TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

With the Platinum Pass, it says it's $125/person. If there are two people in your party and you ordered online, would you have to pay $250 or would it be ok to just pay $125? (I don't know how closely they monitor these devices once you’re at the park.) Also, are you able to arrive at The Flash Pass entrance before it’s your time to ride? Thanks.

You're checked in individually when you enter the stations, so yes it would be $250 for two people. They monitor flash pass entries very closely any time there's a line.

Platinum pass holders used to have to have a wristband with their fob too, but I'm not sure if they did away with that recently.

Forgive my squirrely ignorance, but... didn't the park say that removing trims from the ride would be part of the renovation? Or was that just speculation on the board? It honestly seems like it has MORE trims than I remember.

Forgive my squirrely ignorance, but... didn't the park say that removing trims from the ride would be part of the renovation? Or was that just speculation on the board? It honestly seems like it has MORE trims than I remember.

i only know tim burkhart said they wouldn't be removed at WCB.

Anyone know how busy the park is today? I'm deciding whether to head down there in an hour or so.

Wondering the same thing myself. I can't imagine it being too bad as there are other bigger events happening in so-cal right now (i.e. Coachella). I'm heading over in about an 30min. I'm wearing a black and white Safety Net t-shirt if you run into me.

Any updates on Superman? Is it still coming up short on the tower?

Right side is going up to the red painted section and pretty close to the brakes on top.

Left side hasn't been running for at least a month now.

going up to? or, going up into? if it's coming anywhere near the "brakes", it's completely into the red, which is how it should be running. but it wasn't even hitting the red recently. if it did, maybe a foot or two.

Right side is going up to the red painted section and pretty close to the brakes on top.

Left side hasn't been running for at least a month now.

going up to? or, going up into? if it's coming anywhere near the "brakes", it's completely into the red, which is how it should be running. but it wasn't even hitting the red recently. if it did, maybe a foot or two.

Into the red and about ~10-15 feet from where the top brakes start.

You're checked in individually when you enter the stations, so yes it would be $250 for two people. They monitor flash pass entries very closely any time there's a line.

Platinum pass holders used to have to have a wristband with their fob too, but I'm not sure if they did away with that recently.

Still get a wristband with the Platinum pass. It's for letting you re-ride immediately if you wish. We never used that feature when we there back during Spring Break. I sorta felt bad enough jumping the queue as it was!! haha

That reminds me, it was the week before Easter, on a Wednesday we went. Parked the car right on park opening, but we didn't even get on our first coaster till after 1pm. Spent so long in the Will Call line to get our LA Go passes processed and then so long in the line to actually get in the bloody park, and then another massive line to get the Flash Pass. Was kicking myself I didn't purchase them the day before at the very least.

Last Wednesday when I went it was going way into the red. Rode it 3 times in a row with no wait. Luckily as later on in the day the line got to the entrance for some reason.

Still get a wristband with the Platinum pass. It's for letting you re-ride immediately if you wish. We never used that feature when we there back during Spring Break. I sorta felt bad enough jumping the queue as it was!! haha

You shouldn't feel bad about it; if you paid the hefty fee to purchase platinum, you should absolutely take advantage of it whenever possible.

One thing I didn't know about the reride wristband, and something that wasn't explained to me at the point of purchase, is that if you use the flash pass and select either the front row or back row on any given coaster, you're NOT allowed to reride. This was also extremely loosely enforced, and wasn't even mentioned to me until about 6:30 PM on the day that I was there, after my fifth ride on Goliath. Go figure. So just be aware of that possible hiccup if you do purchase it.

That reminds me, it was the week before Easter, on a Wednesday we went. Parked the car right on park opening, but we didn't even get on our first coaster till after 1pm. Spent so long in the Will Call line to get our LA Go passes processed and then so long in the line to actually get in the bloody park, and then another massive line to get the Flash Pass. Was kicking myself I didn't purchase them the day before at the very least.

The re-ride feature is one of the overlooked bonuses of the Platinum Flash Pass. Like another poster mentioned, just don't sit in the front or back car if you want to be able to re-ride. You can't re-ride on Lex Luther, but you can just reserve another ride on it as soon as they check you in. I would always recommend buying the Flash Pass online as it guarantees you one in case they sell out and there's a special line for online purchases (and it's way shorter). My typical strategy is to hit X2 once or twice at opening and then grab my Flash Pass. My personal record using the Platinum Flash Pass is 48 rides:

X2 2

FT 1

Tatsu 10

Viper 2

Apocalypse 2

Goliath 8

Superman 1

Green Lantern 2 (never riding it again, I gave it two chances and both sucked)

Riddler 4

Batman 4

Lex Luther 4

Scream 4

TC 4

Towards the end of the day, I had ridden all of the Flash Pass rides so much that I decided to end the night on TC. I got in line around 8:30pm and got 3 rides on TC to cap off a crazy day (park closed at 10pm). So other than my two rides on X2 at opening and my 3 additional rides on TC at the end of the day, I didn't wait in any lines. I don't think I'll ever do this many rides in one day again, but it was fun to see how many I could get using the Platinum Flash Pass.

You shouldn't feel bad about it; if you paid the hefty fee to purchase platinum, you should absolutely take advantage of it whenever possible.

Definitely! The double rides is the main distinguishing feature between Gold and Platinum. It's what really cuts down on your wait time, since you do still have to wait a little for each ride. If your wait is 10 minutes from the cutoff point, then with Gold you wait 20 minutes for two rides, and with Platinum you wait 10 minutes for two rides. I'd say if you don't do the double rides, you might as well just get Gold instead.

Looking forward to getting back to the Mountain on Tuesday. It's been over a year. Very much looking forward to finally getting on Twisted Colossus.

Thank you so much for not asking if it will be crowded and whether or not you should get a flash pass. Have fun!

If you look in google maps you will see some type of groundworks even outside the park boundaries. Behind Apocalypse and Riddler. There are also a bulldozer and a truck hidden behind trees. but I do not know if this type of groundworks are recent or there have always been.

Looking forward to getting back to the Mountain on Tuesday. It's been over a year. Very much looking forward to finally getting on Twisted Colossus.

Thank you so much for not asking if it will be crowded and whether or not you should get a flash pass. Have fun!

It's cause I'm a pre-cog dude. I don't need to ask redonkulous questions like that when I already know the answer. Ask me anything. I'll tell you. You may not like the answer, but I'll tell ya.

Sent by the Monkeys flying out of my butt using poo as a nutrition source.