Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 1678: Wildwood Grove announcement
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Dollywood Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:57 pm

Drop Line's limit sticks out like a sore thumb and I love it. Six Flags New England could use one of those. :lol:
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Knoebels & Dutch Wonderland

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm thinking that's a typo but it would be hilarious if it isn't.

Postby coasterbill » Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:24 pm

I used to think that but it’s been there for almost a year now. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:06 pm

Out of curiosity, I tried to find the most frigid day without rain or snow since Drop Line opened and I found December 31, 2017. The high was 30 degrees and the low was 17 degrees. The only two rides that opened were Blazing Fury and Drop Line (that Barnstormer thing has to be an error). However, Drop Line did close due to weather during the last hour of park operation.

Even if it isn't quite 5 degrees, they'll run that ride longer than any other outdoor ride.

December 31, 2017
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:31 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:Out of curiosity, I tried to find the most frigid day without rain or snow since Drop Line opened and I found December 31, 2017. The high was 30 degrees and the low was 17 degrees. The only two rides that opened were Blazing Fury and Drop Line (that Barnstormer thing has to be an error). However, Drop Line did close due to weather during the last hour of park operation.

Even if it isn't quite 5 degrees, they'll run that ride longer than any other outdoor ride.

December 31, 2017

I was there that day. Also - January 4th 2018 I believe was colder yet and it ran then too. Not sure it got out of the 20s.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby MidwestThemeParks » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:40 am

I find it interesting they list Barnstormer at 32°, but the Silver Dollar City app says it needs to be 38°for the Barn Swing.
Total Coasters: 52
Total Rides: 116

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:14 am

The new no front for Lightning Rod.
FECFD676-2B52-4684-A969-415AF54132C3.jpeg

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby coastered » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:00 am

pianojohn wrote:The new no front for Lightning Rod.

That is looking terrible. Hopefully this is only a temporary solution and will the park put that hotrod front back on the train after the possible problems are solved.
Top 10 favorite coasters: 1.Wildfire (Kolmarden), 2.Helix (Liseberg), 3.Shambhala (PortAventura), 4.Red Force (Ferrari Land), 5.Nemesis (Alton Towers), 6. EGF (Holiday Park), 7.Montu (BGT), 8.Tatsu (SFMM), 9.Manta (SWO), 10.Balder (Liseberg)

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby Jccoasterfan » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:35 am

^ While at the park a week ago, I was told by a ride attendant that the fronts were taken off for refurbishment, which included repainting and such, though I’m not sure if this is true or not. Both fronts were laying on the ground underneath the transfer track.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:51 am

^ The one thing that makes me think it could be something more is the fact that they've already changed the fronts once.

While it looks ugly in its current configuration, it's running and having the wide open front should make the front row experience even better.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!