Knoebels Discussion Thread

Pg 415: 2019 flat ride announced Tumbling Timbers
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Bonafide Donkey Expert

Re: Knoebels Discussion Thread

Postby Brassinthegrass » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:24 pm

JCoaster,

I made the trip last June between the two... it is absolutely lovely driving that trip.. very pretty and winding roads through the mountains... lower the windows and blast some good music, your love it!

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby SigilX » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:26 am

So in reading a news site online, Knoebels is trying to open Impulse this weekend which depends on how fast they finish the station.

It looks like a fourth train has been added to Flying Turns, 2001 Nacht (flying carpet) will be open, Power Surge will be open later in the summer, and the Giant Wheel will be open but its new LED lighting will be finished later on.

Also there will be terminals for buying tickets using debit or credit cards.

Source: www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2015/04/knoebels_pushing_to_have_new_r.html
Parks I've been to: Knoebels, Dorney Park, King's Dominion, Hersheypark, Darien Lake, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Walt Disney World, Universal Studios Orlando, Dutch Wonderland, Six Flags Great Adventure
Coasters I've ridden Big Thunder Mountain (Disney World), Phoenix, Black Diamond

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:52 am

Yep, lots of little ch- ch- changes. The fourth Flying Turns train is supposed to be a really bright red / pink.

I'm hoping for at the very least a soft-opening tomorrow for Impulse! Even if it isn't open, I've gone to Knoebels on opening day for the past few years now, so...
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 am

I was just about to ask, does anyone know when the official opening for Impulse is? (If there is one yet)
Looks a like a fun ride and great addition to this great lil park. I had a great time last year, absolutely going again!

Well seems like it'll be soon! Its a 2ish hour drive for me. If anyone wants to ever go, PM me!
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby ToTheMax012 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:57 am

I'm from Pittsburgh and have yet to make it to the East side PA parks! I'M finally going this summer and making a trip to Hershey, Dorney, and Knoebels! I can not wait to just jump in my car and get me some Impulse!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Ccron10 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:44 pm

I'm probably going to head up on Sunday for two or three hours after work regardless if its open or not just to get dinner, get a ride or two in on the coasters, and check out the ride to see what it looks like now that it is done.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sporky » Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:22 am

Hey, Impulse is open! Or at least, according to this article . . . . wkok.info/news/news-news/knoebels-impulse-coaster-ride-ready-to-roll/

Donkeys give me orgiastic scream!

Postby Donkey123 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:16 am

I am heading up to Knoebels tomorrow to ride Impulse and my concern with this ride is it looks like on the test run that it rattles. I was on Thunderbolt in Coney Island and that ride looked very cool from the outside, but then I rode it and it also rattled and jerked you around. I am praying it is not the same way because it looks like a great ride and I love that it has lap bars instead of the over the shoulder restraints.
I might be young, but I still know a lot about theme parks.

Parks I am going to for the first time ever in 2015: Kings Dominion (July 27), Busch Gardens Williamsburg (July 25 and 26), Busch Gardens Tampa (August 12), Six Flags America (June 14), Islands of Adventure (August 13-15), and Universal Studios (August 13-15)

No Discernible Talent Whatsoever!

Postby King of Ka » Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:52 am

^ I can't say for sure but I think the apparent rattle on the video had to do with the mount they used for the camera, or at least that's how it looked and sounded to me. I think we'll be hearing plenty of ride reports in the next few days so hopefully we'll find out soon!

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JJLehto » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Well, exciting news!
Can't wait to hear the reports, and also what crowds are like at first, I'd prefer to get here sooner rather than later.
Top 10 Steel: Steel Vengeance, Wicked Cyclone, Fury 325, Millennium Force, Storm Chaser, Skyrush, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), I305, Lightning Run
Top 10 Wood: Voyage, Phoenix, El Toro, Boulder Dash, Mystic Timbers, Lightning Racer, Grizzly (KD), Legend, Raven, Beast

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!