Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 274 - All the D23 Epcot Announcements! (There's a LOT!)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wrote the book about donkeys!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby TheAmericanKnight » Tue May 12, 2020 7:00 pm

I don't know if memes are allowed here, but I found this on the obscure side of YouTube recently. Thought some of you folks may like this.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:41 pm

Looks like Trump just extended the ban on many visa's into the country including the two most commonly used ones for Epcot international Program. I assume that means unless Disney makes some sort of deal or gets a variance we won't see many international workers in World Showcase this year.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Haymaker » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:01 pm

SharkTums wrote:Looks like Trump just extended the ban on many visa's into the country including the two most commonly used ones for Epcot international Program.

The one used for Epcot isnt affected...

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:11 pm

^Really? Cause I see the J-1 and H2-B's were all stopped and I know that's what some of the internationals had.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby Haymaker » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:24 pm

SharkTums wrote:^Really? Cause I see the J-1 and H2-B's were all stopped and I know that's what some of the internationals had.

There's probably a bunch of J1's too but they should be mostly Q's. The Q is called the Disney visa for that reason. J's might be international CP students or other interns/workers that arent specifically cultural in nature. Shouldnt be any H2B's because thats for agricultural workers (I work for a government agency that does immigration work). If WDW wants an exception, theyll get it. Money talks of course. UPS and FedEx get similar preferential treatment at their international facilities because they pay the salary of the officers dedicated to their needs, similar to businesses paying local PD's overtime for traffic control or security.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:05 am

^Ok interesting!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!