TR 1: Busch Gardens Tampa 2016 (below)TR 2: I Drive Shenanigans, Fun Spot and a Terrible Tourist TrapTR 3: Magic Kingdom (Disney Fanboys, Please Avoid)TR 4: SHAMU!!!!!!!!TR 5: The Desolate Sh*thole known as "La Ronde"TR 6: LA Ronde Part 2... Where The Hell Did the Staff Go?!?!?!?!TR 7: We finally escaped La Ronde!TR 8: Poutine, Beer, Bobsleds, Arrows, Jesus and Comets!TR 9: Jersey-Shore-Credit-Whore-Tour-2016-Ft.-Boldikus,-Alcohol-and-The-World's-Greatest-Log-Flume-Watch-The-F**King-Tram-Car-Please-You-Drunk-A**hole Trip Report ® Part 1 (Featuring Six Flags Great Adventure)TR 10: Jersey-Shore-Credit-Whore-Tour-2016-Ft.-Boldikus,-Alcohol-and-The-World's-Greatest-Log-Flume-Watch-The-F**King-Tram-Car-Please-You-Drunk-A**hole Trip Report ® Part 2 (ZOOMIN AND FLOOMIN)TR 11: Jersey-Shore-Credit-Whore-Tour-2016-Ft.-Boldikus,-Alcohol-and-The-World's-Greatest-Log-Flume-Watch-The-F**King-Tram-Car-Please-You-Drunk-A**hole Trip Report ® Part 3 (Featuring Great White!)TR 12: Wildwood and Seaside (Part 4) - If she doesn't get the Jersey Shore references in this report, SHE'S TOO YOUNG FOR YOU BRO
2016 Reports I was too lazy to write:Kings Dominion / Busch Gardens and the Center of the Universe from last October
- By BoldikusHersheypark with Boldikus and the gang from last October
- By BoldikusHoliday in the Park with Boldikus from last December
- By Boldikus2017TR 13: Dollywood Opening Day (different thread)TR 14: Mystical Midwest Road Trip 2017 Part 1: Kings IslandTR 15: Mystical Midwest Road Trip 2017 Part 2: Kentucky's Dick Rock Kingdom!TR 16: Mystical Midwest Road Trip 2017 Part 3: Holiday World and Some Bill Paxton Level Sh*tTR 17: Mystical Midwest Road Trip 2017 Part 4: Coney Island! (No, the clean one)TR 18: Mystical Midwest Road Trip 2017 Part 5: Cedar Point Day 1TR 19: Mystical Midwest Road Trip 2017 Part 6: Cedar Point Day 2TR 20: Coasterbill's Klassy Florida Adventure 2017 - Universal Orlando Part 1 and the World's sh*ttiest airline!TR 21: Coasterbill's Klassy Florida Adventure 2017 - Universal Orlando Part 2!TR 22: Coasterbill's Klassy Florida Adventure 2017 - Sea World and Fun SpotTR 23: Coasterbill's Klassy Florida Adventure 2017 - Busch Gardens Tampa!TR 24: Six Flags Great Adventure and the Hotel Directly Responsible for SnookiTR 25: Boozin' in Wildwood 2017TR 26: Hydrus, Crazy Mice, An Awful Pinfari and Margaritaville!TR 27: Adventureland (No... not that one... or that one... keep going... yeah, that's the one)TR 28: A Michigan Adventure to Michigan's AdventureTR 29: Six Flags Great America Part One!TR 30: Six Flags Great America Part Two!TR 31: Chicago and Some Nasy A** Pizza Soup!TR 32: Cedar Point and Some F*cking Alpacas (no literally)TR 33: Whales, Dolphins, Sea Lions and over 400 Horses!TR 34: Busch Gardens Tampa and Howl O Scream!TR 35: Four parks in one day! (And our first ride on Mine Blower!)TR 36: Phuckin Phoenix Phall Phunfest 2017 Day OneTR 37: Phuckin Phoenix Phall Phunfest 2017 Day TwoTR 38: Invad(R?)ing Howl-O-Scream at Busch Gardens Williamsburg!TR 41: Kings Dominion and a Shenandoah Soaking!TR 42: Dorney Park's Haunt: Just in time for f*cking Christmas! lolTR 43: Bill and Brit fly another sh*tty a** plane to Vegas (Route 66, Grand Canyon)TR 44: Bill and Brit fly another sh*tty a** plane to Vegas (Glen Canyon, Hoover Dam)TR 45: Las Vegas Part 1: Is this REALLY the worst coaster in America?TR 47: A Chaotic Adventuredome Adventure!TR 39: which is totally out of order: Holiday in the Park Opening Weekend 2017 at Six Flags Great Adventure! (different thread)
.TR 40: which is totally out of order: Holiday in the Park 2017 at Six Flags America! (different thread)TR 46: A frigid closing day of Holiday in the Park at Six Flags Great Adventure (different thread)TR 47: Viva Loss Vegas (Get it? Because we lost).TR 48: Holiday in the Park at Six Flags New England
2017 Reports I was too lazy to write:Great Adventure Opening Day 2017
- By BoldikusSix Flags New England and Lake Compounce
- By BoldikusWildwood Weekend
- By ytterbiumanalyst. His report is probably better than mine since he was sober and remembers sh*t. lolSix Flags Great Adventure (Fright Fest)
- By BoldikusSix Flags Great Adventure (Holiday in the Park)
- By Boldikus2018TR 49: Fun Spot and Epcot (hey, that rhymes!)TR 50: Magical Animal Kingdoms!TR 51: Animal Kingdom Day TwoTR 52: Magic Kingdom and Flight of PassageTR 53: SeaWorld Orlando Wild Arctic Tour!TR 54: Busch Gardens Tampa!TR 55: Northern California Part 1: California's Great AmericaTR 56: Northern California Part 2: Crackhead SeaWorld!TR 57: Northern California Part 3: Trees, Sea Lions and Coasters. Snapple Fact: One of these three things is a lie...TR 58: Our first ever ride on Steel Vengeance!TR 59: We're sh*tty enthusiasts and I don't careTR 60: One more Steel Vengeance Ride, then we got lost on the way homeTR 61: Mini-Minneapolis Trip Part 1 (Valleyfair)TR 62: Mini-Minneapolis Trip Part 2 (Riding the best ride in Minnesota!)TR 63: Como Como Como Como Como chameleon (well... okay, there's no chameleon but there's a polar bear).TR 64 (which is totally out of order): A Holiday in the Park miracle at SFNE: Mind Eraser is actually good! (Different Thread)TR 65 (which is totally out of order): A Sooper Time at Hershey's Christmas Candylane!TR 66: Minnesota Zoo and pictures of titisTR 67:Six Flags over Texas Part 1TR 68: Six Flags over Texas Part 2 and Globe Life ParkTR 69: Kemah Boardwalk, Galveston Pleasure Pier and the Sh*ttiest Bar in AmericaTR 70: Busch Gardens San Antonio Part 1TR 71: Busch Gardens San Antonio Part 2
2018 Reports I was too lazy to writeKings Dominion Opening Day (with Twisted Timbers) - By BoldikusBusch Gardens Williamsburg - By BoldikusCraft Beer and Food Trucks at Six Flags Great Adventure - By Boldikus2019TR 72: Six Flags Great Adventure Fright Fest 2019 (Different Thread)TR 73: Copperhead Strike! (Different Thread)TR 74: Universal (Different Thread)2020TR 75: Is this the end times? The American Dream Mall is Open! (Different Thread)
================================================================TR 1: Busch Gardens Tampa 2016
Hey everyone! Last weekend we were down in Florida for our cousin's wedding and because I have nothing better to do today I figured I'd do something I almost never do and grace everyone with my piss poor attempt at a photo trip report. I might be a little light on photos as I never intended to make this trip report but it's a slow day at the office so why not?
The wedding was on Saturday in Tampa so we decided to take Friday and Monday off from work and stay in Orlando (jumping around to different hotels seems like way more trouble than it's worth). Normal people would have spent their three theme park days at Universal and Disney but given my unhealthy love affair with a certain roaring B&M with a zero g roll from hell in Tampa and my girlfriend's love affair with a certain fun-loving group of orca whales in Orlando we did things a little differently. We also just enjoy supporting SeaWorld because it annoys our idiot Blackfish-watching friends.
Day one was spent at Busch Gardens Tampa, a park we usually visit at least once a year and absolutely love. At the airport on Thursday night we had heard that SheiKra had suffered a "terrifying" breakdown where it stopped on top of the lift and based on the way it was being reported killed approximately 3,000 people so naturally we were bombarded with warnings from our concerned loved ones trying to save us from almost certain death by visiting Busch Gardens, all of which we ignored because we're awesome and brave like that.
Line's were pretty short all day but we opted for Quick Queue unlimited due to the hot weather so we could ride Stanley Falls whenever we damn well pleased and so we could skip the line on Cheetah Hunt (both rides had about a 30 minute+ wait all day). The park opened at 10:00 but all that really meant was that Cheetah Hunt was open and we were welcome to line up for all the other closed rides that weren't going to open for at least 30 minutes. Once things started to open up we sort of bounced around so rather than trying to go in chronological order I'll just give my thoughts on the major rides and then go through a few other noteworthy things.Scorpion:
This was our first ride of the day. We rode it in the back row and then got to re-ride in the front since nobody was in the station yet. Is there anything not to love about Scorpion? It's smooth, the loop is amazing and it's a fun-filled ride that seems to appeal to everyone. Praise be to Anton. (3x)Sheikra and Falcon's Fury:
Neither of these rides moved once the entire day. Maintenance was actively working on Sheikra but Falcon's Fury was a ghost town. While I love both rides, it's no big loss. I always assume Falcon's Fury will be closed so when it's actually open it's a pleasant surprise and given the events of the previous day I expected that we might miss out on Sheikra.Kumba
This ride honestly just pisses me off. With Fury being the lone exception, how is it that while other companies keep getting better and better with time B&M has taken a huge step backwards. Kumba is complete perfection. Every element on this ride is taken at such a ludicrous speed that it puts all other B&M's to shame. This ride probably features my favorite dive loop on any coaster, the best cobra roll on any coaster, some of the best corkscrews on any coaster and a zero-g-roll that's so good it should be illegal in all 50 states. Riding this thing in the back row on the far side of the train is complete bliss. I don't smoke but I usually feel like I need a cigarette after riding it. (5x)Cheetah Hunt
After our first few rides on Kumba we rode the flume and then von rolled our way to the front of the park to ride Cheetah Hunt. God I love this thing... it's not quite up to the level of Montu and Kumba but it's a tremendous coaster. The low to the ground portion of the ride over the water never gets old and it features a few really nice pops of airtime. (3x)Stanley Falls
This ride had a pretty healthy line all day and was the main reason we bought Quick Queue. It's just what the doctor ordered on a hot day. A nice splash without soaking you, some nice sections where it meanders around, a few fun drops and a few fast turns also. Thumbs up from me! (4x)Congo Rapids
By this point you've all heard about my love affair with log flumes and my disdain for every other water ride in existence not named Journey to Atlantis or Escape from Pompeii but since it was pushing 100 degrees and we could skip the hour long line we thought it would be a good idea to try out Congo rapids. We thought wrong. As usual everything below the waist including socks and shoes (which must be worn) got soaked and the other half of you (the part you want to get wet which is why log flumes are great) stayed dry. Thanks for that Congo Rapids. That was my semi-annual ride on a water ride that's not a log flume to remind myself why I stick to log flumes. Thanks to quick queue we did skip a 60 minute line though. (1x)Montu
I wonder if people who live near this park fully appreciate how rare it is to have a B&M duo like this (well, really trio because Sheikra is very good in it's own right). Normally we ride inverts in the front but this is absolutely a back seat ride. The raw power of this ride is flat out ridiculous. It pulls insane G forces throughout the entire ride all while being perfectly smooth. Snapping into that pretzel in the back row might be the most forceful element on any coaster I've ever ridden. How did we go from this to Banshee? I swear as you're snapping through that element if you listen closely you can almost hear the ride yelling "Hey Banshee, f**k out of here with that s**t". (3x)
In addition to those rides we also spent a lot of time looking at the animal exhibits and took a ride on the train and multiple rides on the Sky Ride (I know you're all shocked... if "Von Rolling" was an olympic sport I'd win a gold medal. Sky Rides are life, sky rides are love).
A few other things of note;
- I love Cheetah Run. Cheetahs are seriously some of the most beautiful animals on earth and seeing them run is flat out stunning. If you go to Busch Gardens Tampa and don't stop to watch the Cheetah presentation then you're doing something wrong.
- On the subject of shows... Iceploration... kill it with fire. What a waste of time. And who the hell thought it would be a good idea to sit in an air conditioned theater watching a terrible show after suffering through Congo Rapids? Oh... right. My bad. By the way we skipped "Opening Night Critters" because we saw it last time but that's a great show and I highly recommend it. I don't recommend Iceploration though. What a pile of crap.
- Guest service is top notch at this place. Every employee we came in contact with was outstanding. They give Disney a run for their money, especially the animal staff.
As always we had a great day at BGT. They easily have one of the best coaster collections in the country and when paired with rides like Falcon's Fury, the water rides, the great flume, the awesome animal exhibits and the great food this place is really a gem.
And now a few pictures...