Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 771 - Firebird Roller Coaster Announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby eddie200330 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:40 pm

So they're calling it Bourbon St. Fireball........does that necessarily mean it is an actual Fireball/Super Loop?? I just took that as the name and not the actual ride make.....
Life is a lemon and I want my money back????

He who farts in church sits in own pew.............

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Highridin » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Well,..now that we know, where do you think they will squeeze it? In between voodoo drop and zydeco, or, that area to the left of Cajun, or, do you think they will take down a ride in there to make room?
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:28 am

I say they should add it between voodoo and zydeco. I have always said since this park was Adventure World they should put something there. This was it gives them more reason to put a walk way back to Gotham City.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...
Home park: Six Flags America
Favorite park overall: All Walt Disney World Parks
Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Woodies: Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Roar, El Toro, Jack Rabbit, Thunderbolt, The Raven, The Legend
TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 am

^There's already a path connecting the two - they used to open it during Fright Fest, even. Would be nice to see it open for good (and spruced up a little bit) instead of leaving the new area as the dead-end that it is. Or, at the least, it'd be nice if they added another train crossing just to create a small loop all on the south side of Wild One.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby Highridin » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:22 pm

Hella good deal on the season passes this year. Must be all of that money they saved on the 2015 rides..lol
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:35 am

Coming in 2015! Bourbon Street Fireball, a seven story, chaotic looping roller coaster, will be unlike anything you have ever experienced. This sizzling steel monster towers over the Mardi Gras section of the park, delivering 360-degree thrills to those who are brave enough to ride!

You’ll rock back and forth in a uniquely designed train that will reverse direction mid-loop. Then, you’ll hang suspended upside down just long enough to catch your breath, this fireball will shoot you through a series of heart pounding full-circle revolutions. The unpredictable Bourbon Street Fireball looms high over Mardi Gras classics like Ragin Cajun and Wild One, serving up world class excitement at Six Flags America.

Link: https://www.sixflags.com/america/attractions/bourbon-street-fireball/overview

bourbonstreetfireballlogo.jpg
gallery_bourbonsstreetfireball2wash.jpg
gallery_bourbonstreetfireball1wash.jpg
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:33 am.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:06 am

Marketing these as coasters was already disappointing enough, but calling it SFA's 10th? That's a milestone that should've actually been reserved for something at least half-decent.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby coasterkid124 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 am

I like the name a lot. Out of all the parks that got a Super Loop, this one is the most fitting. I like what the park has done with the Mardi Gras area last year.
I'm actually not a kid; it's my nickname. I'm the youngest guy at my job. Only until after I created my account did I realize it made my sound like I'm 12. "Giddy up"- Cosmo Kramer Finally got an avatar!
Darien Lake coaster drought: 16 years and counting.....

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby RideofSteel » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:14 am

^I agree that the ride is most fitting at SFA. SFA reminded me a lot of Elitch Gardens, and the same ride seemed to fit in quite well there.

I really need to get back to SFA. Since I was last there they added two new coasters and a set of flyers. It's nice to see the park working to improve so much!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:23 pm

I hopefully expect six flags to correct their marketing of it as a coaster and rather a coaster-like experience. Similar to how they went from calling NTAG a wooden coaster to now correctly identifying Iron Horse converted rides as Hybrids.

I agree that I welcome this addition with open arms. It fulfills the inverting flat ride void that the park has needed filled for a while now. I think a 7 story looping ride will look great in the mardis gras side of the park (currently nothing over there on that side, including the coasters goes up side down). While they are a classically known as Carnival rides, I don't think I agree to jump to calling this larger and Permanent (i might add) model a carnival ride... in that case people should be making the same arguments against the flying scooters. As far as ride experience, I am going to hold my judgments until I ride, but I don't recall seeing any complaints from the Elitch Gardens thread (aside from the downtime issue early on in the season).

in fact from the Brain Drain thread...
IronWolfman wrote:So as nobody else has updated about Brain Drain, I'll just say something from today, my 5th trip to the park this season and 4th time on the ride. The ride is very fun, much better then the often-sketchy Fireball/Ring-O-Fire fairground rides. I looks very professional from the queue to the ride set up and the park did a very good job on this attraction. It also has a slightly better capacity compared to the fairground rides, which helps with lines. It has been popular with guests, with the ride never getting a line shorter then 30 minutes even on a weekday (But this may be due to the fact that the park has been doing very well recently, with most major coasters and rides still getting hour lines on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, even with the popular water park open). The hangtime and flipping is an awesome experience, and it has a good length ride cycle. I'd actually like to see more parks buy the park-model fireball ride as it is a popular addition and is a great ride. Sorry, no pictures for now but maybe if I bring a camera next time I can get a few shots. Thanks!

I'm surprised that they added a new ride there in this area when there they still have a lot of marketability of that section as is... and there are some other areas in the center of the park, coyote creek, or gotham that could use new hardware to fill some of the existing empty ride pads. But again, when it came to the best placement of this ride (given that its an inverting ride) it goes well in the Mardis Gras section...

I also like the name... Surprise they didn't call it the Bourbon Street Hangover! That would've been awesome (hopefully they will tie in the hangover pun along with this ride like they did in the announcement).

I took think that the only place in that section that has space is either the old diesel derby area which is technically part of looney tunes kiddie area or that grassy knoll between Voodoo drop and Zydeco Zinger.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!