Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 408: Intro of Pre-K pass, free admission for ages 3-5
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby SteelForceless » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Dorney will be flying the Hersheypark flag over their park!

For those of you who haven't been following the Phantoms/Bears playoff series (which is likely all of you but I digress), tonight the Bears beat the Phantoms in Game 5 of the five game series and are going on to the next round of the playoffs.

So, in the near future, Dorney will be flying the Hersheypark flag over their own park! Not sure when it will take place just yet.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby YoshiFan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:33 pm

As expected the bumper cars were just ok. The cycle is very short and the small driving area combined with the metal island in the middle caused a lot of people to spend most of the ride cycle stuck. Stinger was closed with some mechanics working on the ride but it never opened (not that I would have ridden the coaster anyway).

IMG_2086.JPG

I also noticed this when walking around the park today.

Postby DILinator » Mon May 01, 2017 12:56 am

Ugh... I can't stand it when Bumper Cars have that island in the middle... :devil:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby SteelForceless » Tue May 02, 2017 1:21 pm

DILinator wrote:Ugh... I can't stand it when Bumper Cars have that island in the middle... :devil:

Neither can I. I don't know if it's intentionally supposed to clog things up or if it's to make everyone drive in a circle, but it's annoying.

Today, I was looking at the newly-designed park website when I came across this: the background of the Food Truck Fridays page is of Shambahala and Dragon Khan at Port Adventura. Am I missing something?

https://www.dorneypark.com/play/events/food-truck-fridays

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 02, 2017 1:28 pm

No, they just pieced together two stock photos. Sometimes if you don't have a photo that works you have to buy one from a stock image site. I'm sure that other image appeared under a site search for "Roller Coasters" or something along those lines...

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:30 pm

| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

Postby coasterbill » Tue May 02, 2017 1:37 pm

Right, so they just bought a stock photo of those, there are plenty for sale.

Postby DILinator » Wed May 03, 2017 1:26 am

SteelForceless wrote:
DILinator wrote:Ugh... I can't stand it when Bumper Cars have that island in the middle... :devil:

Neither can I. I don't know if it's intentionally supposed to clog things up or if it's to make everyone drive in a circle, but it's annoying.

Sadly, I think their intent IS to "encourage" people to drive in a circle, and to "prevent" head-on collisions. Which, IMHO, pretty much defeats a lot of the fun of bumper cars! :lol: (I mean, I don't actually TRY to hit people head-on, but still, driving in a circle is terrible...)
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed May 03, 2017 12:33 pm

DILinator wrote:
SteelForceless wrote:

Sadly, I think their intent IS to "encourage" people to drive in a circle, and to "prevent" head-on collisions. Which, IMHO, pretty much defeats a lot of the fun of bumper cars! :lol: (I mean, I don't actually TRY to hit people head-on, but still, driving in a circle is terrible...)

The island is essentially a CYA move on parks to prevent head-on collisions. More than a few times, bloody noses from children have resulted from head-on collisions. As one who has operated an islandless bumper cars, we are required to make the spiel that says "try to avoid head-on collisions" but no one enforces it. I can also imagine that the island makes it harder to clean the attraction.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

Postby Philrad71 » Wed May 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Can't believe that coasterbill let this comment slide on by!!! :lol:
Knoebels_2010 291.jpg
It has an island, but, but...
Knoebels_2010 287.jpg
The island doesn't mean sh%t in terms of head-on collisions. Despite the fact that you are not allowed to perform head-on collisions, they still are mostly unavoidable due to all of the craziness that IS Skooters.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!