The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1538: Knott's 100th Anniversary & Bear-y Tales announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:08 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Also, for what it's worth, I would disagree and say Xcelerator has the worst line in the park. Both lines move slowly, but GhostRider's actually seems to be getting a bit better.

I'm apt to agree. I've been to the park a few times this summer (the time of year where I usually avoid the parks) and today was my last visit for a little while (probably until Halloween). Ghost Rider operations are as good as they can be right now. They're using a grouper, which means you sit where you're placed, but with two trains and a full station of staff, they're hammering through the line at a respectable pace. The single rider line, albeit inconsistent depending on the grouper, is fantastic overall. I got three back-to-back rides in today with ease. The ride's just hitting the "rough around the edges" point right now, but it's still running brilliantly. It's basically peak Ghost Rider. Xcelerator, on the other hand, is struggling a bit. On slower days, it's often a station wait. Now, though, not so much. Today, it was about 30 minutes — which isn't bad considering that they're running one train with a few busted seats. The other train is in pieces next to the track, so hopefully, they'll swap them out soon. Hang Time was about 20 minutes, and several of the others were walk-ons.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:32 pm

From the park’s Instagram...
IMG_5148.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Seat, don't fail me now!

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby firebird81 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:57 am

Should be a great event. Knott's keeps upping the event game every year. I know a lot of people are disappointed that the expansion isn't happening in 2020, but I feel like that was a longshot, anyway. It WOULD be cool to see a new dark ride, like a rebirth of Bear-y Tales or a Peanuts themed dark ride come, tho.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby VegasBaby » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:19 am

Now that all the Cedar Fair announcements are done, it looks like the 100th anniversary celebration is the only thing Knott's is getting next year. I guess CF spent all their money on the KI Giga, as their other parks are only getting water park additions or celebrations like this one. Hopefully this means Knott's will be getting something big in 2021 since the park is basically getting nothing next year.
Coaster Count: 220 Last Coaster: GhostRider
Top Ten: 1) Superman The Ride 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Shambhala 9) Lightning Rod 10) Mako

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby TatsuXtreme » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:44 am

So for the parks 100th anniversary we get... A 100th anniversary festival? Wow, that makes renewing my pass to deal with crazy crowds totally worth it!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:45 am

VegasBaby wrote:Now that all the Cedar Fair announcements are done, it looks like the 100th anniversary celebration is the only thing Knott's is getting next year. I guess CF spent all their money on the KI Giga, as their other parks are only getting water park additions or celebrations like this one. Hopefully this means Knott's will be getting something big in 2021 since the park is basically getting nothing next year.

All that to say; Cedar Fair did not make any statement saying "That's all Folks!". Knott's traditionally makes a Noveber-ish announcement for new rides and such. So, there might be more to come.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:14 am

TatsuXtreme wrote:So for the parks 100th anniversary we get... A 100th anniversary festival? Wow, that makes renewing my pass to deal with crazy crowds totally worth it!

As Chris mentioned, Knott's have never done their announcements in line with other Cedar Fair parks. Haunt has always rightfully been the main focus of all their marketing from August-November.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby joelwee » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:29 am

Jew wrote:
TatsuXtreme wrote:So for the parks 100th anniversary we get... A 100th anniversary festival? Wow, that makes renewing my pass to deal with crazy crowds totally worth it!

As Chris mentioned, Knott's have never done their announcements in line with other Cedar Fair parks. Haunt has always rightfully been the main focus of all their marketing from August-November.

Hangtime was announced simultaneously with the other 2018 additions, IIRC.

Seat, don't fail me now!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:50 pm

joelwee wrote:
Jew wrote:

Hangtime was announced simultaneously with the other 2018 additions, IIRC.

You are correct.

However, that has not been their historical norm.

Every other recent announcement that I can remember and google can confirm was November.

Rapids was November. Sol Spin was November. Voyage to the Iron Reef was November. Boardwalk overlay November. Mine Train refurb...you guessed it, November! Log Ride refurb was another outlier, but that came in January.

Given how Knott's has carved out a niche for themselves in the so cal market with their seasonal events, it's not surprising the first part of the celebration they'd announce is that it is happening and will include food, entertainment, and merchandise (side note: count me in if they sell prints of that awesome piece of artwork they use as the promo image!)

However, the OC Register notes "Additional details and “special surprises” related to the Knott’s Family Reunion will be announced in the coming months, theme park officials said."

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby Kylis » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:30 pm

What promo image are you talking about?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!