TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dollywood Discussion Thread

P. 796 - Ride closing 10/30 to remove launch and install chain lift!

On another topic. Anyone have any 2018 ride predictions?

ALL NEW FOR 2018

A consistently working Lightning Rod

I wonder if that means the park gets to gloat about Lightning Rod being the best new attraction for 2018, like they did in 2016?

Even better, watch it get the number 1 spot on the Golden Ticket Awards top wooden coaster.

Have enough people even gotten to ride it to be able to vote on it for it to even have a chance??

Edited by DoinItForTheFame

Even better, watch it get the number 1 spot on the Golden Ticket Awards top wooden coaster.

Have enough people even gotten to ride it to be able to vote on it for it to even have a chance??[/qu

I voted for it, but there's no way there's enough people for it to make top 3.

Their voting system is pretty whack. Most-ridden coasters win the most "points" - simple as that

On another topic. Anyone have any 2018 ride predictions? My guess is the new ride will be a dark ride in the old mine and old fun house on the hill. Not sure if it will be a new version of the flooded mine or some new type dark ride. Anyone else have an idea on what may be up Dolly's sleeve for 2018?

A small flat going in Country Fair to replace Astroturf: The Ride (former Sideshow Spin location). The que building is still there, so who knows. It would be nice to see Dollywood get a version of The Rattler (pendulum ride) like sister park, Wild Adventures. But it wouldn't fit it that old footprint anyway.

I get what the park was going for with the Country Fair section, but that's the one area of the park I never really go to. Honestly, on most days I forget it's even there. Every other area of the park feels so immersive and well themed, but that area reminds me too much of a carnival and really doesn't have anything unique.

Testing happened with LR the entire time while I was st the park which was 3-9:30. The gates on the station doors were shut up top when I made a last round before the fireworks. I'll be at the park tomorrow as well, hopefully with a functional coaster. Today was a great day, lines were minimal. I can't get over Drop Lines amazingness. One thing I encountered with Barnstormer though, my last ride of the day the op was super sketchy. I attended my business as usual and buckled and pushed the restraints down. He came back, told me not to press down, and had them unlock everyone then he pressed everyone down but mine and gave an all clear? Freaked me OUT! So I went ahead and pressed it down and latched myself I . The only time I've felt fearful life wise on a ride.

Testing happened with LR the entire time while I was st the park which was 3-9:30. The gates on the station doors were shut up top when I made a last round before the fireworks. I'll be at the park tomorrow as well, hopefully with a functional coaster. Today was a great day, lines were minimal. I can't get over Drop Lines amazingness. One thing I encountered with Barnstormer though, my last ride of the day the op was super sketchy. I attended my business as usual and buckled and pushed the restraints down. He came back, told me not to press down, and had them unlock everyone then he pressed everyone down but mine and gave an all clear? Freaked me OUT! So I went ahead and pressed it down and latched myself I . The only time I've felt fearful life wise on a ride.

Sounds like he needs some serious retraining. Could have very dire consequences!

Retrain him if you want it to look good on paper. However, give a human a monotonous job and all the training in the world and you will still see these simple errors. I'm not saying it's OK, but it will happen.

I believe there was a time this summer where Emily's restraint wasn't checked somewhere, but I can't recall the specific example.

Lightning Rod is TC again, which leads me to believe that it will most certainly be CD by the middle of the day.

Most likely. Mystery Mine seems to have been TC all morning as well. Fingers crossed LR opens up... it's encouraging that Dollywoodlover20 saw some action over there yesterday. I'm really sweating my trip next week.

A small flat going in Country Fair to replace Astroturf: The Ride (former Sideshow Spin location). The que building is still there, so who knows. It would be nice to see Dollywood get a version of The Rattler (pendulum ride) like sister park, Wild Adventures. But it wouldn't fit it that old footprint anyway.

Actually it would fit. Those plots are about the same size, with Sideshow Spin's being a little bigger. I think one would be a big hit at Dollywood. The one at Wild Adventures is the only "frisbee" type ride I've been on so far and loved it (and I don't generally like spinning rides).

rattlersideshowspin.jpg.5e2eece52188ea537bc985bf3d3f6b04.jpg

Someone reset the timer. Let's see if LR can stay 'technically' open for an entire week, before closing for a month.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE COASTER GODS YES!!! Can this thing please stay open for an entire week?? I'll be there Friday, and I sure hope it's open!!

App says Lightning Rod reopened and is less than a 15 minute wait.

That ride really does always reopen a few days after I leave. You're welcome to anyone going in the next few days.

Please do me a favor then and go back on August 7th or 8th. Appreciate it in advance!

That ride really does always reopen a few days after I leave. You're welcome to anyone going in the next few days.

Please do me a favor then and go back on August 7th or 8th. Appreciate it in advance!

Yes please do that, I'll be there the 13th and 14th.

Personally, I think you're all jinxing this, by posting about it so/too much.

IMhO.

j/k (I do it with anything and almost everything about the Disney Parks.)

Yes please do that, I'll be there the 13th and 14th.

If you want to cover my trip I'll be more than glad

Are they at least running two trains now after they took it down for a week?