TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

I hope Paula (and our other non-Disney crazy people) understand some of the jokes being said in this thread.

Long story short:

- We love the bands

- We love RFID

- Some people are insane and wear Aluminum Foil Hats

- Some people are insane and complain they will get a tan line due to the band

I hope Paula (and our other non-Disney crazy people) understand some of the jokes being said in this thread.

Well no, we don't.

We take every bit of feedback very, very seriously.

You're all banned forever!

(But first explain to me the fluffy, fluffy bunny thing ... you people are just weird.)

^It's a word filter for L-ocker as there was a bunch of unnecessary (as well as irritating) complaining about another Park operator requiring guests to use them to store bags and personal belongings in for most of their major coasters.

Any newer tech for these is greatly appreciated whether it's RFID or a your own passkey. Keys can only go so far and they can be easy to lose. Still not a fan of the receipt barcode "keys" either as it's a piece of paper, why I started taking a picture of these on my phone so that I have a digital copy that still works if the off chance the receipt is lost.

I'm one of those people that would love to have a MyMagic+ system at all parks. Being able to have your season pass, fast pass, locker key, credit/debt card, and hotel key in 1 RFID card, bracelet, or your phone is perfect. Means that I can leave the wallet locked in the car or wherever. And if it gets lost, stolen or damaged, just have to have get a new one and everything is put back on it.

I still don't understand those that complain about a system that is meant to make your trip more about the experience. Really glad Holiday World is going in this direction and looking forward to what else is in store for the future!

(4/10/13) A Screamscape reader passed by Holiday World the other day and spotted the new Timberliner trains testing on Voyage. Cross your fingers that we’ll see them in action this season.

Hoping they are saving them for a big holliwood nights surprise. Would really make for an epic weekend.

Not to burst your bubble, or bad mouth the park in any way. In fact it's a testament to the fine quality control that Holiday World has. But, they have been testing different versions of the Timberliners for 3 years now, I think. Lets hope that 3 is the magic number this time.

^Exactly. Are we even sure trains that had to be tested for so long will be an improvement?

I definitely credit Holiday World for taking so much time to ensure things are proper, but part of me worries about the fact it is taking so long to get things right...

^My friend and I were just discussing this the other day. How awful it would be, after all this time and energy, if they weren't an improvement at all. I hope for the park's sake they turn out great because they deserve an award for staying positive and committed to making them work.

I can't see them taking this long and using up all this time for something that doesn't improve the ride experience at least a little.

While logically that would make sense, sometimes efforts like this don't always make the ride experience better (or at least significantly better). Gwazi was almost entirely retracked and received brand new Millennium Flyers, and yet the ride experience was still pretty much the same (some would even say worse) as it was before.

I haven't been to Holiday World yet so all I have to go on is what I've been told of The Voyage, but I do hope that the Timberliners work out for the ride and make the experience better.

As promised, our Timberliner update: Although we have made progress testing the new Timberliner trains designed for Voyage, they were not delivered to us in time to complete testing. We intend to resume Timberliner testing following our daily season. We thank everyone for your patience, and promise to post updates when testing resumes in late August. Meanwhile, we plan to run PTC trains on Voyage during our daily season this year.

Thanks, Paula

^Thanks for the update, Paula. I admit I am a little disappointed, but at least we still have this amazing roller coaster to ride no matter what trains you are using. This won't stop me from coming to Holiday World this year. In fact, I'm coming to Holiwood Nights this year for the first time, and I am stoked!