Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

P. 753 - Cyborg Ride Announced for 2019
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Postby Sluggo77 » Sun May 21, 2017 9:36 am

coasterbill wrote:They posted that yesterday too. Maybe you'll get lucky but I wouldn't plan my day around it.

Yea they took it down yesterday but then posted again this morning that it would open. From what I read corporate decided to not open it yesterday with the couple issues that happened on Friday. Today was a go though.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby PixelRush » Sun May 21, 2017 10:00 am

I had the idea to go this coming weekend, but as you all know Joker officially opens on Saturday. Would the crowds be better on that day or Sunday? If the lines were too long for it, I could just go elsewhere in the park with lesser lines (I'd have a newcomer to coasters and rides with me). Or would it be better to just wait for another weekend? I'm not too familiar with weekend crowds, since I mainly go midweek over the Summer to avoid large crowds.
I have the rumblies, the rumblies that only AIRTIME can satisfy. :airtimer:
Top Steel: Maverick [Cedar Point] Top Wood: El Toro [Six Flags Great Adventure] Coaster Count: 78
My username is Zergei on the NoLimits Central Forum
Proud member of the Cult of Skank Mountain, where the airtime is to die for.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Sluggo77 » Sun May 21, 2017 10:03 am

Depending on the weather I would think both days will be busy being Monday is a holiday. If you want to ride Joker just be there at opening and head straight to it to avoid the big lines that will probably be there for it all day.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun May 21, 2017 10:06 am

I'd guess Sunday may be slightly better but not by much with it being the long weekend.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Galaxyland & World Waterpark

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun May 21, 2017 3:38 pm

After having Great Adventure's Joker closed for me on all my trips to the park last year, I finally got to try one of these free fly coasters during SFNE's Joker preview today. The line was about 15ish minutes and they were dispatching trains really fast which is a great sign for a new ride.

How is the ride? Unlike X2 where the flipping is jerky, Joker is glass smooth. I probably got 3-4 flips per ride on the green side and 1-2 flips per ride on the purple side, which seems consistent with everyone else's reviews too. However, I was able to start getting more flips when the rider next to me and I started rocking the car like I do on my local carnival's Zipper. Even when the train didn't flip, the rocking was really disorienting without getting nauseating. The ride is short, but it's action packed from start to finish. I preferred boarding the train facing forwards since you could travel the upper section in reverse. Overall, Joker is my third favorite coaster in the park and a very welcome addition. After the Batman clones, this is probably my favorite clone out there because of the uniqueness and intensity. 9 out of 10

I should also note there's a single rider line too. However, the line isn't set up in the best way and is primed to be abused. An attendant would send a group from the regular line to either the green or purple side. Then the attendant would let all of the single riders join the queue with everyone else. This let the single riders stay together and circumvent the line. I'm hoping the park can figure out a way to keep the single rider line and prevent it from being abused since this coaster would really benefit from filling empty seats with the seating configuration.

I also got two rides on Superman that absolutely blew me away. I have been riding the coaster for 10 years and have never gotten rides that fast and intense. Usually the third and fourth hills have sustained ejector air and the other hills have pops of ejector air. Well today Superman decided to give major ejector air on every hill. Honestly it was running so fast that the curved S-hill leading into the spaghetti bowl section almost had some air which has never happened for me. If Superman keeps running like this all summer, I would take it over Wicked Cyclone (just barely though).
IMG_6683.JPG
Finally get to try one of these free fly coasters!
IMG_6681.JPG
I'm a big fan of wing seating.
IMG_6682.JPG
I really like the ride's paint job and how it looms over the midway.
IMG_6686.JPG
The ride was glass smooth and I probably got 3-4 flips per ride. Great addition to the park's lineup.
Last edited by Canobie Coaster on Tue May 23, 2017 10:06 pm.
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby Pear » Sun May 21, 2017 5:43 pm

I can't wait to try it out on media day Thursday!
The best coaster is Boulder Dash

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:36 pm

Thanks for the mini report. I really enjoyed Joker at Great Adventure last summer. I still prefer the Intamin ZacSpins (I know, I'm crazy), but it's good that Six Flags is cloning solid attractions that are pretty much welcome at any park, being most don't have a 4D coaster.
Steel: 161 / Wood: 32 / Total: 193
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun May 21, 2017 8:30 pm

I much prefer this over the Intamin Zac Spins purely because of comfort. The vests on Joker hold you comfortably in place during the flipping while Zac Spins destroy your thighs and nuts.

I should also note that I got the best rides tonight that I have ever gotten on Superman (have been riding it since 07). The train was absolutely hauling and every hill had strong ejector air. If it rides like that into the summer, Wicked Cyclone may be dethroned as my favorite ride there.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby sfriday1998 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:00 am

Riding Joker in 10 days for the first time. My first ever 4D credit...
Then it's Green Lantern and X2 another 10 days later
Current coaster count: 76
Top flats: Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey, New England Sky Screamer, Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission BREAKOUT
Top 10 coasters: Wicked Cyclone, Superman TR, Nitro, El Toro, Top Thrill Dragster, Tatsu, Millennium Force, X2, Revenge of the Mummy (USH), Boulder Dash
:airtime:
Stay in school

Postby coasterbill » Mon May 22, 2017 8:37 am

sfriday1998 wrote:Riding Joker in 10 days for the first time. My first ever 4D credit...
Then it's Green Lantern and X2 another 10 days later

Wow... well enjoy your ride on Joker because it's all downhill from there. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!