TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Universal Studios Japan (USJ) Discussion Thread

p. 45: Donkey Kong Country announced for 2024!

I think if there's one type this would work out for it's the hypers, or at least the mini-hypers. These B&Ms are the closest thing you'll get to something like Rebel Yell, and I always did love the backwards side more than the forwards! There's something about watching the track just fall away from you that's so cool.

I thought this ride still brought in the crowds, it seems odd that they are doing this gimmick.

I think with how the three coasters doing this right now are three popular types of B&Ms, this is less of a gimmick that the park is doing and more something that B&M might be interested in testing out and wants to use their smallest hyper rather than one of the 250-footers.

According to screamscape you can ride it either forwards or backwards:

According to the press release, they say you can still ride Hollywood Dream both Forwards and Backwards during this time period. The regular Purple train will run forwards while a special Red and Gold train will run backwards.

According to screamscape you can ride it either forwards or backwards:

According to the press release, they say you can still ride Hollywood Dream both Forwards and Backwards during this time period. The regular Purple train will run forwards while a special Red and Gold train will run backwards.

That's excellent news! I wouldn't mind trying out the original version of it as well as the backwards one when we visit.

Just give it time; I'm pretty sure that within months every Six Flags park will have had their Batman coasters "remodled", given a new name, and claimed to be a new coaster.

In unrelated-to-SF-news, I'm actually a bit excited to see that B&Ms are getting on this bandwagen. Which ones do you think will work?

Doesn't Hollywood Dream have a dual station? Makes it a bit easier to offer the option so long as you're running an even number of trains. Or an odd number and just favoring one station.

Yes it does have a dual station, when i was there they were mostly using it to get people ready for the next train then walk across, only occasionally putting a train into the other station at the busier points of the day.

So Thorpe and Universal Japan have both announced that you'll have the option to sit forwards or backwards...wonder what the deal at SFGAm will be?

I only see the orderly Japanese being able to pull this off without the station becoming a complete mess.

Edited by larrygator

Its also worth noting that Hollywood Dream is the only B&M with 4 trains. Considering that the existing trains are already purple, if none are in maintenance, than there could be 2 purple trains running forward, and a red & yellow train that run backwards. Bringing an even count.