TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I think it's very unfair of the park to keep listing it as TC for the first 5-6 hours of the day, and then finally listing it as CD. This is not a one time occurrence, it seems to happen quite a bit.

I agree. If the park were to just put it as CD right away then people would be expecting it to be shut down and if things do go well then Dollywood could open it anyway.

I think it's very unfair of the park to keep listing it as TC for the first 5-6 hours of the day, and then finally listing it as CD. This is not a one time occurrence, it seems to happen quite a bit.

I agree. If it's going to be closed, just be up front and honest about it. I hated missing it last month, but at least the park was open that it would be CD from the start so I can focus on other rides. If I see it's TC tomorrow, I'm going to feel obligated to wait by it even if I know the odds of it opening are looking bleak at this point.

They should have gotten the second train ready when it was down last month, but the trip report from 2 days ago said they finally saw the second train on the track. It had been running daily for the past month with just one train. I would think running their star attraction at half capacity would be better than having it closed.

Also it looks like they did the same TC to CD thing with Daredevil Falls today as well.

I want to believe they aren’t putting it TC to jerk anyone’s chains.. They are doing the best they can to try and get it up and running. Maybe they are waiting on a ride inspector to check the 2nd train and it’s taking longer then they wanted it to.

I want to believe they aren’t putting it TC to jerk anyone’s chains.. They are doing the best they can to try and get it up and running. Maybe they are waiting on a ride inspector to check the 2nd train and it’s taking longer then they wanted it to.

If it's waiting for a ride inspector, you think they'd know which day they are coming and run one train until then.

If it's waiting for a ride inspector, you think they'd know which day they are coming and run one train until then.

Amen

I'll go in hoping the TC is a genuine sign the ride was close to opening the past two days, but realistically I just don't envision myself riding it tomorrow at this point.

That doesn't sound like the power of positive thinking!!! Envision yourself riding it tomorrow! Don't give up hope!

Haha thanks. I haven't given up all hope. Just half of it.

I know I'll have fun tomorrow and will be there with a friend who has never been, but I know the day would even better if the doors to the gas station open up for once.

Lightning Rod has one train on the track today. So it looks like it's not them trying to use the 2nd train. Maybe they kept it closed if the ride truly has issues in the heat since it's the hottest day of the year?

Then again they have everyone's favorite RMC sign out front again.

IMG_7518.thumb.JPG.bf28353142801d0c3f89427fae5fd943.JPG

Lightning Rod has one train on the track today. So it looks like it's not them trying to use the 2nd train. Maybe they kept it closed if the ride truly has issues in the heat since it's the hottest day of the year? Then again they have everyone's favorite RMC sign out front again.

This is so depressing. Sorry bud. I'm trying to remain positive a la Boldikus but really am just bracing myself for the same experience (err, lack thereof) in 8 days.

Are the ride wait times really this low? App is saying Blazing Fury 5 mins, Daredevil Falls 10, FCS 25, Mystery Mine 20, River Rampage 35, Tornado 15 and WE 5 mins. Seems like minimal times to me for it being a Saturday in the summer! Perhaps the heat is keeping the GP away or maybe they're all sardine canning it up in the shows?

Lightning Rod has one train on the track today. So it looks like it's not them trying to use the 2nd train. Maybe they kept it closed if the ride truly has issues in the heat since it's the hottest day of the year?

Then again they have everyone's favorite RMC sign out front again.

Don't see RMC venturing into launch coasters for again for some time. The profit they made on LR is surely getting eaten into big time by having to come back time and again for repairs. Not to mention, RMC has other great products that haven't had issues so there is no need to deal with headache of putting launches on RMC coasters.

Are the ride wait times really this low? App is saying Blazing Fury 5 mins, Daredevil Falls 10, FCS 25, Mystery Mine 20, River Rampage 35, Tornado 15 and WE 5 mins. Seems like minimal times to me for it being a Saturday in the summer! Perhaps the heat is keeping the GP away or maybe they're all sardine canning it up in the shows?

Short wait times seem to be common across a lot of parks, I always go to parks on weekdays so I initially thought I was just getting lucky, especially in my June visits. Things don't seem to have picked up to the level they should be in July. I have a feeling earnings report next quarter are not going to be good for many parks. Attendance appears to be down anecdotally everywhere or everyone I talk to are picking all the lucky days.