TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Page 2218 - Wonder Woman Roller Coaster for 2022!

The backwards launch makes sense at SFDK, it's doesn't really makes sense to me here. I would expect that either 1. I'm doing it all again in reverse or 2. A track switch occurs and off we go backwards until we hit the station and another track switch occurs.

Much like NTAG they will start with three trains. Then after day 2 they will be down to two trains due to constant stacking. The park will then blame the stacking on people bringing stuff to the ride platform, enter lockerville. By end of year 1, OldJJman has it nailed.

I just saw the YOLO in the beginning of the video. Really Six Flags? Is Drake going to cut the ribbon now?

I was unaware that Yolo County (near Sacramento) was all that exciting.

They lost me at "YOLO."

This.

Other than being a gimmick, can anyone come up with a good reason that it launches backward for a few feet?

Maybe....it launches backwards briefly (that launch acts as a block), comes back down through the forward launch which also engages the first launch on the other train (so they can be synched through/over the loop)? I don't know...I'm not knowledgable about this stuff.

I don't think this is safely possible, but it would make a fantastic photo opportunity to have one train at the top of the loop and one at the top of the top hat.

Once the hefty expectations die down, I think people will see what a cool ride this is. I'm not a big fan of vertical loops any more, yet this one is kind of clever. I love the twisty section after the loop (should provide great visuals). The "space dive" drop looks looks kind of crappy in that video (OMG that horrible video lol), but in reality should be the best part of the ride, and something I never thought would or could be done at the Mountain.

Stopping the train inside the tunnel (instead of firing it up) seems silly, but should catch the GP off guard. And then the final trick, what should be the best airtime moment in all of California (sad really).

Overall, I'll take it. It looks like a very interesting ride, sort of Stormrunnner meets Speed:The Ride. I'm also interested in the area designed around the coaster. THAT could make for one of the coolest areas of the park!

If we're next on the list of Iron Horse remodels (Colossus), it could make for a great 1-2 punch the park needs.

Edited by Manic Monte

I just saw the YOLO in the beginning of the video. Really Six Flags? Is Drake going to cut the ribbon now?

I was unaware that Yolo County (near Sacramento) was all that exciting.

This is EXACTLY what I think every time I see or hear someone refer to YOLO.

So... It's Premier. Have the Intamin fanboys stopped crying yet? I think it looks like a unique and fun ride. Awesome the Premier rides are starting to become more popular. They really do make excellent coasters.

Three things:

1. This looks alright but I'm glad I tempered my expectations a few months ago.

2. Someone should go dig up the posts where people were posting that employees were telling them we were getting some epic Intamin mindeff coaster so we can all laugh.

3. I'm calling this Yolocoaster and no one can stop me.

So are the trains three car versions of the Sky Rocket trains? Or does it look like anything has been changed on them?

They look the same to me. Didn't notice any OTSRs... thank god. Maybe now that a looping coaster at their park will be running with lapbars, they can buy the new Gerstlauer trains like SDL at Hershey.

Awesome the Premier rides are starting to become more popular. They really do make excellent coasters.

I'll say one thing for Premier after riding SUF at SFDK their lap bars are great. Easily the most comfortable I've ever used on any type of coaster. I hope these type of restraints are the wave of the future.

The Coaster Guy ‏@TheCoasterGuy

Full Throttle will be in a new themed area, but no word as to exactly what that theme will be yet.

So I take it the "unused" areas will be for future expansion?

anyway seems like an OK ride, I will enjoy it

Edit three: SFMM facebook says spring 2013

Edited by bostonlva