Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

P. 19 - Fury POV video posted!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Bobbejaanland Discussion Thread

Postby JordyC » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:06 pm

First track pieces of new Bobbejaanland's new roller coaster: different color than expected

130319gerst3.jpg

Bobbejaanland's new roller coaster will get a different color than was thought. Last month the Flemish amusement park showed the first designs of the spectacular triple-launch coaster Fury. The track was then red. Now that the first parts have arrived in Bobbejaanland, it appears that it is orange.

Red was on closer inspection "not powerful enough", says a spokeswoman for the amusement park. "This color is much closer to the fire." The story of Fury is about the "fiery battle" with the dragon Fogo. The supports are dark brown.

At the end of February the Bobbejaanland management already visited the factory of the German manufacturer Gerstlauer. "Given the tight timing, it is important for us to closely follow the production process," says CEO Yves Peeters.

In recent months, the area where the roller coaster should be placed has been strengthened. "More than four hundred concrete supporting pillars of fourteen meters deep were built," Peeters explains. Now the construction of the track can really begin. The work is still on schedule for an opening in June.

Fury will be the highest and fastest triple-launch coaster in the Benelux, with a top speed of more than 100 kilometers per hour. Passengers are launched forward, backward and forward again.

130319gerst1.jpg

130319gerst2.jpg

130319gerst4.jpg

130319gerst5.jpg

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby RCT3Bross » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:25 pm

JordyC wrote:Red was on closer inspection "not powerful enough", says a spokeswoman for the amusement park. "This color is much closer to the fire."

While I don't mind the color change for this reason, because they have a point, I believe red would have clashed less. When I looked at the concept art the red made sense it looked like they where going for a dark theme, trying to imagine the track Orange in that concept art it all becomes a lot more happy. I'm okay with that as long as the Dragon, station and area fit with that orange track.
Roller Coaster Traveler 3 Bross Parks of 2018: Efteling, Phantasialand, Walibi Holland, Skyline park, Europa Park, Walibi Belgium, Toverland, Thorpe Park, Alton Towers, Blackpool Pleasure Beach
2018 Rides: Fenix (Toverland), Tiki Waka (Walibi Belgium), Wicker Man (Alton Towers), Icon (Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Postby JordyC » Fri May 03, 2019 10:53 am

World first for Bobbejaanland: guests decide for themselves whether new roller coaster goes forwards or backwards

030519furs.jpg

The new roller coaster Fury in Bobbejaanland is provided with a unique interactive element. After boarding the train, visitors can decide for themselves whether they want to experience the ride forwards or backwards. This confirms a spokeswoman for the Flemish amusement park.

"Each restraint is equipped with a button panel with which passengers can "vote" whether they want to go forwards or backwards," a spokeswoman explains. "That happens while the train runs towards a turntable." Most votes apply. "So if the majority opts for backwards, the ride is made backwards and vice versa."

This is an ingenious new system from the German manufacturer Gerstlauer. There is room for twelve people per train. In the event of a tie, the computer determines what will happen.

"We have an absolute world first in our hands. No other roller coaster in the world currently has such interaction. It also ensures a very high repeat value."

A ride in the 43 meter high triple-launch coaster Fury consists of three launches and four inversions. With a top speed of 106.6 kilometers per hour, it will be the fastest roller coaster in the Benelux. The opening is expected to take place in June.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Taiga - Linnanmäki 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Shambhala - PortAventura 6. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 7. Taron - Phantasialand 8. Helix - Liseberg 9. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 10. Colossos - Heide Park

Coasters: 273 || Parks: 52

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Postby DoinItForTheFame » Fri May 03, 2019 10:57 am

JordyC wrote:"Each restraint is equipped with a button panel with which passengers can "vote" whether they want to go forwards or backwards," a spokeswoman explains. "That happens while the train runs towards a turntable." Most votes apply. "So if the majority opts for backwards, the ride is made backwards and vice versa."

Oh, not going to lie... This sounds like a pretty awesome feature!!!
Bigger is not always better.

I will provide you with maximum pleasure.

Postby DBru » Fri May 03, 2019 10:59 am

This sounds AWESOME!!! What a cool idea!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri May 03, 2019 11:08 am

Super interesting!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri May 03, 2019 11:34 am

Sounds great, but I wonder if anybody is going to be constantly part of the majority vote, to go backwards? And not ever going forward? Every time they ride it?

Could happen. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Fri May 03, 2019 7:10 pm

Whoa this is really cool!
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Coaster (PNE Playland), Phoenix, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Untamed, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Schwur des Karnan
Most Recent Trip Reports- Dutch Wonderland & Hersheypark- Summer

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:44 pm

Such a brilliant concept! I love the idea.
Nrthwnd wrote:Sounds great, but I wonder if anybody is going to be constantly part of the majority vote, to go backwards? And not ever going forward? Every time they ride it?

Could happen. :wink:

I thought of the same thing. I wonder if it’ll be difficult to try it both ways because the majority will favor a certain way in general.

Although, if you happen to get a solo ride or if you’re with friends, you can get your way every time. ;)
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby jurrut » Sun May 19, 2019 4:04 am

My No limits recreation is finished! What do you think? Here are the videos:

and the backwards POV:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!