half of the time I have my platinum pass for parking, I either have to flash it up or give it to them to merely look at.

FWIW, both times entering the Parking Lot this year, the pass was just held up through the window, and we were waved on.

And this is exactly why we went with the dinning plan this year. It's pretty much paid itself off already.

Yea the platinum dining plan is awesome, I got it at CW but we are travelling to CP and with the crappy CAD exchange rate it will pay for itself fast.

I with they allowed to "downscale" with the pass though. I usually get there in the morning, use my pass for dinner, and leave at around 5 or so when my pass is allowing its second meal after the 4 hour thing. If they let me get a corndog or funnel cake rather than an entree combo, I would be very happy, and Cedar Fair is making more money off me redeeming for a lesser item

So, the season dining that's on my Platinum Dorney Park Season Pass will be accepted at both Cedar Point and Kings Island?

2 things.

First I would take them just looking at the Season pass with a Grain of Salt. I know some of the System seemed to not be working right this weekend. I also think they were just trying to get people into the park.

Talking about food. I was told when at Quaker stake and Lube that when they agreed to come to cedar point they told the park that they could not increase the prices on things. The thing is they get a lot of local business all year and also host bike nights so that brings people in the doors like Fridays never could.

My wife and I are visiting CP this Friday and Saturday. Looks like the park is gonna be full of students with it being Grad nite and student id weekend, so I'm expecting a lot of annoying teens...But hey, to ride Valravn...It's worth it. Hopefully.

^ ^ Just buy a glasses strap before you go, and use it while you're at the park and you'll be fine.

I've never had an issue with sunglasses falling off my face, but then I wear wrap-arounds. The only rides I've been asked to remove them are drop rides and spinning rides, but never coasters, not even launched ones. Just don't put them in a shirt pocket. They will fall out.

Thanks so much for all the help with the glasses thing. Ive ridden a few coasters with them on my jacket pockets (they have zippers) and Im always afraid that they will crash. Maybe it's time for me to try the straps!

I have wrap-around sunglasses and wear the straps always. BF has wrap-arounds and has lost them before on coasters both wearing them without straps and by putting them in a non-zippered pocket. When in line or walking around I loosen the straps and when I sit down for the ride I tighten them up. No biggie and I never worry that I may lose my glasses! Definitely go for them.

ETA - I tighten them for any ride purely out of habit so I don't get lazy and make a mistake. I've been on a few rides that look tame and/or don't have loops and such and was glad for the security of the straps.