TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ Yes I agree I just can't see a coaster going from Deja Vu all the way to Log Jammers old spot, and then back that would be an extremely long and expensive coaster.

True but it doesn't matter because remember, if they really want to do this and its possible they will find a way. Maybe its going to be one huge launched coaster as said, maybe it will be two completely different attractions....who knows...they do!

I didn't see anyone on here who expected the drop tower to go on S:EFK.

I agree that nobody expected Magic Mountian to build the drop towers on S:EFK... but it's not mind-bogglingly insane. Dreamworld did build their giant drop on the side of Tower of Terror (II).

As for the current rumors... one can dream.

I didn't see anyone on here who expected the drop tower to go on S:EFK.

I agree that nobody expected Magic Mountian to build the drop towers on S:EFK... but it's not mind-bogglingly insane. Dreamworld did build their giant drop on the side of Tower of Terror (II).

As for the current rumors... one can dream.

I meant that the drop tower ended up being above people's expectations, so it isn't illogical to think that this up-and-coming whatever-it-may-be could exceed expectations as well, even if those expectations are already high.

Although I have a feeling that we're going to be speculating for a while before we really find out anything concrete.

It actually makes a little sense to expect a pretty huge installation when you think about it. The last major project was Tatsu back in '06. The rest were overhauls and Terminator and GL; fairly "small" rides for a park like Magic Mtn. known for going big every couple years. I'll agree that while plauseable, this fresh rumor seems a bit far fetched with its scale and location.

^ From a public standpoint, you're not really supposed to notice those overhauls. They're put in place so that you don't notice how terrible an area looks. Blue paint on Batman isn't going to draw anyone to the park or make a member of the public stop to admire it, but chipping paint on it might deter people.

I've been sitting here wondering to myself why Six Flags contacted Premier for a new train on Deja Vu. Is this because of their pledge to never buy anything from Vekoma again after the three Deja Vu mishaps?

I'm wondering if 2013 will be the year that Magic Mountain receives a new 'killer app' of a coaster. With all this land clearing that may be the case. Personally I think it would be great for the park, because in my opinion Magic Mountain really hasn't had a great success with a new ride since they built Goliath back in 2000. When Goliath was built, I was quite young, but I remember how everybody was talking about it and it was (and still is) a major draw for the park. X(2) was also successful, but would have been more so if Arrow had designed the first batch of trains correctly....

And please, don't flame me, I understand that Apocinator and Green Lantern as well as their other additions this last decade like Tatsu were successful, but I don't think any of those were really successful like Goliath was. Goliath was an out of the park homerun for Magic Mountain; I just really hope that whatever is in store will be along the same lines. It's been a while since Magic Mountain was the talk of the town (for a good reason) and I hope that this new direction that the park is going will restore some of that former glory.

Here's to hoping!

Edit: I said here's to hoping twice. I'm disgusted with myself.

What is this "SFMM isn't working with Vekoma" thing?

Granted, they've only had one "new" Vekoma built since the Deja Vu's went in (Jester at SFNO) but I think that's good for everybody.

From what I've read, supposedly after the Deja Vu debacle and the ride being pulled from SFGAm and SFOG Six Flags pretty much swore off ever buying from Vekoma again. Sounds kinda dumb at first, but I suppose if you look at their history of having large orders from Vekoma (7 coasters in 2001) and then not having any for 11 years, that speaks for itself.