Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 274 - All the D23 Epcot Announcements! (There's a LOT!)
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Former captain of the Arrow bus.

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Erik Johnson » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:31 pm

SharkTums wrote:
Erik Johnson wrote:I think the Mary Poppins attraction is more of a walkthrough attraction instead of a ride. At least that is how I am understanding the description.

Don't rain on my parade of a trackless dark ride through the Mary Poppins Universe complete with a Lin-Manuel Miranda animatronic!

That would be amazing!!!!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby RAWKIN_coaster38 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:13 am

SO many cool additions to Epcot! Biggest ever show to a Disney park? Space restaurant with views from above Earth? New scenes in Spaceship Earth? Very cool! Can't wait to see how this all turns out. Did I miss something or did they announce when this will all be completed?

Also, the way they are describing Guardians reminds me of Gringott's at Universal, or am I reading/understanding that incorrectly?
“If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?”

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby DarienPoint » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:27 am

Isn't Club Cool closing due to all these upgrades? I'll be sad to see it go, but awesome changes!
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 100 || Parks: 16
100th Coaster: Comet @ TGE :b
Top 10: 1. Superman the Ride | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Millennium Force | 4. Maverick | 5. Leviathan | 6. Goliath (La Ronde) | 7. Kingda Ka | 8. Behemoth | 9. Bizzaro | 10. El Toro

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:37 am

RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Also, the way they are describing Guardians reminds me of Gringott's at Universal, or am I reading/understanding that incorrectly?

I think it's much more Story Telling COASTER than Gringott's is. I mean, Gringott's BARELY counts as a coaster.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:42 am

^I consider Gringott's a dark ride, not a coaster.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby nynehalem » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:04 am

I'm hoping the Mary Poppins ride will be a Mack suspended powered coaster (ala Arthur) where you ride under her giant umbrella.

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:12 pm

SharkTums wrote:
RAWKIN_coaster38 wrote:Also, the way they are describing Guardians reminds me of Gringott's at Universal, or am I reading/understanding that incorrectly?

I think it's much more Story Telling COASTER than Gringott's is. I mean, Gringott's BARELY counts as a coaster.

Just that strip of Guardians track that was exposed before it was covered up is proof that this will be WAY more of a coaster than Gringott's :lol:

All of these updates look incredible. So many updates! I'm aiming to visit WDW in 2020 and Epcot has been climbing the ranks on my 'anticipated parks' list.
{1991} Chicago guy. Creative ad world guy with @adultswim @cartoonnetwork World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd

Postby Haymaker » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:47 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:
SharkTums wrote:

Just that strip of Guardians track that was exposed before it was covered up is proof that this will be WAY more of a coaster than Gringott's :lol:

All of these updates look incredible. So many updates! I'm aiming to visit WDW in 2020 and Epcot has been climbing the ranks on my 'anticipated parks' list.

Probably not mich is going to change by the time you go. GotG isnt due to open until 2021 for instance.

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby aueft » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:36 pm

I'm actually surprised that they are updating Spaceship Earth again. I figure it's probably going to be mostly minor changes (probably to the descent), but I'm not sure how easy it will be to shift the themes from "information / communication" to "storytelling" without more drastic changes to many of the existing show scenes.

Postby mikeykaise » Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:04 am

Disney never seems to amaze me, parts of Epcot were created back before today's technology and so it's gotta be tough to hit the reset button and come up with ideas for a whole new set of technology that the future maybe like.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!