TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Sorry for the double post but this looks awesome.

12370708_10153295030226463_3205221299755353818_o.jpg

From Cedar Point's Facebook.

... awesome, awesome paint job. The dive coaster's cool too.

Wow. Beautiful photo. It's going to look even more amazing once Valravn is complete!! I can't wait for my visit next summer.

They're really building a skyline here. All it needs now is a 600ft Intamin Aquatrax Polercoaster called "The Point" shoved somewhere to the right and they'd be all set.

Also RMC Gemini and call it "HawkHawk".

(If you couldn't tell, I'm being facetious here. A PolerCoaster called "The Point" would be pretty kickass though.)

Why laugh? It still looks similar!

IMO, the ride should have been darker in color scheme... Such as Raptor at Gardaland, Oblivion at Alton Towers, Great Bear at Hershey, etc... Add some color accents on the trains from the logo color palette (that gold and purple), it would have looked stunning.

this is where I have a nice laugh at the people who complained about the color being too similar to Rougarou.

I agree 100%. Seeing Valravn going vertical near Rougarou confirms that the colors are not nearly as similar as people were saying they would be.

IMO, the ride should have been darker in color scheme...

Any darker and the ride would look black. Then everyone would complain because the ride would have no color. "Oh. My. Great. Coaster. God. I can't belive Cedar Point would build such a dark roller coaster. Do they not know how bad that looks when everything else they have creates such a bright skyline."

Personally I would've LOVED to see Valravn with a dark theme and an all black/slate color scheme. Make the first drop dive underground into a tunnel of mist surrounded by barbed wire. I love how CP has such a bright and colorful skyline and I understand them wanting to add to that (and I think they're doing a great job of it), but something like Raptor or Kreke would be impressive.

Regardless, the colors they chose are very nice and are kind of a balance between the bright and colorful and trying something a little different. I like it.

Why laugh? It still looks similar!

IMO, the ride should have been darker in color scheme... Such as Raptor at Gardaland, Oblivion at Alton Towers, Great Bear at Hershey, etc... Add some color accents on the trains from the logo color palette (that gold and purple), it would have looked stunning.

I looked at the picture again, I am wondering if you're partially colorblind? You can suggest that you wanted Purple or black but to say they look similar is a bit odd to me.

oo well, i hope you enjoy your day.