TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

Well that's a long wait. With one train running, would that queue possibly be extending out of the ride building?

It might feel the que, but I have a feeling due to the fast pass getting seats on each train that it’s really slow in the standby line with one train running. Park can’t be that crowded with the other waits being low.

When I was there and the wait was 85mins, it wasn't a long wait because of dispatches themselves they were doing great with those and they have to time theirselves if you watch. Anyway the cause of the hold up was the fast passes which was actually pissing a lot of people off. They would take like 2-3 rounds of fast pass before the actual line. Like use the fast pass riders, especially single riders as seat fillers.

How many time savers are there on a given day? Especially since it's supposedly single use for Lightning Rod.

When you buy them on line (I was just looking because someone sent me a pm to get the link) there is no limit listed for the regular timesaver but the unlimited which gets you unlimited rides on LR as well does have a daily purchase limit, when I purchased 2 it listed over 200 still available for that day. Don't know how many had purchased before me. You have to pick a specific day on the unlimited timesaver but not on the regular timesaver. So, I would guess on the regular they will sell as many as they can which is why they limit LR to one ride on those and why they will only sell a finite number of the unlimited. Make sense?

Based on other theme parks I have been too and their fastpasses; DW's are pretty cheap at $35 & $45. And if LR is open, to me, the extra 10 bucks is a no brainer to get unlimited rides on it.

Thanks! If Lightning Rod is open I am definitely getting the Unlimited Time Saver for Saturday.

Something to keep in mind about the Unlimited Time Saver:

Drop Line - Summer 2017 (limit one ride per person)

Lightning Rod ® (limit one ride per person)

Unless I'm reading this wrong, even if you do buy the Unlimited Time Saver pass you still only get to "skip the line" once for Lightning Rod.

Nope. My son just used them in June, it's unlimited. The regular timesaver pass has a punch card for the ride ops to punch off your rides on the stuff that is one time use only. The unlimited simply says unlimited, there's no way to keep track, because it's unlimited.

Thanks! If Lightning Rod is open I am definitely getting the Unlimited Time Saver for Saturday.

I would buy in advance. They do sell out on the unlimited. I would take the chance for an extra 10, especially on a Saturday. Also if it is this Saturday temps will be very hot. Heat index around 105. If you have a good pass it’s only 40.

I would buy in advance. They do sell out on the unlimited. I would take the chance for an extra 10, especially on a Saturday. Also if it is this Saturday temps will be very hot. Heat index around 105. If you have a good pass it’s only 40.

Sorry if I'm oblivious but where on the website can I buy a Timesaver in advance?

Edit- Nevermind I found it on the add-ons page. I was looking by the tickets.

and with that heat I have a strong feeling Lightning Rod is not going to take well to that. It does well in the winter or colder months and not as well in the hotter months. That's what I've noticed.
Lol you can never count on LR.

nancy.gif.569d2cab65646fa0204a3e4e8f5c1094.gif

Geez guys, its his third attempt at this. I get trying to keep it real, but give the guy a little bit of hope.

and with that heat I have a strong feeling Lightning Rod is not going to take well to that. It does well in the winter or colder months and not as well in the hotter months. That's what I've noticed.
Lol you can never count on LR.

7288A509-9D91-4607-8A03-E3CD56AE66E9-4276-0000012228F1AB14.jpeg.455d19f9556e6644b73f401e6755fbda.jpeg

Obviously I really want to get on Lightning Rod, but having Tennessee Tornado, Mystery Mine, and Wild Eagle isn't a bad consolation considering this isn't a week long vacation like last time.

+1

When LR is closed, I usually find myself marathoning ole' Tornado. Actually, I do that anyways.

Went late last night and actually got a ride on before park closing, was so surprised that it feels like a blur. Was not expecting it to continue running after waiting two hours in line but it made it. Kind of surprising it's closed all day today though. Was working fine last night.

It looks like Lightning Rod is Closed for the Day, today.

What time do they put on the app whether it's closed for the day or not? I realize there may be no rhyme or reason but in general if they're not even trying to open it at all, would it be posted at or by 10AM when the park opens?