TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure (SFGAdv) Discussion Thread

• Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bro, Jersey legalized pot not crack. Put it down.

OH. MY. GOD. A SPIRAL MAINTENANCE STAIRCASE!!!!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO WALK DOWN IT!!!!  

That’s correct. If you’re in the state for less than 24 hours you’re perfectly in compliance with the quarantine but be warned that if you’re there for 24 hours and one second you’re not and you’ll be

Posted Images

Is Nitro the largest roller coaster in the country (at a seasonal park) that runs during a winter event? I'm having a hard time thinking of a bigger coaster.

Technically SFOT is seasonal, right? If Titan runs, it beats it in height. Loses in ride quality though.

The early rumor for 2020 is that Six Flags Great Adventure may be preparing to work with RMC… but don’t worry, they wont be touching El Toro. Instead they are said to be looking to take up some of the old Rolling Thunder space near El Toro to build a custom new RMC coaster creation. It may actually even interact with El Toro and just might even reuse that small section of Rolling Thunder supports that they left up that passes through El Toro. One possible idea was to even give it name inspired by Rolling Thunder and possibly call it Twisted Thunder. Given the location involved, this could also explain the sudden removal rumor for El Diablo.

Everything is a long way out at this point however, and always subject to change, so stay tuned.

Screamscape.

9Bpd8E.gif

The only part of the Great Adventure rumor I can not envision is the use of the old Rolling Thunder track, although it will be a good time to finally remove that section. The area in question is difficult to develop with smaller rides as people already complain about the walk to Zumanjaro.

The park has made great strides in bringing the flat rides up to speed. The park is certainly more well rounded since the last time the park spent $8-$10 million on a coaster. Maybe they can even provide a path through the coasters to connect Plaza de Carnival to Golden Kingdom near the Kingda Ka entrance.

Edited by larrygator

Wait but are we sure they'll have enough power..?

But in all seriousness, I love the idea of an RMC and El Toro having an orgy under El Toro's airtime hill that's better than most orgasms, but since this has been talked about since (what year did Rolling Thunder get removed?), I'll file this under "believe it when I see it"

But in all seriousness, I love the idea of an RMC and El Toro having an orgy under El Toro's airtime hill that's better than most orgasms,

Thank God I don't go to enthusiast events.

I mean to be fair my non-enthusiast friend after riding El Toro for the first time said "I think I just came" when we hit the breaks on El Toro due to how good that coaster is. Now an RMC & El Toro orgy is quite beyond anything I can come up with involving an RMC being in close proximity to El Toro. I was thinking more like "man won't it be cool to have an RMC and El Toro in the same park?"

^ The only downside having the two right next to each area is that the Plaza Carnival area has yet to open for Holiday in the Park, so you'd miss out on both El Toro and this theoretical RMC.

And that is fine. As a whole, SFGAdv locals don't act as self entitled as many of our counterparts. Instead of bitching about it being 10+ years since El Toro, we are grateful to have El Toro. You don't hear nearly as many SFGAdv locals complain about being owed or deserving a big coaster.

^ True; however, having regular substantial additions including a Justice League, Cyborg, three new coasters, and the world's tallest drop tower probably helped

^ The only downside having the two right next to each area is that the Plaza Carnival area has yet to open for Holiday in the Park, so you'd miss out on both El Toro and this theoretical RMC.

And that is fine. As a whole, SFGAdv locals don't act as self entitled as many of our counterparts. Instead of bitching about it being 10+ years since El Toro, we are grateful to have El Toro. You don't hear nearly as many SFGAdv locals complain about being owed or deserving a big coaster.

Larry would you like me to add you to the Great Adv facebook groups? Would some screenshots (dozens? hundreds?) suffice? While (thankfully) I don't see it much here, the locals are spoiled whiney brats that sound like broken record players with that line about "no original coasters in 12 years".

1023919440_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs(1).png.0454757f2da4ed2ed6e29a10eda77964.png

Response to the new Screamscape BS

439637949_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs(2).png.6f03d30ed54403d7b3f662ef87d67669.png

828682913_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs(3).png.73d0bd6dd1ec274217b7b10932e86f95.png

572161797_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs(4).png.434517fd7975d8113630a51c31ef80f8.png

2040931877_Screenshot_2018-11-14GreatAdventureConnoisseurs.png.06c38b3b91f41eed3969af1324993f20.png

Edited by larrygator

Facebook comments are an absolute cesspool of complete garbage especially on official park pages. It really frustrates me as it exposes the "ass" of humanity for what it is. We already have people in KDs comments calling Kings Dominion "neglected" since there doesn't appear to be anything new for 2019. Apparently Twisted Timbers "doesn't count" people are so dumb.

I rode CraZanity for the first time last month, and that thing is so wild and better than many of the coasters at SFMM. Anyone who attends SFGAdv or SFFT next year should really consider themselves lucky! The regular models (like the one going to Georgia) are still insane, but you can really feel the extra height on the 172-foot version.