TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm torn on the whole Justice League at MM, while it would be a great diversion from their usual coaster route I fear they won't keep up with the ride. These Sally dark rides are very high tech with a lot of moving parts. They barely maintain the stuff they have now.

SFMM wouldn't surprise me by clearing one of the biggest plots of land we've seen cleared at this park in years for a Dark ride in a box But I'm really hoping they are going for 20 and going big!!! I believe they struck a deal with RMC to be the first park to debut the T-rex type of coaster. RMC has stated T-rex is built for size and speed, while cutting down on cost for manufacturing and supporting the coaster also faster construction. RMC or Alan isn't afraid to go big with a prototype look at X so I hoping when it's all said and done SFMM will debut the world's first RMC T-Rex Giga maybe going by the name Titan since SF recently filed the trademark for the name again.

It's just kinda hard to believe a park like SFMM has started work for a future project this early, torn down an entire stadium that's been there for years for nothing more than a dark ride but I guess we'll see.

If you look in google maps you will see some type of groundworks even outside the park boundaries. Behind Apocalypse and Riddler. There are also a bulldozer and a truck hidden behind trees. but I do not know if this type of groundworks are recent or there have always been.

That area is all land that the park doesn't own. It's a part of Newhall Land and Farm's new development and they're doing preliminary construction.

Are they still taking reservations for revolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it opened to the public today. Good day at the park too. Everything but Rev was a walk on. But even that was about 15 minutes.

Are they still taking reservations for revolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it opened to the public today. Good day at the park too. Everything but Rev was a walk on. But even that was about 15 minutes.

Wow wouldn't have expected only a 15 min wait. The whole day?

Considering we're to the point at the beginning of the season when on any given weekday there are only a few thousand people in the park, I wouldn't say it's entirely unexpected that there wasn't much of a wait. Better get all of your rides in now while you can!

Few thousand really? Doesn't seem like there are that many but makes sense if you add up the cars. About how many cars fill up that first part of the parking lot until the trees and divider?

201145118_SixFlagsParkinglotMeasurements661-255-4871F2.jpg.4eab744d3ee9ff48992d6a29ede03c47.jpg

When I went on Wednesday the 14th it was a lot 1/2. Going again Monday. Was thinking to do revolution first because there would be a line but at only 15 minutes I got to do X especially with 1 train. X still running with 1 train this week?

I'm torn on the whole Justice League at MM, while it would be a great diversion from their usual coaster route I fear they won't keep up with the ride. These Sally dark rides are very high tech with a lot of moving parts. They barely maintain the stuff they have now.

I've only ridden one version of this rides (and found myself utterly underwhelmed by it), but it seemed to me that the ride mechanism was actually quite basic. It was mainly a bunch of video games projected onto screens with a bit of fog here and there, so I'm guess that the manufacturer designs them for high-traffic parks in such a way that plugging the ride in in the mornings and booting up the computer is really all it needs (although it sounds like the game crashes and needs a reboot quite often). The version I rode seemed very similar to that video game ride at Knott's, so I assume it'd be a huge hit with the GP.

What's this I'm hearing about new ride supports behind the batman area? Anyone got pictures? It's kinda early to be having next years ride pieces showing up already..... unless it's gonna be huge

I believe these are slide pieces for Hurricane Harbor. Pieces were also spotted near Scream recently. I was at the park on Thursday for the grand opening of The New Revolution, and there were also slide pieces located near Twisted Colossus (on the side facing the parking lot).

Considering we're to the point at the beginning of the season when on any given weekday there are only a few thousand people in the park, I wouldn't say it's entirely unexpected that there wasn't much of a wait. Better get all of your rides in now while you can!

Few thousand really? Doesn't seem like there are that many but makes sense if you add up the cars. About how many cars fill up that first part of the parking lot until the trees and divider?

Yes a few thousand, and I have no idea how many cars fit in each lot but you can count them if you want.

Also, I haven't been over to see what the pieces are behind by GL, but I highly doubt they are for the waterslides seeing as all those pieces are by Scream and Twisted Colossus. They have been putting the waterslides together piece by piece these last few days so it shouldn't be long until they actually get installed.

hitting the park on tuesday and it will only be my 2nd time visiting since Twisted Colossus opened. I will be at the park before opening and was wondering, is it best to hit FullThrottle first, then Goliath and then Twisted Colossus? I ask because it seems like FullThrottle and Goliath's lines move slower than Twisted Colossus, so I want to bang those out first. Is that generally the plan of action when hitting the park right when gates open? I plan on saving X2 until later in the day as well. Probably around 5:30 before park closing at 6:00. It's a Tuesday so hopefully it's dead.

hitting the park on tuesday and it will only be my 2nd time visiting since Twisted Colossus opened. I will be at the park before opening and was wondering, is it best to hit FullThrottle first, then Goliath and then Twisted Colossus? I ask because it seems like FullThrottle and Goliath's lines move slower than Twisted Colossus, so I want to bang those out first. Is that generally the plan of action when hitting the park right when gates open? I plan on saving X2 until later in the day as well. Probably around 5:30 before park closing at 6:00. It's a Tuesday so hopefully it's dead.

Every ride will be a walk on or like 5 min or less all day Tuesday except X2 and Superman. There's no real reason to even have a plan. Go to X2 first since it's running one train. If it's not open just keep an eye out for it all day. They will likely open it up later and you can beat the crowds there. Also, hit Superman early or else you might wait a bit, but still probably 20 min or less on Tuesday. Have fun and enjoy your marathon!!

On the 13th a Wednesday when I went, I went on X2 right when the part opened thru the season pass line and went right on. There ended up being a little bit of a line after that probably 20 minutes...The line was on the outside of the station on the ramp. But sitting in the back row was so rough that once was enough all day for me. I then went to ride Tatsu with back to backs with only a 1 train wait max but then later on in the day it was to the first row of the queue below. I rode Superman 3 times in a row around 12:30 with only 3 other people on it all the 3 times but then Superman was to the front of the entrance later on in the day for some reason. Full throttle only had a 15 minute wait both times I went on it at different times of the day. The line was only along the walkway where the boarding is. Twisted Colossus was a few train wait besides the first time I went to ride it when they were adding the 3rd train which I had to wait like 20 minutes. Goliath was a walk on and Lex Luthor a train wait.

Going tomorrow also, will be riding X2 a few times right away and Tatsu, Superman Early on. Give you a recap tomorrow night on how lines were.

I've only ridden one version of this rides (and found myself utterly underwhelmed by it), but it seemed to me that the ride mechanism was actually quite basic. It was mainly a bunch of video games projected onto screens with a bit of fog here and there, so I'm guess that the manufacturer designs them for high-traffic parks in such a way that plugging the ride in in the mornings and booting up the computer is really all it needs (although it sounds like the game crashes and needs a reboot quite often). The version I rode seemed very similar to that video game ride at Knott's, so I assume it'd be a huge hit with the GP.

The Justice League dark rides are more in line with Spider-Man and Transformers than they are with Iron Reef. There's a lot of practical effects (fireballs, fog curtains, lighting, animatronics) mixed with the screens.

I feel like somewhere out there are the diehard coaster enthusiasts that are actually tired of new coasters at the park as much as that's their main focus... so they should probably catch up on things they're missing to round out the collection

I'm really surprised SFMM has not gotten a Sky Screamer yet. I've expected them to get a 400 foot version the last couple of seasons. But if they are going to use the cleared amphitheater area for 2017, I doubt it will be a Sky Screamer. Who knows, maybe 2018 lol?

I'm really surprised SFMM has not gotten a Sky Screamer yet. I've expected them to get a 400 foot version the last couple of seasons. But if they are going to use the cleared amphitheater area for 2017, I doubt it will be a Sky Screamer. Who knows, maybe 2018 lol?

With the failure of Knott's just down the 5, I'm not sure how well received one at SFMM would be.