TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

^EDIT: your post made me curious, so I decided to open up GIMP and test the correlation. The colors are not the same and I wasn't able to make the flames pattern fit with the ones of the teaser.

DDD.png.f046eeb651a69027a4773767a2e3d968.png

However you're right the two are similar, when I first saw it I was sure you were right!

Edited by booink

Why would it say feel the burn if the attraction was a water attraction? And I was t expecting a coaster for a couple more years here, but I will say that does look like coaster track! They must want that 10th coaster fast! I too was expecting a SkyScreamer or a tsunami soaker. Hmmm.

Six Flags with their teasers this year. 'Nuff said.

If this means anything, the president of SFA (Rick Howarth) told me that a lot is going to happen quick over the next 2-3 years at the park. He told me, "With MGM and a few other big economic boosters happening in the area, the park wants to be a part of it." That's a loose quote..lol... I talked to him on opening day while my daughter and I were headed to Wild One.

On a side note, my daughter just broke the 54" mark; I was proud...lol.. Her first over 54" ride?; apocalypse. Come on, really? Lol,..she rode all that day, except for JJ of course.

^If it ends up being one of those two, I will have lost all hope in this park's common sense.

Password, what are you looking forward too? According to their hash tag, I wonder if they are going to squeeze it in the Mardi Gras section. There's very little space left,...for any kind of coaster anyway. I'm looking more forward to going this weekend now. I'm going to do some snooping

^If it ends up being one of those two, I will have lost all hope in this park's common sense.

Password, what are you looking forward too? According to their hash tag, I wonder if they are going to squeeze it in the Mardi Gras section. There's very little space left,...for any kind of coaster anyway. I'm looking more forward to going this weekend now. I'm going to do some snooping

Ideally would like a Skycreamer. I'm not saying if it were to be one of those rides I would lose hope, but the teaser doesn't make any sense for those particular rides, which is what would make me lose hope in their common sense, among other things.

Those who are asking why Six Flags would build two coasters in two consecutive years, the spinning wild mouse was a hand-me-down. This would be the parks first totally new coaster in over 10 years. What it could be? I'm not sure i'm stumped seeing Six Flag's recent relations with Gerlauster.

To me it looks like we could get a Brain Drain style Super loop.

Screamscape rumors that SFGAd and maybe some other SF parks would get that. That would be a little weird to see, considering that those are giant versions of Ring of Fire, a ride I typically associate with little carnivals.

Screamscape rumors that SFGAd and maybe some other SF parks would get that. That would be a little weird to see, considering that those are giant versions of Ring of Fire, a ride I typically associate with little carnivals.

Only Six Flags would take a carnival ride and market it as the best thing since sliced bread.

Well the teaser did have flames and the top of a loop.

A simple cached search of the promo site reveals the headlines:

Six Flags America to Open 10th New Roller Coaster in 2015

Maryland’s Largest Theme Park Announces Bourbon St. Fireball - a Seven Story Loop Roller Coaster

UPPER MARLBORO, Md. — August 28, 2014 — Six Flags America, announced today the addition of its 10th roller coaster, Bourbon St. Fireball – Chaos Coaster. Standing at a stunning seven stories tall the new Bourbon St. Fireball will reside in the Mardi Gras section of the park.

1782317709_ScreenShot2014-08-25at2_17_33AM.png.5f039c066d0f78ef3bd8e41b578db165.png