TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hey everyone!

West Coast Bash 2012 will be on....

Saturday, February 18th - Six Flags Magic Mountain

Sunday, February 19th - Knott's Berry Farm

MARK YOUR CALENDARS NOW!!!

Keep in mind that this is also "Presidents Day Weekend", so many of you may have Monday off work or school! This could make for a great "weekend getaway!"

Make your plans now! And if you need any more help from us, please ask!

Details about the event will be released soon, but you can be sure it will be filled with Exclusive Ride Time, Backstage Tours, Great Food, and Good Times!

You will not want to miss this event! See you at WCB 2012!

I'm not a huge fan of spinning coasters but a terrain spinner in that area might be kind of cool concept and be a type of coaster the magic Mountain doesn't have. It would also be another great family style ride that would be unique to their existing lineup.

^I'm not sure how much 'family' stuff you'll see at SFMM. Keep in mind every 'family' thing they've tried in the last five years has pretty much failed and they've been in the process of taking family stuff out. The park has found its niche as the 'XTREME' park (sound familiar) and I feel that's the direction you'll continue to see it go in.

Man, I'm going to miss the Log Jammer. The final drop was better than Jet Stream's, IMO. Even though the park still has Jet Stream for being the main log ride, it won't be the same.

Whatever the replace the classic ride with, I hope they keep the large lake. It's just too beautiful to just fill in with concrete and rock. If they get ride of the old station (Which they most-likely will) then that's totally fine with me. At least we won't have a crappy haunted house at Fright Fest that has home haunt set quality and takes about a minute and a half to walk through.

Deciding what's going to go in its place is going to be tricky. It would be interesting to see a cross between a water coaster and an El Loco. I know it sounds ludicrous, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Deciding what's going to go in its place is going to be tricky. It would be interesting to see a cross between a water coaster and an El Loco. I know it sounds ludicrous, but I'm just throwing that out there.

El Loco Agua?

^oh my god this is getting insane

YOU'RE GENIUS! An insane ride would be awesome! A ride that would be so insane, it would go underwater...literally. The drop can go into the water, have a sign at the top warning you to hold your breath, and have a barrel roll underneath.

At the end of the ride, there could be an avocado park.

Cant wait for WCB!!!! Last year I went to Knotts for WCB. I was wondering if SFMMs WCB is better or is knotts?

I absolutely love them both. For me, and depending what is offered, the SFMM day is like a massive coaster marathon, and Knott's is like an incredible behind the scenes theme park adventure. At SFMM they also have backstage tours, but it's really about riding the coasters over and over and over with barely any lines (me and my wife rode Tatsu in the front, with no one else at all). Knott's last year was awesome with the tours, especially being able to walk in the Log Ride flume!

I wonder why MM decided to take out Log Jammer NOW, seeing as nothing is replacing it for the 2012 season.

EDIT: Didn't seem like it was falling apart or a maintenance issue. Anyone know of any issues?

Edited by Schotcher

Not only does not having Log Jammer open for the 2012 season save $$ ... but it also let's workers get into the area and survey the land for the coming attraction(s). Hopefully this means they are going to actually design a ride that fits the landscape and build "around" the land instead of building "on top" of the land like they did with Tatsu.

Considering Log Jammer closed rather suddenly I'm going to assume they already either know or have a good idea what is going in that area.

Wonder if I can get my hat that I lost on the ride on it's last day back when we go on Friday.