TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

The fact that it's listed as TC at least seems to be a sign that they intend to opening it later. I think the most encouraging sign if that this doesn't seem like another long term issue.

TC = Test Cycle . . . .

How many test cycles does LR go through on a daily basis before opening?

According. Tuesday when I arrived at the park I watched it make a launch up the hill while I was arriving at the gates. Heard it make another as I was approaching then I watched it make 2-3 more before it made the final one with a ride op onboard. Usually when the ride op is on board it's opening unless something else is wrong. Or that's been my sign. It was a bit funny though, when the launch failed I heard one of the ops say "no no no....sh*t!" Haha I glanced and he looked so frustrated. Told us on hot busy days like it had been it wants to act up.

I can definitely see anyone at the park having that op's reaction.

This and more will be my reaction in 2 weeks exactly because I'm going to be so disappointed if it's not open for my trip. I've been super excited to ride this thing since the announcement came out and I remember watching the animation over and over and over. Hopefully the coaster gods will be smiling on me and I can get at least one ride on it.

We are even thinking of buying season passes instead of just 2-day tickets so that we can zip over the evening we arrive (7/30) to see if it's working. (I can't remember if you guys said the wait time app works outside the park too?) We'll be there all day Mon 8/1 and Tues 8/2. Wednesday is planned to do some mountain coasters, visit the Ripley's aquarium, and do Hillbilly mini golf. But, if it seems to be working Wednesday we could abandon those plans and run over then. Thoughts, anyone?

Whatever the plan for new Mean Streak, I hope that it doesn't have all of the issues that this coaster seems to have.

I would imagine that CP has to be a little nervous at this point knowing that this coaster is having so many problems. And because it's CP, you know that their RMC is likely going to shatter tons of world records and feature a lot of "firsts" (similar to LR).

Whatever the plan for new Mean Streak, I hope that it doesn't have all of the issues that this coaster seems to have.

I would imagine that CP has to be a little nervous at this point knowing that this coaster is having so many problems. And because it's CP, you know that their RMC is likely going to shatter tons of world records and feature a lot of "firsts" (similar to LR).

I don't think any of the RMC conversions have had issues, so I wouldn't be too worried if I were CP.

I am really starting to wonder what Dollywood will do if these issues keep happening. How long can they deal with a ride that can't run consistently for more than a couple weeks?

I don't think any of the RMC conversions have had issues, so I wouldn't be too worried if I were CP.

I am really starting to wonder what Dollywood will do if these issues keep happening. How long can they deal with a ride that can't run consistently for more than a couple weeks?

I think one caught on fire during the construction of the conversion but that could happen to anyone and didn't cause any issues

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

What really sucks is you can tell the ride ops are just as frustrated as everyone else, they seemed so miserable the last few times I've gone. It's so disappointing because this was the most excited I've ever been for a new attraction that the park has added. It was hyped up so much, but since they've put it in it's had nothing but issues.. and the hype and thrill of it has just kind of left me. Sure it's a fun coaster but it's hard to look forward to it or get excited about it when it's down 99 percent of the times I've been.. it's just not on my to do list. Which is unfortunate because I'm not the only one who feels this way. A lot of angry people on the tram leaving Friday and Saturday when I was there.

If you see it running, I'd recommend going immediately, getting a time saver, and riding it in the first available seat before it goes down.

I'll get the app and check it religiously. The plan is to get the unlimited Time Saver whether LR is running or not since my other half is still recovering from major leg surgery so has an even lower tolerance for standby lines than normal. We are treating Lightning Rod the way we treat TTD at Cedar Point... the second we see any sort of action, we abandon what we're doing and run over there for the best chance to get ON the ride, in any seat we can, even if it means as a single rider. Then we can go back in line and get picky about seating aka wait for the front on Dragster LOL. I'm getting pretty concerned that LR is back to being closed all day again though.

For what it's worth, Lightning Road appears to be back up today if the app wait times are to be believed. Currently posting a 75 minute wait as of around 2:00 PM.

IMG_1785.thumb.PNG.23ae9b4550d9ac691d3ab4e59e103e09.PNG

Keeping my fingers crossed it will be up and running when I get there in mid-August. I'll be there on a Monday as well. We shall see.

For what it's worth, Lightning Road appears to be back up today if the app wait times are to be believed. Currently posting a 75 minute wait as of around 2:00 PM. Keeping my fingers crossed it will be up and running when I get there in mid-August. I'll be there on a Monday as well. We shall see.

Woohoo! It said TC earlier so that's great that it's back up. Can you buy the unlimited time saver passes online? I'm admittedly not the best at navigating websites sometimes but I don't see the option to. I can purchase season passes or multi-day tickets but that's it.

For what it's worth, Lightning Road appears to be back up today if the app wait times are to be believed. Currently posting a 75 minute wait as of around 2:00 PM. Keeping my fingers crossed it will be up and running when I get there in mid-August. I'll be there on a Monday as well. We shall see.

Woohoo! It said TC earlier so that's great that it's back up. Can you buy the unlimited time saver passes online? I'm admittedly not the best at navigating websites sometimes but I don't see the option to. I can purchase season passes or multi-day tickets but that's it.

Yes but you pick up when you get there... Not sure if you can buy them without a ticket or not.. last time I saw the online option to buy, it was an add-on item after tickets had been added to the cart

Hopefully the girl is ok, but I have a hunch she may not have been following the ride's rules since the restraints do seem to allow you to move around a bit in the vehicle. Bummer for the Island since this ride had just opened and looked to be their only "thrill" ride.

Hopefully the girl is ok, but I have a hunch she may not have been following the ride's rules since the restraints do seem to allow you to move around a bit in the vehicle. Bummer for the Island since this ride had just opened and looked to be their only "thrill" ride.

I have a feeling your right. Kinda crazy that this didn’t make news till Monday when it happened Saturday.

Yes but you pick up when you get there... Not sure if you can buy them without a ticket or not.. last time I saw the online option to buy, it was an add-on item after tickets had been added to the cart

You can buy them online without a ticket but you have to pick a specific day. My son and dad went in early June. My Dad bought the tickets at the Park Vista in Gatlinburg upon arrival because he stays there frequently and had a discount. I purchased the unlimited time saver here in St Louis online before they left. Print out bar code voucher and redeem at park.