TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Cedar Point completely renovates an extremely dated midway and offers more family rides and food option...

But lets talk about this elevator which is just part of the queue.

do we have the specs of the elevator? width, depth, lift capacity, electrical reqirements?

Cedar Point completely renovates an extremely dated midway and offers more family rides and food option...

But lets talk about this elevator which is just part of the queue.

do we have the specs of the elevator? width, depth, lift capacity, electrical reqirements?

We have a lift chair for the stairs at our church. It cost $500.00 per year for an inspection certificate....does this help in anyway???

My school has an Achievement Center (study area, former library) on the second floor with an upper deck about halfway between the main second floor and the main third floor. There is a short, open wheelchair elevator there. This reminds me of that.

Tony being Tony or something to talk about?

New markings at CP.

I noticed this too.

I get upset sometimes....

Whenever I want to expand the topic outside of roller coasters, someone has to chime in with "this is a roller coaster forum, lets talk about coasters".... There's 100s of threads on here all about coasters(I know, that's what this place is about), why can't a few veer off subject(for a page if that) and let the commentators talk about stupid crap like the cost of elevators. Seriously, there's good conversation, and people but in with "come on guys,back to the subject. Did you see at Canada's Wonderland, there's a bolt that isn't screwed in, how could anyone on the construction team not notice that!"..... Stupid, off topic conversation is far more appropriate than people ragging on certain rides or theme parks. Negativity should be stopped, genuine curiosity should be encouraged.

I'd rather have a dumb conversation about the cost of elevators, over meaningless/mindless/repeating coaster bitching.

Here's something unrelated to the talk on the previous pages that I'm not sure has been brought up, but with the removal of Pilgrim's Plunge at HW do you think we could see STR on the way out in the near future?

I understand we are talking two different parks, two different rides, and two different circumstances...but PP was not an old ride. It just got me thinking.

CP just started to put on the new cars for the restored Monster and they are yellow and orange (so far). I was guessing black after I saw the orange arms, will be interesting to see what the trim colors will be.

1347472504_MonsteratCP2.jpg.a6155fa31618aa9962ff2573d50c8405.jpg

Orange and yellow cars so far.

^^dumb question, but what are the purpose of the white disks next to Pipe Scream? Shade, decoration, a weird "close call" when riding, just because? To me they look out of place.

The midway looks great though!

^Are those marks on the ground directly below them because of rain (or something like that) or do they mean something more? (maybe they'll put some benches there)

The curves in the concrete underneath the shade structures? Those are just pavers. It's just curved since the park is trying to avoid doing straight lines and adding a bit of character to the area. I really like it and looks very modern, doesn't look like the "old amusement park" style that has been around CP since the 60's.

^^dumb question, but what are the purpose of the white disks next to Pipe Scream? Shade, decoration, a weird "close call" when riding, just because? To me they look out of place.

The midway looks great though!

It's shade. I've noticed on the webcams that the discs provide shade across the midway all day, due to the position of the sun.

I just saw this elevator everyone is talking about. I really like it. Over I, after seeing these images of the midway, super excited to see the changes. Love the new food options. As for Tony being funny or not on that twitter picture I am praying for a new, world record breaker, smoothest, paving of a parking lot ever!! Lol. I can only imagine that marking is for Matintance.