TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I definitely would not say operations are bad for the "first few weeks." I've been going in early May every year for well over the past 10 years, from opening day, to the day after, to the middle of opening week, to the end of the week...and operations are usually only worse the first day or two (and they're still not bad at all compared to some terrible Six Flags operations). By the middle/end of opening week, everything usually smooths out. If you do go in August (even during the week), be prepared to buy Fast Lane passes...you won't need any in May. It is higher risk, higher reward because of the weather, but I've had MANY upon MANY great days at CP in May, where everything was a walk-on. Sometimes it can be a bit chilly, but that's the price you pay for having most of the rides to yourself. The only downside is no Soak City or shows. CP in May is mainly if you just want to ride rides.

Sorry for the double post but this looks awesome.

12370708_10153295030226463_3205221299755353818_o.jpg

From Cedar Point's Facebook.

... awesome, awesome paint job. The dive coaster's cool too.

Wow. Beautiful photo. It's going to look even more amazing once Valravn is complete!! I can't wait for my visit next summer.

Not sure what heaven looks like but can't be too far off! Cedar Point really is a coaster riders oasis. This picture makes me want to book a trip today

Im trying to get my parents to take a family trip this summer to CP, when would be a better time to go, either mid may when they open full time or mid august? It would only be for about 2 or 3 days.

I would say mid August. Mid May is so iffy with weather and operations.

Also, most shows are still going on in mid August. In May, most of the shows have not even started yet.

I went mid may last year and weather wasnt to bad. I do wanna go in august but i feel like the crowds maybe high because people want to get that last trip in before school starts. I really want to go when they have all their shows. Mid May was a good time to go, i didnt really wait long for anything. Operations werent bad at all. I know my mom said she would want to check the beach out too. The only thing is i know i would be the only one in my family to wait in the lines for the coasters. And my parents wont spend the money on fastlane even if me and my sisters paid for them ourselves.

Wow. Beautiful photo. It's going to look even more amazing once Valravn is complete!! I can't wait for my visit next summer.

Not sure what heaven looks like but can't be too far off! Cedar Point really is a coaster riders oasis. This picture makes me want to book a trip today

Agreed. This photo is amazing. As much as people "hate" Gatekeeper. . . It is very photogenic, and really makes the entrance to the park look amazing! Repainting TTD, and Raptor has REALLY improved the Skyline.

And the two best coasters in the park aren't even in that photo!

Mine train and Corkscrew, right?

It is interesting that with Valravn where its at, all of the B&Ms are kinda clustered together, no?

The same can be said for Arrow.

Gemini, Magnum, Corkscrew & Iron Dragon are all placed back-to-back. Plus you have Mine Ride, Antique Cars & Snake River Falls.

So, yeah.

If you look very close, just underneath Raptor's brake run, you can see a little bit of MF track.

Mean Streak, and Corkscrew are both in that photo!! (Mean Streak is to left of Rougarou's drop, and below Raptors Lift Hill.) So both of the best coasters in the park ARE in the photo!