Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

P. 1996 - Jersey Devil Coaster Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 12 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Re: Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

Postby larrygator » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:22 pm

I thought I was going to go with a membership this year, but after running the numbers it just didn't seem worth it.

After looking at the cost of what I wanted (parking and entry to all amusement parks, deluxe dining plan and unlimited drinks) it was $173.13 for the Gold Season Pass, this includes about $20 in taxes and processing fees).

The cheapest Membership Gold was $46.96 for the first month plus $17.85 per month thereafter ($8.10 + $9.75). Even if I ignore the first month of the membership (which includes the processing fee) and focus on the per month charge thereafter the Gold Pass is a better deal for me. $17.85 x 12 = $214.20

It appears to me that the deluxe dining with unlimited drinks is actually cheaper with a season pass ($84.99) than a Gold Membership (12 x $9.75 = $117)

Since I do not ever use BAFF and rarely go to the parks when it is busy I could not see paying the extra $40-$60 just for the special entrance and one time preferred parking. However, the best option is going to vary per person and if this doesn't work for me, I'll try the membership next year.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:32 pm

Where are you getting the $9.75 for the Deluxe dining membership? Mine was 6.10 and added to my Diamond Pass is 18.20 a month which comes to $218 a year without taxes/fees, but you also get preferred parking every visit which would be $15 a visit, private seating and stuff. So all in all, it comes out to be way cheaper in the long run.

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:06 pm

i have the old regular gold membership, but i always buy the full years dining pass and they add it on to my membership. unless they changed something, you can do that. i'll find out in a few days when i go to redeem it. but it's been fine for two years now.

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:09 pm

You can! I asked too when I was weighing my options but I found $6.10 for the deluxe dining membership equals $73.20 a year without fees and taxes, whereas the $84.99 Season Dining is more.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:54 am

B&MIntaminGCI wrote:Where are you getting the $9.75 for the Deluxe dining membership? Mine was 6.10 and added to my Diamond Pass is 18.20 a month which comes to $218 a year without taxes/fees, but you also get preferred parking every visit which would be $15 a visit, private seating and stuff. So all in all, it comes out to be way cheaper in the long run.

You are adding Deluxe Dining to a Diamond Membership, I was adding to a Gold Membership, that is the difference between $6.10 and $9.75.

I entered what I wanted at the 3 lowest levels and compared the prices. When you add in your taxes and processing the Diamond Membership is about $240 for one year, the Gold Membership is about $215, the Gold Pass is abut $175.

I'm not looking for an argument or debate about what is the best option, I stated the best option will vary by person. If I was a different person with different park visiting habits I would jump at some of the other deals, but they are not right for ME.

The preferred parking means nothing to me, I have never used it in the past and paying extra to get something for free is not an upsale tactic I generally pursue. I don't use BAFF passes, I think they should be done away with. The private entrance doesn't mean anything to me as I usually go on less crowded days. I'm not sure what the "private seating" is. The skip to line passes would be nice, but again not necessary on most of my visits.

The membership rewards program is already broke. You track your experiences online on the honor system and are given rewards for reaching point levels. I'm not sure what stuff they are going to provide, but again I'm not drawn in by shining objects and probably wouldn't need or appreciate the stuff they give me.
GolDmemDining.JPG
Gold Membership Dining Options
DiamondDining.JPG
Diamond Membership Dining Options
benefits.JPG
Membership Rewards Program
Last edited by larrygator on Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:12 pm.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Postby B&MIntaminGCI » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:49 pm

No one was looking to argue or debate. I was just simply confused and had a lapse of memory that the Dining Memberships change price depending on what Membership level you sign up for. I apologize for the confusion and misunderstanding.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Rayj » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:59 pm

What if.....superman and green lantern get rethemed to something else, Nitro became Superman, and bizarro gets rethemed. Something needs to happen because these DC characters are all over the place at this park lol

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:00 pm

^ :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

It gets me that some people still haven't figured out Six Flags doesn't give a sh*t about that.

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby coneyislandchris » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:19 am

larrygator wrote:I thought I was going to go with a membership this year, but after running the numbers it just didn't seem worth it.

After looking at the cost of what I wanted (parking and entry to all amusement parks, deluxe dining plan and unlimited drinks) it was $173.13 for the Gold Season Pass, this includes about $20 in taxes and processing fees).

I'll be honest, this year my family and I haven't been visiting Six Flags parks as frequently as we have in the past, and I'm not even sure if we've gotten the value out of our 2018 dining passes. We're all still grandfathered in on the Gold Combo memberships at a lower price than the cheapest current offer, so I think we're going to let the dining passes expire at the end of this season, and then just continue to hang onto Gold Combo until they unceremoniously retire it at some point in the future (or cut the included benefits to a point where we'd need to pick up Gold Plus). I can't see myself shelling out the $340 or so for four deluxe dining passes for us if we only go a handful of times.
That coaster dad [335] and that coaster kiddo [212]. Road trip buddies for life.
Dad's faves: Fury 325. Phantom's Revenge. Twisted Timbers. Intimidator 305. El Toro.

Kiddo's faves: Talon. Alpengeist. Copperhead Strike. Twisted Timbers. Fury 325.

Postby Jason Maier » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:16 am

Thinking about going up on Columbus Day (my off days at my new job are Monday & Tuesday).

How nuts are crowds there on Columbus Day?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!