TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

I am going to assume that the assigned seating is temporary...

I hope so. I cant remember Dollywood ever assigning seating on even the busiest of days and I've never seen parks that don't assign seating every have major issues because of it. Now if only a certain 2 parks both 4 hours away from Dollywood would take a lesson and STOP ASSIGNING SEATS ON B&M HYPER AND GIGA COASTERS COUGH COUGH CAROWINDS AND SFOG COUGH COUGH!!!

Disney assigns seats on every coaster and never has an issue with it.....I don't see what the big deal is.

I hope so. I cant remember Dollywood ever assigning seating on even the busiest of days and I've never seen parks that don't assign seating every have major issues because of it. Now if only a certain 2 parks both 4 hours away from Dollywood would take a lesson and STOP ASSIGNING SEATS ON B&M HYPER AND GIGA COASTERS COUGH COUGH CAROWINDS AND SFOG COUGH COUGH!!!

Disney assigns seats on every coaster and never has an issue with it.....I don't see what the big deal is.

But you can usually request to wait for a certain seat, I do all the time when down there.

If you're okay being told to sit in the middle all the time more power to you, I don't like not having the option to wait for the very front or very back. I don't care to ride in the middle I'd rather wait the extra 15 minutes and get the most intense experience possible.

I'm in line for Lightning Rod right now. The way the lady was making it sound like was that they're giving out 30 vouchers, closing the entrance, collecting the vouchers and giving them to the next 30 people. She kept telling everyone that there's no guarantees though.

i wouldnt say theres an issue with it. its just nobody likes it. mystery mine has assigned seating and it kinda makes sense because it dosnt matter too much (unless you just love fire) but with rides like LR and fury, nobody wants to be assigned. how i see it is if they wanna wait for the front/back/anywhere, they should be able to. ill have to see which is better tho, front seat Fury or LR...

My thought has always been if I have to wait in a long line for a ride that I may only get to ride once in a day or trip then I better be able to pick my seat.

SFOG doesn't assign seats as often as they used to (unless you flash pass) and that made me happy. I hated when they told me where to sit.. Disney always assign seats.. it just helps speed the lines up I guess.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

SFOG doesn't assign seats as often as they used to (unless you flash pass) and that made me happy. I hated when they told me where to sit.. Disney always assign seats.. it just helps speed the lines up I guess.

SFOG has some rides that I really don't care that they assign seats like DDD but when they tell me where to sit on Superman, Goliath, and Batman it gets under my skin. This is the primary reason I don't wait for Superman or Batman anymore. I'll only ride if its raining/empty because they only let me choose my row when its a walk on.

Carowinds is the WORST About this. I can't begin to tell you how many time I've walked on on Fury and they assign rows with a half empty train. Hershey park does this with Skyrush too.

But you can usually request to wait for a certain seat, I do all the time when down there.

I don't have an issue with assigning seats, either--especially if you can request a certain seat and don't mind waiting a few extra minutes for it.

I don't have an issue with assigning seats, either--especially if you can request a certain seat and don't mind waiting a few extra minutes for it.

I should revise what I said as I agree that it doesn't bother me as long as I can choose to wait longer for my desired seat.

SFOG has some rides that I really don't care that they assign seats like DDD but when they tell me where to sit on Superman, Goliath, and Batman it gets under my skin. This is the primary reason I don't wait for Superman or Batman anymore. I'll only ride if its raining/empty because they only let me choose my row when its a walk on.

Carowinds is the WORST About this. I can't begin to tell you how many time I've walked on on Fury and they assign rows with a half empty train. Hershey park does this with Skyrush too.

This past weekend they werent assigning seats so that's good..

Hopefully Dollywood doesn't start and honestly, I doubt they will. But you never know, some of their lines are getting long on busy days

Perhaps I should revise. I wouldn't mind assigning seats if I had a choice to wait longer if I wanted. I don't like that at these parks I don't get a choice. If you ask the people working Fury if you can wait for a specific row they look at you like you're from mars before sternly saying no and rushing you to whatever row they choose for you.

Perhaps I should revise. I wouldn't mind assigning seats if I had a choice to wait longer if I wanted. I don't like that at these parks I don't get a choice. If you ask the people working Fury if you can wait for a specific row they look at you like you're from mars before sternly saying no and rushing you to whatever row they choose for you.

My favorite preference for how parks load stations is when an attendant just monitors how many people fill the station. This usually allows for a 2-3 train wait for each row, except the back or front. I would gladly wait an extra 20 mins for the front row of Fury every time. It's the tallest giga coaster, and I came to ride in the front.

Last time I went to SDC (2014), they were assigning seats for Outlaw Run. But when I went in May of 2013, they let you chose.

From what I've noticed on Outlaw Run is that it depends on how busy they are. Also, you can always request to sit where you want and they usually let you.

I know Lightning Rod was delayed a bit this season, which has been covered at length here, but isn't it kind of an odd coincidence that almost all the new major coasters opening this season won't be "officillay" opening until later into the season into early June? I mean Phobia and Storm Chaser are the only new coasters that opened with the park, but both Joker's, Lightning Rod, Monster, Mako, Cobras's Curse are all opening after memorial day weekend. Kind of an odd year, but whatever this month long delay has almost built up an additional level of excitement for LR. Can't wait to get on this thing.

I know Lightning Rod was delayed a bit this season, which has been covered at length here, but isn't it kind of an odd coincidence that almost all the new major coasters opening this season won't be "officillay" opening until later into the season into early June? I mean Phobia and Storm Chaser are the only new coasters that opened with the park, but both Joker's, Lightning Rod, Monster, Mako, Cobras's Curse are all opening after memorial day weekend. Kind of an odd year, but whatever this month long delay has almost built up an additional level of excitement for LR. Can't wait to get on this thing.

Well Valravn opened on time too. And the Joker's and Cobra's Curse are all opening this weekend. That really only leaves Mako and Monster to open after Memorial Day weekend.