TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Have you ever been on a coaster in the rain?

It rained for most of the Behemoth marathon at Give Kids the World this summer. That was painful. In hindsight, riding in the front may not have been the best idea.

It also rained for most of my day at Kennywood this year, but none of the rides were too bad in the rain, even Phantom's and Sky Rocket.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode Hellcat at TimberFalls Adventure Park this year in the rain. I am a novice coaster enthusiast so I was amazed the operator said we could get on. It was the best ride I have ever had on any coaster. It made Hellcat feel smoother and faster. It is something I have been chasing ever since.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ermahgerd^ Must. Do. That.

Got my first night time wet ride on Dominator KD the Monday after Memorial Day weekend. Started raining just as the park was closing and we nabbed one of the last runs on our way out of the park. We got somewhat wet but the ride just before us got utterly drenched, was funny seeing their faces coming back into the station.

Managed a twilight ride in a strong drizzle Saturday on Bizarro SNFE, right after they inexplicably spent >10 minutes removing the second train with less than an hour left to close. It was .... simply fantastic.

• 2 weeks later...

Pulled out of the station on the Cedar Creek Mine Ride (CP) and it wasn't raining at all. At about the top of the lift hill it just started pouring! The ride would've been pretty boring without the rain.

Later in the same day we were riding MaXair. It started to rain a bit and someone was yelling "It's hailing!" Haha, it was barley raining but it did sting a bit.

Also rode The Incredible Hulk in the rain once.

One of our more recent trips to SDC was a very rainy day. Crowds were light and coaster were open, closed, open, closed, open, closed the entire day. We managed to ride Outlaw Run, Powder Keg, Wildfire, and Giant Barn Swing that day. Without fail it started raining each time we were on a ride. I think Outlaw Run was the best! There were so many points in the ride when it looked like the rain was falling up.

In past years I've also been on Sheikra in the Rain, and MF. Not a fan of either of those in the rain. Wicked Twister however is a LOT of fun in the rain! Again, it looks like the rain is falling up!

I have been on a few but the two that stand out the most is ttd. We pulled out to the lights and right as the train want back to launch it started to rain. I was also in the front row. It felt like bee's Stinging my face it sucked. Made for a fun on ride picture.

I also rode MF in the rain. we were the next train to board it started raining one of the other people in line was getting deployed three days later. He saying things like let me ride i may never get to come back. the rain stopped for us to get on the ride as as we went up the lift hill the sky opened and started raining. this also hurt but a great ride we were all laughing at the end of the ride.

One last one well two. I have done power tower and wicked Twister in the rain and and when you get to the top for the split second when your wait less you feel like your moving at the same speed as the rain and it looks like its not moving super cool stuff.

I was on Superman during a WCB a few years ago and it started raining. It was pretty amazing and looked like the Matrix the way the rain stopped in front of our eyes and reversed direction.

I remember that, was such an awesome moment. I also remember a dead day at CGA last year, the rain scared the GP away and opened up a marathon session on Gold Striker.

I was at Cedar Point last weekend and on Saturday night the skies opened up about 1030 pm and they kept on running on Millennium Force, it only went down about 15 minutes, talk about a cold ride. Everyone in line got drenched and whenever the rain let up to a steady or light rain they would send a train. It wasn't too bad...lol

• 1 month later...