2,138 members have voted

1. 1. What's your orientation?

• I'm a guy who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes guys
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I'm a guy who likes guys and girls
    • I'm a girl who likes girls
    • I haven't figured out what I like yet...
    • Hobosexual (I'm a person who likes hobos)
    • Hoosexual (I'm a person who likes owls)

I've switched sides. I'm gay. Haven't come out though, I would get murdered by my parents. I've grown up in a Mormon household ever since I was born then at 12 my dad divorced my mom and disowned the church, at 14 I decided to leave and my mom had a tough time with that but I couldn't take it anymore, I was tired of everyone in my church in on everyones business and all the drama, and blah-blah. So now when I left (my sister left when she turned 18 about the same time I left.) My moms gone SUPER-MORMON on me, and everything she does now either has to do with work, or religion. So if I told her, I'd wake up with a guy above my bed and some holy water smacking me in the face going "May the power of christ compel you." And that doesn't sound very pleasant to me.

So now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, I've already joked about it with my sister though, she told me she was pregnant and I told her I was gay, and I watched her reaction for a minute then was like "JUST KIDDING!" Just to see what she'd do, but she was only like "Wow, you I never expected." But she's pretty cool with it so if I do come out I can trust her, I just can't trust her mouth, word would spread, and then it'd get into the church (even though she's not in it she's good friends with a few people who have the LOOSEST lips ever.) And then it'd spread through the whole church to my mom, then the bishop would come knocking on my door and have a "discussion" with me, just like he did with my sister and her pregnancy before she got married (though she's engaged and they DO love eachother.)

Anyways, but I'm totally not a guy you'd sense to be gay (even with good Gay-dar.) I like sports, I like rock music, I don't act any bit gay, I don't have the voice, I don't do anything to raise suspicion. I've got some secrets that I've kept pretty well hidden from people so I'm pretty good at it. (Smoking/Drinking/Partying.) Anyways, I've got no intention of coming out until I move out after highschool, because highschool is pretty tough to come out in, you need to know who your friends are, and recently I've had alot of my friends ditch me (due to a different reason I don't want to discuss because it makes me quite sad.) Anyways, so they ditched me, and now I have no clue whose my friend and whose not, but I've talked to this kid in my art class who sits next to me whose gay, and I talk to him about some personal stuff (I still haven't told him I'm gay, but I think he knows....) anywho, so I'm really good friends with him now, and I'm sorta attracted to him too. So I think I'm going to tell him when I see him today in class. It'll be pretty interesting to see what he thinks, and to see if he's known. :hehe:

Anyways, thanks for reading this, it's nice to just tell the internet without really worrying that its going to get back to you.

Oh and.... www.myspace.com/cobaltbluecooper

Can you actually switch just like that? What if your bi and just like guys a little more? I don't know, I am straight, but have not had a girlriend for a while. My friends are still the biggest homophobes on the planet, making them stupid.

In the great words of Nick Swardson that fit this thread perfectly:

" I don't try to use gay as a negative term, but what other term describes a fanny pack?"

^^Maybe this is just me and not being allowed to date until I was 18, but, who needs to know about your sexuality at 15??!! Meaning, you shouldn’t be dating at your age and therefore, how would anybody know?

I know its hard for you and you needed to confide in somebody. And since you told your sister, you should remind her that you trusted her with your secret and she needs to understand that you would be very hurt if she told anybody.

Keep your focus on school and when you are out of High School and settled in college, date then. Keep mum about your preference while in high school if you feel uncomfortable about airing out YOUR business...when you go to college, your life will change dramatically and nobody will care about your sexual preference.

^^^Well, knowing your sexuality at that age is kind of something that pretty much everyone knows. I knew I was gay much earlier than that. Well, I've kind of just always known. I could tell that I was different than everyone else was early on and I knew I just preferred boys. And it stayed that way once i matured beyond early childhood...and now I really like boys But in all seriousness, there's nothing wrong with knowing who you are at that age, but there is a lot of thought that needs to go into how you deal with that. Coming out should always be done at a time where it is good for you and you are comfortable doing so.

^^Maybe this is just me and not being allowed to date until I was 18, but, who needs to know about your sexuality at 15??!! Meaning, you shouldn’t be dating at your age and therefore, how would anybody know?

True! I did not date any girls in high school and yet my friends were still a little shocked when I told them in later years. I never went to school dances, proms, etc...never had a GF, but no one ever really questioned it. At least not until I was in my late twenties/early thirties and STILL didn't have a girlfriend or wife!

If you are uncomfortable about telling people, then don't. You will know when the time is right and the situation presents itself. Sounds like you made a bold first step with your sister, but she now needs to oblige your desire for secrecy and respect your wishes.

Contrary to some people that may say it's better to come out at a younger age, in certain situations that isn't always the best idea. Everyone's life is different and as they say...there is a time and place for everything! It's your life...you choose when it would be best to come out to friends and family!

Best of luck to you!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I was definitely happy about that. It looks like my state is coming closer to it too, but I'm not really sure how they are doing things...But let's hope by the end of the year I will be able to get legally married without having to leave when I do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am gay. I came out 2 months ago to my parents, friends and most importantly myself. I had always known that I was gay; I just didn't want to be gay for the fear of being harassed by fellow students, since I have ALWAYS been picked on since elementary school. I had tried to date girls which I never felt anything more than friendship for during the relationships. It just got to the point where when I found someone who I was extremely interested in and found out that they shared the same interest in me, I just couldn't live a lie anymore. Although there were some tears from my mother when I told her of my orientation, she has been extremely supportive of my decision and along with the rest of my family, absolutely adores my boyfriend. I can honestly say that coming out has been one of the greatest things I have ever done and that today is my boyfriend and I’s 3 month celebration. The connection that we have is something that I have never felt before.

I am the happiest I have ever been in my entire life, and I couldn't ask for a more supportive group of family and friends!

I recommend to anyone out there that is sill "in the closet" and are holding themselves back from experiencing true happiness and love because they are afraid of what people will think of them, not to worry about the opinions of others. At the end of the day, it’s not about what you were called while you walked down the hallway, or what other people think of your sexual preference, it's about being able to go to sleep knowing that you are happy and that you are being loved in return.

4538_82007253436_506128436_1908241_6831252_n.jpg.a8fbc596141c9456c89806cc369aeeda.jpg

Myself on the Left - My Boyfriend on the Right!

3 Months Baby!