TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 201 - Iron Menace announced for 2024!

I think the name is fine, "Hades" is a worse name as this can be linked to satanic things.

"Banshee" was a bit too far but a great name, it means "whaling death" which is right for a stand-up coaster, but can put people off from riding it due to them thinking the ride is unsafe.

To make the ride more spooky - paint the track or supports in

"glow in the dark" colours.

Does wicked twister have a holding brake? Straight drops are better, IMO.

No. I don't think it could, with both spikes being twisted.

Anyway, that is an awesome logo, and a cool name too! And they will probably repaint it. Remember, when X-Flight showed up at King's Island, it was still Green, but was repainted red while being constructed.

Does wicked twister have a holding brake? Straight drops are better, IMO.

No. I don't think it could, with both spikes being twisted.

Anyway, that is an awesome logo, and a cool name too! And they will probably repaint it. Remember, when X-Flight showed up at King's Island, it was still Green, but was repainted red while being constructed.

Correct, there is no holding brake. The spikes on Wicked Twister are twisted, where both max out at 450 degrees. The ride is taller (215 ft) and faster (72 mph) than all other impulse coasters. I agree, straight drops are better as well.

If you look closely, you can see where the paint is chipping off of Firehawk, showing the original neon green color of X-Flight. It tries to live again!

haha it refuses to die!!! Yeah that's a good point I forgot they repaint it on site sometimes, hopefully that's the case so the colors can vary at the park. They have orange, red, and 2 bright greens, so a dark blue would fit nicely or a dark purple.

Just a note, I'm hitting Dorney this weekend so I'll find out more hopefully and possibly some construction pics if any, also if anyone wants to meet up PM me!

• 2 weeks later...