Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 274 - All the D23 Epcot Announcements! (There's a LOT!)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Coasternerd3 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:33 am

NOPE on the spaceship earth remake. I like the original.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:06 pm

SharkTums wrote:
Erik Johnson wrote:I think the Mary Poppins attraction is more of a walkthrough attraction instead of a ride. At least that is how I am understanding the description.

Don't rain on my parade of a trackless dark ride through the Mary Poppins Universe complete with a Lin-Manuel Miranda animatronic!

:nina:

I'm loving everything about this update. A lot of thought and care have clearly gone into the planning. Whenthis eventually gets completed, it should be pretty remarkable.

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 5:14 am

At first I thought the Marry Poppins attraction was a "ride" but if it is a walk through of some sort that could potentially be really cool, and maybe even open much sooner that a full ride.

Also with this and the Moana water walk through I love the idea of there being just more things to do at Epcot that don't require a fastpass or advanced planning. Not knocking the fastpass system but I love just spontaneously wandering around that park and now there are two actual attractions specifically designed just for that, so I love the idea.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby djcoastermark » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:40 am

Meh. A walk through of Mary Poppins dress props and moana, a glorified splash pad for the kids. It will look nice , will be okay to see, but does nothing to draw me in.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby bigboy » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:13 am

Since there's clearly nothing else to draw you into Epcot, I'm sure Disney will be scrambling to find a way to recover this lost target demographic.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:23 am

Coasternerd3 wrote:NOPE on the spaceship earth remake. I like the original.

Spaceship Earth has been changed a number of times over the years. Which "original" version are you referring to? ;)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:17 pm

As for possible Poppins attraction...I am old and physically tire of walk-throughs, recently.
Rides are so much more fun and better IMhO. And a nice rest from (the heat) walking.
And the tech for them is getting so much better and better (i.e. trackless etc.)

Give me a ride from either movie (could they pull off both in one ride?) and I shall be happy. :mickey:
MaryPoppins.jpg
I still love the original. But the new one was really
amazing in scope and vision for continuation of MP.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Postby DILinator » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:42 pm

I feel like if they did something Mary Poppins themed, it would be blending the two movies together, since they are an original and a sequel.

Top 10 Coasters! 1.Steel Vengeance 2.Fury 3.Millennium Force 4.Maverick 5. Twisted Timbers 6. The Voyage 7. Lightning Rod 8.Storm Chaser 9.El Toro 10. Leviathan Honorable Mentions: Phantom's Revenge, Behemoth, Mako, Ravine Flyer II, Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Yukon Striker, Wood - White Lightning

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:51 pm

Is it too much to ask for a Mary Poppins version of the Tokyo Beauty and the Beast ride!??!?? I didn't think so! =)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:55 pm

DILinator wrote:I feel like if they did something Mary Poppins themed, it would be blending the two movies together, since they are an original and a sequel.

Well for myself, it would a great tribute to both eras of the films. Us and the kids, LOL! :wink:

P.S. And I wanted to add, exactly for that "blend"... having the runaway carousel horses (film 1),
riding through that lamp lighters' number (film 2)? That would be awesome!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!