Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1039 - Bierfest 2018 announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A village is missing its IDIOT!

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby australianalex » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:34 am

^ Verbolten will be the first Zierer Launched Coaster with a free fall drop.

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby Bear92 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:44 am

chipcoaster wrote:[code][/code]How many cars will be running on each train? Will all 5 be able to run at the same time? I have never heard of a coaster that has the capability of doing this.

Each train has 9 cars with 2 seats each, making 18 riders per train.

Have a look at some of the Disney coasters, they run 5+ trains pretty much all the time and also so did Schwarzkopf's Olympia Looping!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:49 am

It was mentioned during the tour that Verbolten's capacity would be around 1,400 riders per hour.
Bear92 wrote:
chipcoaster wrote:[code][/code]How many cars will be running on each train? Will all 5 be able to run at the same time? I have never heard of a coaster that has the capability of doing this.

Each train has 9 cars with 2 seats each, making 18 riders per train.

Have a look at some of the Disney coasters, they run 5+ trains pretty much all the time and also so did Schwarzkopf's Olympia Looping!

It was mentioned during the tour that Verbolten's capacity would be around 1,400 riders per hour.
Last edited by cfc on Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:50 am.

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby Der Der Dongt » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:32 am

Euro Mir for example is even able to run 8 trains at the same time.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:24 pm

Didn't the Great American Revolution at Magic Mountain open with 5 trains? I still remember waiting over 4 hours to ride it on opening weekend.

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:16 pm

Five trains isn't that uncommon for a coaster. Most wild mouse coasters have that many. Major coasters like Maverick and TTD run with 5 (and Maverick runs with 6 most times).

Full Fledged Meat Enthusiast!

Location: Phoenix, AZ, San Mateo, CA, A Southwest 737, a Continental 737, A United 737...

Postby QueerRudie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:23 am

Guy T. Koepp wrote:Didn't the Great American Revolution at Magic Mountain open with 5 trains? I still remember waiting over 4 hours to ride it on opening weekend.

In the name of the Lord, Our Saviour, Anton Schwarzkopf, Amen. Praise be to Anton.

Revolution was delivered with six trains- and five were operated during the first 6 seasons. Two trains were originally used as 'donor' trains for parts, and are now 'scrapped' as such. Revolution now has four trains- three on the track, a fourth in storage, of which two are used at any given time.

Schwarzkopf intended for Revolution to run with six trains- but even with the best operations, that would have resulted in a staff ready to revolt- unless they had used the platform as originally intended- with two station start-stop mode (thus the 'second' room on the platform). He had designed the ride to run like a European fair coaster - but Magic Mountain never operated it as such.

Go in peace, Ride a Schwarzkopf.

R.D.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:33 am

QueerRudie wrote:In the name of the Lord, Our Saviour, Anton Schwarzkopf, Amen. Praise be to Anton.

:lmao: :lmao: I just spit my Pepsi out.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:38 am

I'm looking forward to seeing how BGW runs Verbolten. They're pretty good about running three trains per coaster on busy days (and single-train operations are very rare).

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby oriolat » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:14 pm

If the trains don't need seatbelts, then I can see fast and smooth operations with multiple trains. I mean, 18 people per train isn't that hard to check when you only have to pull a single lap bar, is it?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!