Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuff

P. 32- Final Report! Cruise, Greece, Rome & Two Italy Parks!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Europe 2016 - Robb & Elissa Traveling Around Riding Stuf

Postby Rickyboy2 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:06 am

I do agree that Heide Park is losing it's German style family Theme Park charm very quickly. Very unfortunate, because the park has the potential to be an equivalent to Europa-Park but deliberately choses not to be. Some of the coasters are great, but it's slowly becoming the only reason to go to Heide Park, unfortunately.

Thanks for the TR Robb!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:29 am

You can follow our trip LIVE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview

I admit that I am a jaded "coaster fan" and it's rare that I get excited by new rides or find something that blows me away. Kärnan at Hansa Park did just that. It's so strange and messed up that I don't even know how to describe the ride.

The park calls it a "hyper coaster" but that just makes you think of dull personality-less cookie-cutter B&M hypers but this is so much more. The ride is so screwed up and totally original! I can honestly say I've never been on anything like it before.

It's sort of a cross between a hyper coaster, Euro-Fighter, Drop Tower, with airtime and insane crazy forces all over the place that I can't even begin to describe. It *feels* more like some crazy-mental ride that RMC or Intamin would come up with while drunk and angry at someone.
Not to mention the amazing theming and the "Russian Roulette" room where you don't actually know what row you're going to be assigned to until your row lights up and the door pops open. WTF???? So weird but so much fun!

This seriously is going to be the best coaster of the trip and quite possibly the best new ride I've ridden in a long time.

Today we are at Hansa Park! Spending all day at one of our favorite German parks!

So we just rode Karnan OMG what the hell just happened??? What an AMAZING ride!!!

The airtime on Karnan is just bananas! You're out of your seat everywhere!

I am not going to give away what happens in Karnan's tower but it will really mess with your head!

The spinning swinging bell ride with fire & water is a pretty messed up ride! In a good way!

We got some delicious freshly made crepes at Hansa Park! (Although Sarah was denied the eggnog crepe!) lol

We took some... Umm... Very "interesting" onride photos today! lol
(We also rode with a TPR fan that spotted us at Novrogod!)

Our BBQ lunch was seriously one of the most fun meals we've ever had at a park!

Have I mentioned just how nuts Karnan is? Incredible!

Just had some ERT on Karnan! What a completely mental ride! Quite possibly the best coaster of the trip!

Dear Efteling fanboys - This is how you do awesome theming AND a kick-ass ride! ;)

Just a few shots of Hansa Park from the observation tower.

Nessie is a "SuperRollerCoaster" where you get eaten by an animal!

I love Hansa Park's old west town! "Scrape shit from boots!" LOL! Noted :)

Kinda bummed the old "Double Bayern Curve" is gone but rides don't last forever!

Just so we can remember when we visited Hansa Park.

Sarah totally controlled the frogs!

If there is one consistent theme to all these European parks, it's the amazing landscaping!

While the group had ERT on Karnan, Kristen opted for ERT on the "bouncy cushion!" lol

Let's not forget they also had some amazing "slides of death" here too!

Spinning raft ride... Didn't get very wet but at least it spun a lot!

The ropes course is totally serious and insanely hard! We love it!

These amazing German pretzels at the front of the park make for a great snack before heading home.

Had a really nice visit to Hansa Park! This remains one of our favorite parks in Europe!

You can follow our trip LIVE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ThemeParkReview
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:09 pm.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:41 am

Kärnan is one of the best rollercoasters I have ridden, it really is an amazing ride :b

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Alex1337 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:54 am

Same here, it definitely is the most intense ride I've ever ridden! I love love love that first drop, it just feels like it lasts forever! Seems like you guys had a nice day in Hansa-Park! Nice TR's once again! Can't wait to see Kärnan when all of the theming is totally complete.. This is just such a kickass ride, in a kickass park! And it just keeps getting better and better!
Alex Poulsen, danish rollercoaster fanatic, settled in Copenhagen, pretty much born and raised in BonBon-Land.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hydra » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:52 am

Ok, you know the Golden Tickets are a joke when most of these parks have not been nominated or won 'Best Landscaping' or 'Most Beautiful'.

Not that Busch Gardens Williamsburg doesn't do a great job...

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby Stonem » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:04 am

I miss so much Hansa Park. I would like to go back one day.
The thing I liked the most about this park is that their rides are not just coaster, but they want to give you kind a sort of "experience", starting from the queue line to the exit (for example the exit of Fluch Von Novgorod was such a pleasant surprise!).
This park has two kick A$$ roller coasters, and beautiful landscapes. Too bad that is so underrated here in Europe, they really have clever ideas for their rides. Karnan is just pure love <3
1- X2 2- Der Schwur des Kärnan 3 - Twisted Colossus 4- Taron 6- Expedition GeForce 6- Shambhala 7- Medusa Steel Coaster 8-Katun

Coaster Counter: 134

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby deguy123 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:53 am

Omg! I had such a good time at that park! The new coaster looks amazing!

Also the ropes course is insanely hard but it felt good when you finished it. Those bike pedals at the end were so hard but I made it across!

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:40 pm

Robb, do you remember what the waiting times were for Karnan throughout the day?
Last time I was there waits were above 1 hour all day, I'm sort of interested how it is nowadays.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Norwegian coasterfan » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:51 pm

wrebbit wrote:Robb, do you remember what the waiting times were for Karnan throughout the day?
Last time I was there waits were above 1 hour all day, I'm sort of interested how it is nowadays.

When i went in april it was walk on all day :b

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:59 pm

wrebbit wrote:Robb, do you remember what the waiting times were for Karnan throughout the day?

Longest line I saw posted was 35 minutes. But remember, we are also not visiting during a busy season as the European schools are not our for summer break yet.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!