TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Thanks for the link, though there was nothing new in the Logjammer station other than plywood boards.

Also it was interesting to see them clearing land out behind Apocalypse. My first reaction is that they are creating a no brush perimeter around the park to act as a safeguard incase of a wildfire. Has SFMM done this in the past?

I feel its going to be Leaked before thursday.... Weren't the 2012 plans (for all the SF parks) leaked via the LA times last year?

I don't remember that being the case (I have a bad memory so that doesn't mean much) but if it was then we have hope to hear something about it today. ***wishful thinking***

Yeah, several of SF's additions were accidentally leaked last year via the LA Times. I don't think it will happen again this year. SFMM has managed to keep a lot of the ride hidden from us, and I don't think they'd be happy to have such a large announcement leaked earlier than anticipated. You never know though....

Magic Mountain must be getting something pretty special...all the other Six Flags rumored to get something new next year are already posting teasers. Magic Mountain hasn't posted anything. Have they?

Not a peep. If their intention is to increase anticipation, it's working.

^They also have been one of the Six Flags parks that never really embraced Social Media and the fans as much as some of the other parks. That could also be the reason for no 'teasers'.

I agree with you here. I just can't help but ask the question, "Why not?" They have one of the largest populations so close to their front door. It seems to me to have a social media PR person that would be on top of something as this, be a no brainer. Look at how well Paula does for HW, and their local populous and demographic is tiny in comparison.

Guy "This just confounds me." Koepp

I'm planning on getting a 2013 pass after they become available tomorrow. It will allow me to head down to SFDK and finally ride Superman before the season is over, and then I'll be able to use it next season to ride the new coaster at SFMM. I'm actually going to be in LA around the 15th, but since the park is only open on weekends then (and apparently that Monday due to all LA county schools having a furlough or something) I probably wont be able to go.

Comparing it to Cedair Fair passes it is a much better deal, assuming the prices stay fairly similar. If you want to be able to go to any Cedair Fair park other than the one you bought the pass at its more than double the price, with Six Flags other parks are included at the base price. For most likely just staying in CA SFMM and SFDK for $80 is a much better deal that CGA, Knotts, and Gilroy Gardens (although I've never been to Gilroy) for $180.

Edited by SLUSHIE