TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

Was at the park today for a few hours. Holy hell are Superman and Wicked Cyclone are running awesome. Superman felt almost butter smooth like it was as SROS. Almost no rattle in the back on the blue train today. And Wicked Cyclone just gets better and better every time I ride it. Ops on both coasters are also much faster than they've ever been. Kudos to SFNE they've made some awesome improvements to the park this year.

Was at the park today for a few hours. Holy hell are Superman and Wicked Cyclone are running awesome. Superman felt almost butter smooth like it was as SROS. Almost no rattle in the back on the blue train today. And Wicked Cyclone just gets better and better every time I ride it. Ops on both coasters are also much faster than they've ever been. Kudos to SFNE they've made some awesome improvements to the park this year.

Last Saturday they were sending trains off on Superman before the previous train returned to the brake run. That is something I can't remember seeing in the past.

Over/under for how long until the cars get dampened a la Great Adventure's version? Two weeks? Longer? Shorter?

Guess it depends on whether or not the cars get stuck on their Media Day, right? :/

Here's hoping everything goes smoothly, because... DANG, that's the sort of experience I was hoping for from the one in New Jersey. Flipperdoodles for days! \o/

I'm hoping to hit up SFNE on May 14th or the 21st. What kind of crowds should I expect, particularly for Superman and Wicked Cyclone? I've only been to SFNE once, and it was cold and early in the season, so those two weren't running at their full speed with full airtime.

It's tough to say, but you'll easily be able to ride everything without a Flash Pass on basically any operating day at SFNE. They get lines, but they're normally manageable. Wicked Cyclone's lines are usually between 15 and 30 minutes, Superman's lines rarely exceed a hour but could easily be much less.

I'll be mildly disappointed if Joker hasn't opened when I'm there, but that's not why I'm making the trip. I have my own Joker at Great Adventure that I got to ride the day that it was open last year.

And if it is open, great!

I can spin that as good news. That could keep people from going before the 27th so that they can ride the new coaster! Station waits for Superman and Wicked Cyclone FTW!

And if it's not supposed to be open, then I won't be disappointed when I get there and it's closed.