Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 264- New Guardians Roller Coaster Update!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby Dombot » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:01 pm

NOOOO!!! This is easily my favorite nighttime show ever. I'm excited to see what Disney will bring to the table, but this is really sad to me. So many memories from watching this show. :cry:
1. Intimidator 305 2. Kumba 3. Twisted Timbers 4. Mako 5. Alpengeist

"Sometimes I mistake this for a universe that cares." ~Randall Munroe

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:14 pm

^^ Aw man I wish I had known that before leaving the resort. I think I should be back at least one more time next year before it goes fortunately.

I loved Illuminations in it's current form, but I've always enjoyed Disney's night spectaculars so I trust they'll deliver something good.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Twisted Colossus, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Disneyland & Scandia

Star Wars is gay.

Postby MayTheGForceBeWithYou » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:37 pm

On one hand, this was one of the few shows I would actually take my time to watch because it was that good...on the other, I'll definitely give the new version the benefit of the doubt instead of just jumping on the hate train from the get go.
人生は素晴らしき冒険旅行

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby vertigomike » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:20 pm

It's really time for IllumiNations to have its sunset. Epcot has had an industry awarding show for a decade and a half so hopefully this is a challenge to master something even better. It's been almost 20 years for Illuminations though. Time to say goodbye.
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/3daeb7ce4d5157dc4ad7d17c8391e12f.jpg[/img][/url]

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:02 pm

Dombot wrote:NOOOO!!! This is easily my favorite nighttime show ever. I'm excited to see what Disney will bring to the table, but this is really sad to me. So many memories from watching this show. :cry:

You're obviously not old enough to remember the previous versions of the show, but if you makes you feel any better, every time they updated it, the show just got better than better and better!

Who remembers the version where they would "spotlight" each country, and all the spotlights around World Showcase would rapidly come together to highlight a certain country? That was a cool effect!

This version will have been around 20 years when it leaves, which is probably 10 years longer than it should have run. Illuminations is by far Disney's biggest night time show so I have no doubt the next version will be nothing sort of mind blowing!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:59 am

I liked IllumiNations, but 20 years is an impressive run. Looking forward to the new show.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby parkjunkie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:56 am

robbalvey wrote:
Dombot wrote:NOOOO!!! This is easily my favorite nighttime show ever. I'm excited to see what Disney will bring to the table, but this is really sad to me. So many memories from watching this show. :cry:

Who remembers the version where they would "spotlight" each country, and all the spotlights around World Showcase would rapidly come together to highlight a certain country? That was a cool effect!

I remember that and was so disappointed when they quit doing it.

All in all, I am disappointed to see it go, but am excited to see what Disney has in store. Something tells me we won't be disappointed with the new

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby viking86 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:00 am

I loved Illuminations during my visit, but 20 years is a long time for the same show. I'm very excited to see what they will do with the new show! Although I will probably not watch any videos of it so that whenever I have my next visit I get to see it in person for the first time. I still haven't watched any videos of the show that replaced Wishes for the same reason... :p

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:37 am

Buh bye, Illuminations, hello brand new completely bonkers insane show. I can't wait to see what the Imagineers have up their sleeve.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:01 pm

More fire barge, less boring globe!

The show is great, but has definitely run its course. With all the advancements in projections, lighting, sound, and pyrotechnic technology since the show first debuted, the replacement is sure to be incredible.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!