Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

P. 119: New & returning offerings for 2019 announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Disneyland Paris (DLP) Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:20 pm

^ Geez, I need to get my eyes fixed! Thanks for noting my mistake. I have no idea, after looking through at least three Disney sites with that date.....dunno why I put the 9th. I changed it above.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:21 am

Darn I'll miss it by a week. It'll be interesting to hear what they did considering it was down for a year and a half.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Postby JordyC » Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:07 am

Disneyland Paris reveals secrets of renewed Phantom Manor

130419funnptna.jpg

Phantom Manor at Disneyland Paris will reopen on the 3th of May after a renovation of nearly sixteen months. But what has changed in all this time behind the doors of the famous haunted house? During a presentation for fans, Tom Fitzgerald, executive creative leader at Walt Disney Imagineering, revealed on Friday evening what visitors can expect when they enter the iconic mansion.

The mysterious story of Phantom Manor is about the bride Melanie Ravenswood, her father Henry Ravenswood and the mysterious Phantom. Until now, the precise storyline has remained vague. "We wanted to delve deeper into the story of the Phantom and the bride," said Fitzgerald. "Guests will soon discover that Henry Ravenswood is the Phantom himself." Melanie's father found no man good enough for his daughter. "Everyone who tried to marry her disappeared mysteriously."

In the preview of the attraction - the so-called Stretching Room - new portraits of four men who have made a proposal to Melanie are displayed. If the room suddenly seems to be stretched apart, the paintings reveal the cause of death of the men. For example, one of them is being attacked by bears.

"With the help of new techniques, we see Melanie disappearing from the images," Fitzgerald explains. From now on, not only French is spoken, but also English. For this, Disney used old recordings of horror actor Vincent Price. He died in 1993, one year after the opening of the attraction.

A new painting by Henry Ravenswood will be displayed in the portrait gallery at the station. Then visitors get into a cart. "You will see more of Melanie and the Phantom while you ride." Melanie is now standing on the stairs in the station. She stares out where it storms.

Various scenes in the attraction are provided with new effects, such as a video projection of the Phantom playing the wedding march on the piano. Madame Leota, a fortune teller who appears in a glass sphere, has also been renewed. "She is now more realistic than ever." When the bride Melanie is crying in front of a mirror, the Phantom appears behind her in the mirror image.

The biggest changes have taken place in the scene with the ominous cowboy town of Phantom Canyon. Fitzgerald: "All figures have been redesigned, the scenes have been painted, we have added new effects and restored old ones." A little further on, the Phantom is ready with a sling. "He has a place for you if you want to become a permanent resident of Phantom Manor."

The ride ends with a mausoleum containing the deceased men who asked Melanie for her hand. "But one of them doesn't give up. He still wants to marry Melanie, so he breaks through the mausoleum with a ring hoping he can win her back." At the exit we hear the bride herself, who has lost her wits over the years. She asks visitors to marry her.

Source
Quality Over Quantity

1. Hyperion - Energylandia 2. Wildfire - Kolmården 3. Shambhala - PortAventura 4. Untamed - Walibi Holland 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 6. Taron - Phantasialand 7. Helix - Liseberg 8. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 9. Colossos - Heide Park 10. Lech Coaster - Legendia

Coasters: 254 || Parks: 47

Parc Astérix || Slagharen || Plopsa Coevorden || Waarbeek || Liseberg || Kolmården || Gröna Lund || Energylandia || Legendia || Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:48 pm

In the city of Paris, Notre Dame Cathedral was IN FLAMES today. Roof destroyed, a main spire fell, precious stained glass windows are gone. But - nobody killed or inured (so far) in trying to save the rest of it, any of it.

Other than the Rant Thread, I didn't know where to put this. Please understand.
So... my thoughts are with the people of Paris and France. :(
img_9104_0.jpg
The last shot I took of Notre Dame, on our Sept.2015 trip. I've recently read, these two towers survived the fire.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:43 am

For those who've been to Disneyland Paris, do they tend to inflate the wait times around closing like the US parks?
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Canobie Lake Park & Six Flags New England- Goliath Only

Postby coasterbill » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:56 am

Nrthwnd wrote:In the city of Paris, Notre Dame Cathedral was IN FLAMES today. Roof destroyed, a main spire fell, precious stained glass windows are gone.

On that note (and tying this all together)...

The Walt Disney Company Pledges $5 Million to Support Rebuilding of Notre-Dame Cathedral

The Walt Disney Company today announced it is committing $5 million to aid in the reconstruction of Notre-Dame Cathedral in Paris following the devastating fire that severely damaged the historic landmark this week.

“Notre-Dame is a beacon of hope and beauty that has defined the heart of Paris and the soul of France for centuries, inspiring awe and reverence for its art and architecture and for its enduring place in human history. The Walt Disney Company stands with our friends and neighbors in the community, offering our heartfelt support as well as a $5 million donation for the restoration of this irreplaceable masterpiece,” said Robert A. Iger, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, The Walt Disney Company.

Link

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:41 am

^Granted that's pocket change for Disney but I'm sure them donating money will really please the protestors that have been there asking for pay increases: https://www.comicsands.com/disneyland-protest-leaves-tons-of-litter-2633562338.html?fbclid=IwAR2nxvGS8B_01WFBFy3n7WZcvuR15R3yBZRpOEOAtHPKFu_k51PfKAcJTBE

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:24 pm

I couldn't find too much info online for Extra Magic Hour / Magic Morning for Walt Disney Studios before my visit. If you're staying onsite, this is the only way to do Crush's Coaster without an hour wait. Below are some observations that may help you on a future trip.

They do not open the Walt Disney Studios gate in the morning. I mistakenly waited by it my first day. At 8 am (half hour before extra magic hour), they open the Disneyland Paris gate. If you want to go to the Studios, you bear left and pass through a checkpoint.

They have no signage, but on both days the only admission line they had open was the one immediately to the left of the archway.

If you get to the Disneyland gate by 8 am, you should be one of the first in line at the Studios. Usually this isn't necessary for magic hours, but it's needed for Crush. This was the line at 8:30 when magic hours started.

IMG_20190427_082906.jpg
Yes that's all the way back to the enclosed entry area.

I was off the ride by 8:40. By the time I got off, the line was already 50 minutes and all the switchbacks were full. It's also worth noting that the single rider line does open for magic hours as well. I read online they used to wait until regular operating hours.

IMG_20190427_085316.jpg
Line at 8:40.

One last note, I've found that Disneyland and Disney World exaggerate wait times near closing. The wait for Crush's Coaster at closing was posted around 50-70 minutes each day and considering all the switchbacks were full, that appeared accurate.

This is based off two visits this past week so I know they could switch things up, but I figure something is better than nothing.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby dominoes » Thu May 02, 2019 2:37 pm

Yesterday Phantom Manor finally reopened it's doors to lucky guests to see the new renovation. The ride opens to everyone on the 3rd May.

Postby Canobie Coaster » Thu May 02, 2019 2:48 pm

Glad to see it reopen! It was so odd to see this in Frontierland during my visit.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!