Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: FeelTheFORCE and 25 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby 2012jarrett » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:48 pm

I just noticed something; Firechaser Express is Dollywood's 7th coaster, and the station has a sign on it that reads "Fire Station No. 7," could they have picked this number for that reason?

In regards to the rain, I think that Wild Eagle is best ridden immediately after the rain. When we went last year it was pouring when we rolled into Pigeon Forge but it stopped and we not only walked on Wild Eagle but seeing the mist evaporate off of the Smokies on the ride was great, still my favorite ride on that coaster to date.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/18ec287bb60672cae6c938cd59dddba3.jpg[/img][/url]

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Does anyone know how to find discounts on Dollywood tickets during the Christmas event? I would love to go this year, but Google wasn't much help...

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coasterfreaky » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:54 am

^ Dollywood has a discounts page on their website. You may want to give them a call about it as well.

http://www.dollywood.com/Online-Discount.aspx

You can also buy a 2014 pass now, and use it this year.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:59 pm

coasterfreaky wrote:You can also buy a 2014 pass now, and use it this year.

Since it's less than 4 hours away that's what we usually do. When we go for Smoky Mountain Christmas, we buy season passes and go a few times the following year since they include the remainder of this season. That's usually your best value for Dollywood if it's not too far for you to make a return trip or two.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Christmas at Dollywood

Postby brenthodge » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:55 pm

My admiration for this park grows and grows every time I visit. We just returned from our Christmas visit and I was SO impressed. Just the fact that all the buildings were outlined in perfect straight rows of lights in different colors was impressive. The attention to detail with that (no bulbs where they shouldn't be, no excessive visible cords, adding fresh cut trees throughout the park - all lit different solid colors - just WOW. I'm used to our zoo which just tosses a bunch of lights on the bushes and kings island which does...well NOTHING for the season. This park proves to me over and over that you can have a quality product that appeals to all members of the family - young and old - without breaking the bank. The shows (regular and christmas) are amazing for a theme park "included" entertainment. Especially when our "main stage" offering this year at Kings Island was Ed Alonzo doing a few magic tricks with a handful of "dancers" to taped track music. We live 5 hrs away from this park and 20 min from Kings Island. Guess which park we DIDN't get passes to this next year. It is worth the 5 hr drive to this great gem in Tennessee.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:01 pm

^ I don't know if I'm going crazy but I recall being at SDC earlier in the year (July? August?) and a staff member pointed to a building that they had already started putting Christmas chaser lights on, they put a lot of time and effort into making sure everything is right in this chain!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:13 pm

^No, you are not crazy. That is exactly what they said and were doing.

Postby Vonni » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:06 pm

So, I wonder when Dollywood will get their RMC? Lol its pretty much inevitable! Maybe that will be when they expand up to the train loop? OMG it would look amazing with a beautiful RMC Woodie up there!

Postby ernierocker » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 pm

^I certainly wouldn't complain!

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby Jhcbiinoc » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:55 pm

^Neither would I!

I honestly think that when they do get their own version of Outlaw Run that they will end up putting it over by the County Fair section, though. They need a big ride over in that area.

I had planned to go to Dollywood this weekend, but just too hectic with Christmas this weekend and coming week. Going up there on closing weekend (Jan 3-5) to get my 2014 Pass Processed and weather permitting, getting a few last rides in until March!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!