Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 264- New Guardians Roller Coaster Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:48 am

It is definitely interesting to see Vekoma more openly being acknowledged as the supplier for these Disney attractions... They've updated their website to officially claim some notable Disney projects as those they've worked on: https://www.vekoma.com/custom-designed-coasters.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:03 pm

I think Vekoma's partnership with Disney has helped them to improve their rides overall. They're not just that company that makes Boomerangs and SLCs anymore. It's been fun to watch (and ride).

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby AdventuresinAirtime » Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:28 pm

This ride looks fantastic, good to see those photos confirmed to be the GotG ride and Disney to confirm it as being Vekoma.
I wonder if it'll invert? Not that it needs to.

Going to be a fantastic ride, i'm sure Disney has some really clever ideas to utilise that rotation for.
Adventures in Airtime Theme Park Podcast:
www.adventuresinairtime.com

Adventures in Airtime on YouTube:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:49 pm

^ No inversions on this new coaster, from what I have read, recently.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby LDedios432 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:36 pm

cfc wrote:I think Vekoma's partnership with Disney has helped them to improve their rides overall. They're not just that company that makes Boomerangs and SLCs anymore. It's been fun to watch (and ride).

100% Agree!! Tron, Everest, Dwarves, Vekoma & Disney come up with amazing concepts when they work together. I used to wish that Disney would work with other coaster manufacturers, but they've proved me wrong each and every time they open up a new ride together. I was BLOWN AWAY by Tron and I can't wait for this!

I know quite a lot about Donkeys!

Postby dreynolds1982 » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:18 am

Wow that looks like it's going to be a lot of fun. I was initially thinking controlled sideways turning just to point you at show scenes, ala Gringotts at UO, but the idea of pointing you backwards and forwards is really intriguing. Perhaps an enemy ship is tailing you so you're turned around backwards to face it, only to be zipped back around forward to see that you're flying right towards a meteor or something. Sounds like an incredibly immersive, 360 degree experience.
Favorite Parks: Carowinds (Home Park), BGW, Any Disney Park, IOA, Family Kingdom (Myrtle Beach Classic!)
Favorite Steel (no order): Apollo's Chariot, Fury 325, Hulk, Mind Bender (SFOG), Space Mt (DL), Afterburn (Carowinds), Volcano
Favorite Wood (no order): Georgia Cyclone, Thunder Road (Carowinds...RIP), Swamp Fox (Family Kingdom), Woodstock Express (Carowinds...no seriously it's awesome), Thunderhead

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:05 pm

Any tips for fast passes at Epcot? Going to be in the Candlelight Processional, and we're riding rides / doing whatever from 9 - 4:00.
Darien Lake is my home park. :kiss:

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:38 pm

Get a fastpass for Soarin, if any are available, then hit Frozen at park opening then head to Test Track and use the single rider line or standby. There may or may not be passes available depending on when you book them but even without passes its pretty reasonable to get on the three major attraction within the first 2-3 hours if you're inside the park ready to go when it opens.

Postby DarienPoint » Fri Nov 23, 2018 7:13 pm

^ Thanks! I was able to get Soarin' (: , probably gonna do the Single Rider line but I'm bummed that the customization for the cars (which is my favorite thing about the ride) is dulled in the Single Rider line.

Coaster Count: 65 || Parks: 12 (I need to branch out and visit new parks :lmao: )
Top 10: 1. Millennium Force | 2. Wicked Cyclone | 3. Superman the Ride | 4. Rougarou | 5. Maverick | 6. Raptor (CP) | 7. Gatekeeper | 8. Top Thrill Dragster | 9. Ride of Steel | 10. Tantrum

Postby DarienPoint » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:52 pm

So, as I said above, I went to Walt Disney World to be in the Candlelight Processional with my school's choruses! I was able to vlog everyday (except the water parks we didn't go to, and Magic Kingdom's footage was deleted), and it was such an awesome trip!!

EPCOT VLOG : https://www.facebook.com/asher.raymond2/videos/vb.100000022571334/2204274669583264/?type=3

The other vlogs are in their correct forum! (:

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!