TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst/Longest/Slowest Line you ever waited in!

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

longest was twisted colossus on memorial day, 2 hours and 42 minutes. lol this after a few days before riding a bunch for the commercial shoot. oh, and it was super hot memorial day, too. basically zero shade until you get to the station, a good 2 plus hours.

another long wait was indian jones at disneyland opening day, or weekend. i don't remember. i do remember the line when we got in ended at the memories of lincoln or whatever it's called. i believe we waited around 2 hours.

i've waited multiple times for the beast front row nearly 20 years ago for two hours and didn't care one bit.

^ FoF's line is something else. I've had it go from walk-on to almost a full queue, switchbacks and all.

Agreed.

I've seen that line go from being able to do double rides because the line is so short to an unforgiveably long line that same day.

^I agree with that. The day I went at one point the wait was 15 minutes, and later 2 hours. Luckily I had an FL+ so I didn't have to put up with that

KK is also extremely unpredictable with lines. I've waited 5 minutes for it, but at the other end of the spectrum I've also waited 5 hours. That, coupled with its unreliability makes it a pain to wait in line for. (Almost always worth it though)

The nice thing about FoF is that it has AIR CONDITIONING (At least, the FL+ line had it. Not 100% sure about the main queue). It was so amazing with the weather being 100+ degrees that day.

• 1 month later...

It wasn't even that long, but the 2 hour wait for Zombiewood Express @ Silverwood was very cold. And then the train ride was also cold. We were all very cold by the time we got back to the station. By the end of the night it was 30 degrees outside.

Then we went on Corkscrew and there was NO LINE!!! Yay front row!

Corkscrew I love you

edit; I like how the brake run sounds on old Arrows

I have a really bad tendency to just turn around on the spot if the queue is longer than 30 minutes.

I like to go to parks on off days/when I expect it to be slow, so if a queue is longer than 30 minutes on a day I'm going, chances are it'll die out later in the day.

The longest I've waited for anything is about an hour and a half for El Toro, when I knew I wouldn't be returning to SFGadv that season. Worth it, as always.

I have a really bad tendency to just turn around on the spot if the queue is longer than 30 minutes.

That doesn't have to be a bad tendency- it just means you get more time to do other things! Unless it's something you've never been on or really want to ride again (like your El Toro example) there isn't much point to waiting more than 30 mins.

I don't like lines. Longest is probably an hour for Kingda Ka the first time I rode it, I'll never do that again. I usually won't wait longer than 30 minutes for a ride, that's my threshold. And that's for rides I like. If all the lines are bad I'll spring for a Flash Pass, even at my home park. I am very impatient.

I rode Goliath at SFGAM in 2014 on its second day of public operation. The posted wait time was 2.5 hours. Actual wait time was about 4 hours due to 2 separate delays.

A dishonorable mention goes to Top Thrill Dragster at CP. A little bit of wind or rain will shut it down, and valleying is common. It is also frequently down for mechanical issues. It shut down once when I was on the train and once when I was next in line. I've never ridden it without waiting out any down time, including twice when using the fast lane plus.

While not a ride/coaster, I had to wait 70+ minutes in line for food at a food court. Welcome to Six Flags

I've waited over an hour for fast food a couple different times at Six Flags Great America. At Six Flags Magic Mountain last August, the line for the Coke Freestyle machine was over a half hour.

The Walking Dead Maze at Universal Studio's Hollywood Horror Nights. Initially an "80 minute wait" upon entering the line turned into 1 1/2 hours under the covered queue, followed by another hour to the overflow portion directly in front of the maze entrance followed by another projected hour long wait onto the second overflow portion behind the maze between sound stages. Truly frustrating.

I don't like lines. Longest is probably an hour for Kingda Ka the first time I rode it, I'll never do that again. I usually won't wait longer than 30 minutes for a ride, that's my threshold. And that's for rides I like. If all the lines are bad I'll spring for a Flash Pass, even at my home park. I am very impatient.

I am liking your profile picture my friend

I once waited about 2 hours... For a waterslide at Great Adventure Hurricane Harbor (Tornado) The waterslide was 15 seconds (we counted) Not worth it.

I've also waited 2 hours for el toro (nighttime, last ride of the year, 2nd to last row) and it was worth it.