Hansa Park Discussion Thread

Page 73: 2nd Tallest Drop Tower in the World!!!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Re: Hansa Park Discussion Thread

Postby BDG » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:43 am

The screams coming out of the tower, wow. :lmao:

Source & more: https://www.youtube.com/user/foxolino/videos

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Mario M. » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 am

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:11 pm

I never thought about the tower being a sound tube! It should be amazing once themed and you hear the screams coming from the inside.

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:27 pm

That looks awesome I can't wait to ride it.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby coaster1000 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:43 pm

Hey everybody!

I haven't really posted here for a long time (but alwayssss lurking :) ) so sorry if I do anything wrong in this review!... Anyway, I was in the park today for the opening of "Kärnan", and WOW! It is a *very* intense coaster. The ride opened at noon today and had a steady 1 1/2-2 hour line till the park closed (with all other rides being under 20 minutes) — people were cheering and clapping after nearly each ride, and everyone seemed to absolutely love it. As of now, the queue area theming and on-ride theming is non-existent, but as you all probably know, it will be added next season.

A few main points about the ride, just in my opinion, though! (SPOILERS!):

The first thing I noticed is how great the trains are. The restraints are super comfortable and you have lots of leg room and freedom of movement.

The park had been great at keeping the lift hill backwards vertical drop a secret. I still wasn't completely sure what was going to happen when the ride stopped on the lift hill! It seems to stop about 2/3rds of the way up and drop maybe just 1/3rd of the entire length of the tower, but it is still a nice gimmick. The drop itself is very comfortable and the braking smooth. It is more or less completely dark in the tower (as of now).

First drop = INSANE. :devil: On my first ride, I was in the last row, and you get some very, very strong ejector air during the drop. It literally yanks you into the vertical dive and twist with sustained airtime, and the sense of speed is greatly enchanced due to the 'tunnel'. The first drop seems to me quite perfect and was my favorite part of the ride.

The next element (the butterfly dingy – anyone knows what it is called?) is extremely good as well and offers what I would call 'strong floater' to 'mild ejector' airtime. The combination of airtime and 'twistyness' is just great.

The rest of the ride is mostly about speed, but with three or four quite strong airtime moments thrown in the mix. It just seems to never let up and is full of surprises, although mostly in the first half. A great surprise was, for instance, the transition after the first overbanked turn which offfered a strong boost of ejector airtime. The second half of the ride I found less inspired, but still nice.

The indoor inline roll after the brake run was a nice surprise as well. Good hangtime.

The strongest negative point about the ride is its roughness. I had only two rides during the day (it was my first time in the park so I wanted to ride everything), once in the very back, outer left seat and once in the second-to-last row, inner left seat. Especially in the second half of the coaster there were a few problems. It seemed to be random, but strong jerking rather than a constant rattle, and it was especially noticeable in the outer seat. It was tolerable, but still borderline painful, and would make something like a marathon session quite a... marathon :roll:

The second thing is capacity: the ride is very, very long and the trains seat only 16. This obviously makes the line a bit slow, but the park isn't huge yet, so it's not a big problem.

Generally speaking, I think this coaster will land in my top 10. All in all, it is a very intense, very original ride. The roughness is the only negative factor and definitely a nuisance, but it is pretty much made up for by the extreme first drop and the airtime thoughout. Go ride it!

Below a few pictures I snapped one my iPhone.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Thanks for reading!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:07 pm

WOW! That looks awesome! Such a great feature on the coaster. Having it in (almost) pitch black dark must make it even that much more terrifying. Hopefully more future coasters will adopt this feature!! Thanks for sharing!!
Bigger is not always better.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:40 pm

I really like the way this coaster looks, definitely not cookie cutter
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Norway Smells Like Farts

Postby vekoma_fan » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:34 am

I must say this really looks promising!

And cant wait to see how the tower will look like next year, Hansa Park has been really good with theming, just look at Die Schlange von Midagard and Fluch von Novgorod, so I hope this will be just as great, if not better!

And the ride it self, looks incredible! And the lifthill drop, clever!

Cant wait to try this next time I visit the park! :b

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:05 am

I know I shouldn't check back! That video ruined everything! :cry:

Congratulations to Gerstlauer, they did a great job on Kaernan and it's exciting to know they have some crazy ideas that will hopefully come to more of their future installations.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby BonnyST » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:38 am

Check out these On Ride Pictures of this brand new Gerstlauer Hyper Coaster
called "Der Schwur des Kärnan" at Hansa Park Germany. I have a great and only "one" ride yesterday - it was awesome! Yeahhhhhhh!
Der Schwur des Kärnan 01a.jpg
first drop - woooooooooooooooooooooow
Der Schwur des Kärnan 04.jpg
Der Schwur des Kärnan 05.jpg
Der Schwur des Kärnan 08.jpg
Der Schwur des Kärnan 09.jpg
Der Schwur des Kärnan 10.jpg
Der Schwur des Kärnan 11.jpg
heartline roll at the end of the track

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!