TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I went to Lake Compounce for a Boulder Dash fix but plan to stop by SFNE on the way home. If Joker is open, great. If not, I can ride Wicked Cyclone and Superman. A day with 3 of my favorite coasters is pretty good in my book.

They posted that yesterday too. Maybe you'll get lucky but I wouldn't plan my day around it.

Yea they took it down yesterday but then posted again this morning that it would open. From what I read corporate decided to not open it yesterday with the couple issues that happened on Friday. Today was a go though.

I had the idea to go this coming weekend, but as you all know Joker officially opens on Saturday. Would the crowds be better on that day or Sunday? If the lines were too long for it, I could just go elsewhere in the park with lesser lines (I'd have a newcomer to coasters and rides with me). Or would it be better to just wait for another weekend? I'm not too familiar with weekend crowds, since I mainly go midweek over the Summer to avoid large crowds.

Depending on the weather I would think both days will be busy being Monday is a holiday. If you want to ride Joker just be there at opening and head straight to it to avoid the big lines that will probably be there for it all day.

After having Great Adventure's Joker closed for me on all my trips to the park last year, I finally got to try one of these free fly coasters during SFNE's Joker preview today. The line was about 15ish minutes and they were dispatching trains really fast which is a great sign for a new ride.

How is the ride? Unlike X2 where the flipping is jerky, Joker is glass smooth. I probably got 3-4 flips per ride on the green side and 1-2 flips per ride on the purple side, which seems consistent with everyone else's reviews too. However, I was able to start getting more flips when the rider next to me and I started rocking the car like I do on my local carnival's Zipper. Even when the train didn't flip, the rocking was really disorienting without getting nauseating. The ride is short, but it's action packed from start to finish. I preferred boarding the train facing forwards since you could travel the upper section in reverse. Overall, Joker is my third favorite coaster in the park and a very welcome addition. After the Batman clones, this is probably my favorite clone out there because of the uniqueness and intensity. 9 out of 10

I should also note there's a single rider line too. However, the line isn't set up in the best way and is primed to be abused. An attendant would send a group from the regular line to either the green or purple side. Then the attendant would let all of the single riders join the queue with everyone else. This let the single riders stay together and circumvent the line. I'm hoping the park can figure out a way to keep the single rider line and prevent it from being abused since this coaster would really benefit from filling empty seats with the seating configuration.

I also got two rides on Superman that absolutely blew me away. I have been riding the coaster for 10 years and have never gotten rides that fast and intense. Usually the third and fourth hills have sustained ejector air and the other hills have pops of ejector air. Well today Superman decided to give major ejector air on every hill. Honestly it was running so fast that the curved S-hill leading into the spaghetti bowl section almost had some air which has never happened for me. If Superman keeps running like this all summer, I would take it over Wicked Cyclone (just barely though).

IMG_6681.thumb.JPG.695bd6d5b91a579b63e81a76634a62d6.JPG

I'm a big fan of wing seating.

IMG_6682.thumb.JPG.4eebd66a3fff4eac0403cb314954a61e.JPG

I really like the ride's paint job and how it looms over the midway.

IMG_6683.thumb.JPG.980d3b54b9fd251937a35e366c35883e.JPG

Finally get to try one of these free fly coasters!

IMG_6686.thumb.JPG.69376ded6811661bdc67bf5f9029de5a.JPG

The ride was glass smooth and I probably got 3-4 flips per ride. Great addition to the park's lineup.

Edited by Canobie Coaster

Thanks for the mini report. I really enjoyed Joker at Great Adventure last summer. I still prefer the Intamin ZacSpins (I know, I'm crazy), but it's good that Six Flags is cloning solid attractions that are pretty much welcome at any park, being most don't have a 4D coaster.

I much prefer this over the Intamin Zac Spins purely because of comfort. The vests on Joker hold you comfortably in place during the flipping while Zac Spins destroy your thighs and nuts.

I should also note that I got the best rides tonight that I have ever gotten on Superman (have been riding it since 07). The train was absolutely hauling and every hill had strong ejector air. If it rides like that into the summer, Wicked Cyclone may be dethroned as my favorite ride there.

I walked by Flashback around 7:40 when it was stuck and by 8 the train was already down. It seems like they fixed it quickly this time.

Riding Joker in 10 days for the first time. My first ever 4D credit...

Then it's Green Lantern and X2 another 10 days later

Wow... well enjoy your ride on Joker because it's all downhill from there.

There's a chance he loves X2. Or he could hate it. There's really no in between on that ride.

I heard from my cousins boyfriends sisters stepuncle that they fixed Flashback so quickly so they could start to tear it down. Hope yall got your last rides in.

I should also note that I got the best rides tonight that I have ever gotten on Superman (have been riding it since 07). The train was absolutely hauling and every hill had strong ejector air. If it rides like that into the summer, Wicked Cyclone may be dethroned as my favorite ride there.

Oh my God I thought I was the only one who thought this. I don't know what they did to it but It's been absolutely amazing so far this season and it's awesome.

I walked by Flashback around 7:40 when it was stuck and by 8 the train was already down. It seems like they fixed it quickly this time.

There's a chance he loves X2. Or he could hate it. There's really no in between on that ride.

Just keep a heads up for my Photo TRs. One after Joker, and one after CA

Just keep a heads up for my Photo TRs. One after Joker, and one after CA

I heard from my cousins boyfriends sisters stepuncle that they fixed Flashback so quickly so they could start to tear it down. Hope yall got your last rides in.

Where does your cousins boyfriends sisters stepuncle work?? I only ask because the Dip-N-Dots guy at the park told me the same thing.

I must be the exception to the rule, then, because I neither love the ride, nor hate it. It's just "ok" in my book. I mean, I'd probably rank it in the bottom of my Top 5 at SFMM based on the last time I went there (Pre TC and YOLO), and there were moments on it I enjoyed it. But then again, there were moments on it where I was like...

At least it's light years better than the dumpster fire that is Green Lantern!

Wow you are the exception. I love X2 for the intensity and the ride is "bouncy" on outside seats but never enters uncomfortable territory for me.

I always start of Green Lantern thinking it will be better but then it crushes my nuts on the first raven turn.