TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Weird Coaster Facts

- Nemesis Inferno is the only B&M that hit the lift using its natural speed. All other B&M have tires to synchronize the grip and makes it smoother.

Doesn't hydra also do this? It doesn't have any drive tires on the bottom of the lift.

Hydra does not have kickers before the lift.

• Replies 736
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- Nemesis Inferno is the only B&M that hit the lift using its natural speed. All other B&M have tires to synchronize the grip and makes it smoother.

Doesn't hydra also do this? It doesn't have any drive tires on the bottom of the lift.

Aw my bad. Yes Hydra does that too. Good eye.

Top Thrill Dragster has a Turbo Mode that is used in the morning to launch the trains at a faster speed than usual. I believe that speed is ~137mph.

Kingda Ka has this ability as well. I believe the PLC button for it says "Launch Boost Enable"

I'd love to ride either one with that turned on! You'd get some nice air on the top hat!

I believe they used it on KK for TPR once, as seen in this video:

Maybe Robb or members that were riding when this pov was filmed can confirm?

Top Thrill Dragster has a Turbo Mode that is used in the morning to launch the trains at a faster speed than usual. I believe that speed is ~137mph.

Kingda Ka has this ability as well. I believe the PLC button for it says "Launch Boost Enable"

I'd love to ride either one with that turned on! You'd get some nice air on the top hat!

I believe they used it on KK for TPR once, as seen in this video:

Maybe Robb or members that were riding when this pov was filmed can confirm?

^I'm fairly sure I have seen a video of Xcelerator testing in super-fast mode as well, where it flies over the tophat with insane speed. Anyone still have that video??

Rock'n'Roller coaster (DLP) has an high-speed mode as well. You can actually have a ride in high-speed, because when a soundtracker (a train) is taken out of the garage, it has to do five laps in high-speed. This mode is like 110 km/h instead of 96.

The Marmaliser theming element within the middle of the Smiler at Alton Towers has a 360 degree screen that highlights each stage of marmalisation and other supposed facts.

Every once in a while a photo of the front of a washing machine is shown. This is a homage to all the many rumours circulating during construction of a washing machine element being involved in the ride.

^^I think Kinga Ka's system has something like 20 000 hp but it usually only uses around 11 000. Can this be because the mechanism will lose power over time and, therefore, they originally have quite a big margin? Because differences in wind, temperature or weight of the riders would certainly not require so much extra power (I suppose).

^^I think Kinga Ka's system has something like 20 000 hp but it usually only uses around 11 000. Can this be because the mechanism will lose power over time and, therefore, they originally have quite a big margin? Because differences in wind, temperature or weight of the riders would certainly not require so much extra power (I suppose).

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want my Macbook's CPU running at 100 percent all the time. It's better in the long run to keep power under a certain level, that way it won't get so fatigued so quickly.

^Yeah that does make sense. But it's interesting that there is such a big margin. Do other systems like LSM also have this? If so, I guess it would not be as simple as it may be with the hydraulic ones as they would require different programming on the magnets to launch the train at different speeds, am I right to say this? Because I somehow get the feeling that they wouldn't do much more than they usually do, partly because their launches are so consistent.