TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Went to SFMM last night... The crowds were insane!

We got to the park a little before 8pm, and parked in one of the last possible rows in the overflow lot. By the end of the night, they were parking cars along the road, even turning the toll booth area into a parking lot. (Does that happen often?)

Given the time constraints combined with the large crowds, we decided to forgo the maze wristband. Instead, we focused solely on rides.

We got on three rides between 8pm and park close (12:30am): LL:DoD (90 minute wait), Scream! (30 minute wait), and X2 (110 minute wait).

Scream! and X2 were awesome as usual (the latter of which felt particularly smooth last night, too, which was a nice treat).

LL:DoD was probably my favorite part of the evening. This was my first time on the ride. I usually don't get too anxious on rides anymore, but I have to admit that this ride got my heart going... Although I'm well accustomed to 400ft coasters, a drop tower at that height felt totally different. The slow raise to the top was truly exhilarating, and the ride vehicles provided a beautiful sense of freedom IMO. Adding to the excitement, I was amazed how significant and noticeable the swaying / vibrating was when S:EfK launched. Not totally prepared for swaying back and forth 400ft in the air!

Overall, I think LL:DoD is a win for the park. Despite its abysmal capacity (which seems to be the new norm for the park), I thought the experience was second to none.

Yeah LLOD was awesome, and as many others have said the ride up is definitely the best part. I noticed it kind of hestitates several times where you're not sure you are yet at the top..don't know if that's intentional but it adds to the experience! The swaying is very cool not only when you're up there, but it's also pretty ominous to stand at the bottom and look up and see the whole tower swaying back and forth!

IMG_4699.thumb.JPG.78d4975c7afd154a2025fc2cc63bf6d3.JPG

Looks awesome from this angle.

Went to SFMM last night... The crowds were insane!

We got to the park a little before 8pm, and parked in one of the last possible rows in the overflow lot. By the end of the night, they were parking cars along the road, even turning the toll booth area into a parking lot. (Does that happen often?)

Given the time constraints combined with the large crowds, we decided to forgo the maze wristband. Instead, we focused solely on rides.

Yes it was crowded and SFMM extended the park hours 30 minutes to 12:30am.

The "Toll Booth Area Parking" is set up as a "guest pick up area" and works pretty good as huge amount of local people are dropped off for the day and all seem to be picked up at the same time.

Good idea to forgo the mazes as Saturday you might have done 2 within 5 hours or 3 at the most... tonight will be final night and should be better and should be able to get all 8 mazes in under your belt in the 4 hours.

Perhaps you could have saved time doing to Single Rider line for LLDOD.

^^That reminded me that I never posted my review on Lex Luthor. Basically, Lex Luthor has become my favorite ride in the park. I would recommend going there first as I was the 1st person on the ride. The drop is amazing and is very long. Lap bars on drop tower: Spectacular.

The Coaster Guy ‏@TheCoasterGuy

What the Fried? building @SFMagicMountain will be razed as part of Full Throttle build. Palace Games will be converted to a food location.

Never got the chance to eat at WTfried... how was it?

Where did you hear this? On a tweet? He hasn't posted anything about this at his web site.

Yes, he tweeted it. We also went to the park for a couple hours yesterday and got our last dole whip. I asked the staff and they confirmed that yesterday was the last day of operation for the "What The Fried?" building and that it will be tore down for Full Throttle. They didn't know if the dole whips will be added elsewhere. Sad to see a building from park opening be torn down but I guess that's the life of adding new rides.

I guess that also explains the "temporary" signs that everyone complained about.

I think it says a lot about the excitement surrounding this ride when the fact that a majority of people were more excited talking about what may come to the mountain other than talking about the ride now that its been announced.

I for one am not quite sure what to think about it, but I can say I was definitely more excited for Lex Luther.

Yes, he tweeted it. We also went to the park for a couple hours yesterday and got our last dole whip. I asked the staff and they confirmed that yesterday was the last day of operation for the "What The Fried?" building and that it will be tore down for Full Throttle. They didn't know if the dole whips will be added elsewhere. Sad to see a building from park opening be torn down but I guess that's the life of adding new rides.

I guess that also explains the "temporary" signs that everyone complained about.

I wonder if they have plans to move WTfriend to another location if it was popular in its short time open..

I think it says a lot about the excitement surrounding this ride when the fact that a majority of people were more excited talking about what may come to the mountain other than talking about the ride now that its been announced.

I for one am not quite sure what to think about it, but I can say I was definitely more excited for Lex Luther.

I think a lot of people would have to agree with you.

Magic mountain the only thread where closing food stands take top billing.

What the hell are you complaining about??? There's been like a total of TEN POSTS on this topic. When we're at like, 50 pages of stupid crap like the whole lockers debate, then come talk to us...

Thanks.