Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 422: Stinger being removed
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
2 + 2 = donkey!

Re: Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby SteelForceless » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:18 pm

coasterbill wrote:Yeah, but they sell Crab Fries.

Post-workout snack? Is that a thing?

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:52 pm

SteelForceless wrote:
coasterbill wrote:Yeah, but they sell Crab Fries.

Post-workout snack? Is that a thing?

Potatoes are vegetables.

Can't comment on the "cheese" dip tho.

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:08 pm

Just in case anyone in here is looking for a little bit of 80's Dorney memories, I came across this footage of the Flying Dutchman on Youtube earlier. The only Pinfari I will ever have (admittedly probably misplaced) nostalgia for.

That coaster dad [316] and that coaster kiddo [175]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Intimidator 305. El Toro. Skyrush.

Kiddo's faves: Banshee. Top Thrill Dragster. Valravn. Apollo's Chariot. Twisted Timbers.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Haunting » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:02 pm

^Love when these kinds of old video treasures come to light. This was a neat little find!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:48 am

NEW FREE SEASON PASS FOR CHILDREN - THE PRE-K PASS - COMING TO DORNEY PARK & WILDWATER KINGDOM IN 2018

New café along with Pre-K Pass provides more options for family entertainment
Allentown, PA (August 16, 2017) – Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom will launch a new type of season pass specifically for young children for 2018. The Pre-K Pass grants free admission to children three to five years of age for the entire 2018 season as well as the remainder of 2017.

Dorney Park vice president and general manager Mike Fehnel said, “We’re introducing the Pre-K Pass to help families with young children more easily and affordably enjoy everything that Dorney Park has to offer, in a way that considers the unique needs of this age group. The Pre-K Pass allows parents to save money as the entire family experiences not only the kid’s rides in Planet Snoopy™ but also roller coasters, thrill rides, shows and our fantastic water park.”

Online registration and in-park activation is required for the Pre-K Pass; guests who register and activate between August 16 through October 29, 2017 will receive unlimited park visits for the remainder of 2017 as well as all of 2018. To register, go to www.dorneypark.com, select Season Passes and then select the Pre-K Pass. Follow the directions to submit and activate the pass.

Also new for 2018 is the Tidal Wave Café, opening in Wildwater Kingdom. The nautical themed restaurant will feature popular fare such as hand-battered fried shrimp, rotisserie chicken, hand-breaded chicken tenderloins, and house-smoked pulled pork.

Guests can purchase their 2018 Season Pass at the lowest price of the year now through October 29, 2017. In addition to enjoying unlimited visits to Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom, free season-long parking, exclusive passholder events and discounts on food and merchandise in 2018, passholders can enjoy one free visit this fall to experience Halloween Haunt or The Great Pumpkin Fest. See www.dorneypark.com for full details.

About Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom
Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom features “two great parks for the price of one,” with more than 100 rides, shows and attractions. Guests can enjoy eight roller coasters, the largest collection of kids’ rides in Planet Snoopy™ and one of the country’s best-ranked water parks. For more information, see www.dorneypark.com. Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), a publicly traded partnership and one of the largest regional amusement-resort operators in the world. The Company owns and operates 11 amusement parks, two outdoor water parks, one indoor water park and five hotels. For more information, see www.cedarfair.com.

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:52 am

This is a park that absolutely doesn't benefit from more coasters right now. Can't really argue with providing more food service capacity in the water park.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:57 am

That's actually a really interesting move for the park. I'd be curious to see how this plays out for them, it strikes me as the kind of thing that they might expand to other properties if it ends up being a lucrative concept.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 am

DirkFunk wrote:This is a park that absolutely doesn't benefit from more coasters right now. Can't really argue with providing more food service capacity in the water park.

I agree with the latter. That's the only area of the park that I've ever seen crowded.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:06 am

This is cool since this means we can get my nephew in for free for a few more years.

Can't wait for all the GCI woodie delusionals to start crying about this.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby sfkk » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:19 am

I hope given that this is a small addition this year they have more time to focus on food throughout the park. A lot of Cedar Fair food is not the best, but Dorney Park had the single worst cheeseburger of any amusement park I have ever been to. The rest of the food was not very good either. If they really want to attract families with their bumper cars, troika and now this new pre-k pass, decent food is a necessity. I hope they focus on these little things this season.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!