Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby downunder » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:34 am

I'm glad Knoebels persevered with this project, now if only Scenic World would get Orphan Rocker going, but judging from previous posts, unlikely.

A fantastic park got even better.

I saw, went and conquered Steel Dragon 2000. It's still crap!

Postby wrebbit » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:10 am

Garet wrote:
simon8899 wrote:After - finally - reviving this classic who is for it that Knoebels builds a wooden Shoot-The-Chute next? ;)

I still hold out hope for a virginia reel to be re-made one day or that wooden reverser roller-coaster from RCT which i'm told was actually a real ride long ago.

It was a real ride, let's hope that this one gets revived too!

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:50 am

Jew wrote:I wonder how long it will take it to valley? Only a matter of time with the huge emphasis on the weight limit...

Can it even valley though? It's all downhill except for the little bump before the second lift.

It sounds like Knoebels just opened a super-unique, kick-butt family coaster. I think that that's awesome - especially considering the inline seating. Parents can ride with their children.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:14 am

Jim S. wrote:(Reportedly, they announced that they had no intentions of running it in the rain.)

The weather was nice all day yesterday but at 10:00 the sky opened up and it rained really hard. They were running the ride with riders for at least 30-45 minutes in a hard rain to run out the line.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:23 am

Garet wrote:
simon8899 wrote:After - finally - reviving this classic who is for it that Knoebels builds a wooden Shoot-The-Chute next? ;)

I still hold out hope for a virginia reel to be re-made one day or that wooden reverser roller-coaster from RCT which i'm told was actually a real ride long ago.

As I recall, Busch Gardens Williamsburg annouced plans for a "Virginia Reel" like ride, and concept art was even published in the local paper. But that was many years ago, and nothing ever came of it. Anybody else recall this, or is my old memory playing tricks on me? ;) I think it was planned for Oktoberfest.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:26 am

That's cool that they decided to try FT in the rain. I was getting my last Phoenix ride in the rain, right at 10:00. Oddly enough, they didn't make everyone (who were obviously in the first and last seat queues only) fill out the trains, so the last few trains went out with only a few riders. On the other hand, I don't think they gave double rides like they usually do.

When I was in the FT queue from about 5:15 to 6:30, Dick was hanging out watching everything constantly, either at the bottom of the second lift or in the electronics shack. One of the maintenance guys was there with him, and there was also another person, I think in a rides uniform instead of maintenance, sitting in the shack watching the monitors.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby milst1 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:39 am

Looks like we're headed back to Knoebel's for another visit this month!
Shameless Plug!
One Photo For Every Park We Hit in 2018!
2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009
Last Park: Six Flags New England
Next Park: Somewhere in China
Final 2018 Park Count: 101
Running 2019 Park Count: 39

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:07 am

coasterbill wrote:
Jim S. wrote:(Reportedly, they announced that they had no intentions of running it in the rain.)

The weather was nice all day yesterday but at 10:00 the sky opened up and it rained really hard. They were running the ride with riders for at least 30-45 minutes in a hard rain to run out the line.

Did they still do the bon fire at PPP? I haven't been since 2003 so I have no idea if that's a tradition that has held up over the years.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:10 am

This looks like a lotta fun. I can vaguely remember riding the Flying Turns as a very young child at Euclid Beach. So looking forward to riding this one, alas, not until next summer though. Just curious, what does the ride sound like? I love the sound that woodies have. There's been a lot of pictures these past few days, but no comments on the sounds this beauty makes. The only thing I can imagine is something akin to a bowling alley as the balls go down the alley. (minus the striking pins of course). Any comments as to how it sounds ?

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Jim S. » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:36 am

It's surprisingly quiet.

And yes, there is still a bonfire at the end of PPP.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:43 am.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!