• Magnum Xfluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo200
    • Mantis
    • Mean Streak
    • Millennium Force
    • Raptor
    • Top Thrill Dragster
    • Wicked Twister
    • Other

1-Millennium Force. I know it's an over-rated ride, but the pure height and speed of this ride is breath-taking! The hills have some nice floater air, and I love the layout!

2-Maverick. Love the ejector air, the launch, and that beyond-vertical drop.

3-Top Thrill Dragster. I was slightly disappointed by this ride, but it still packs a punch in 17 seconds.

4-Raptor. Excellent B&M Invert. I prefer Silver Bullet's silky-smooth elements and airtime, but Raptor is by no means a bad coaster with it's forceful, snappy layout. A classic from B&M.

5-Magnum XL-200. Rough coaster, but packed with insane airtime.

These are the 5 that stood out to me. I went last Summer, so I still haven't taken a spin on Gate Keeper yet.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Maverick-9.5 out of 10-loaded with air time and feels very much out of control.

2. Millennium Force-9.5 out of 10-another very intense coaster with a ton of air time. Love the music in the queue (sounds megamanish.)

3. Magnum XL-200-9.0 out of 10-my favorite conventional hyper coaster, lot of air time and focused on hills (the way i prefer it). The design is really neat for the trains and the queue house and I love the colors.

4. Gemini-8.0 out of 10-my favorite of the mine train types. Has great airtime, looks a bit creepy, but is very fun.

5. Corkscrew-7.5 out of 10-fairly fun and smooth Arrow, just wish it had more elements. I prefer Vortex (KI), Viper (SFMM), Orient Express (WoF defunct), and Ninja (SFSTL) to this.

6. Iron Dragon-7.5 out of 10-pretty fun suspended coaster, just a little too tame in comparison to Ninja (SFMM) and Flight Deck (KI).

7. Raptor-7.0 out of 10-a good coaster overall, but it doesn't rank as well due to roughiness. I believe however this is partly due to riding Mantis right before hand. I will have to ride it again to see if it ranks better some day.

8. Top Thrill Dragster-6.5 out of 10-It looks great, it is extremely fast, but I didn't feel much in terms of airtime due to how fast the ride was. The ride is too short concerning the experience.

9. Blue Streak-6.5 out of 10-not by anymeans a bad coaster, not rough, just short by now day standards and not very quick. In fairness it is the oldest woodie I have ridden.

10. Cedar Creek Mine Ride-6.0 out of 10-Nothing wrong with it, just not a very intense ride due to it being a family ride. In much better shape than Gold Rusher (SFMM).

11. Wicket Twister-4.5 out of 10-It didn't do much for me, just back and worth with a twirl. I'd take Mr. Freeze any day, but I would take this over Boomerang anyday.

12. Mean Streak-2.0 out of 10- With the Rattler gone, this is the worst woodie I have ridden. I expected it would be great due to it's large size. This thing rode horribly. The track looks like the ride was broken and someone figured out a quick gerry-rig fix to make it operable.

13. Mantis-1.0 out of 10-ranks down with Green Lantern and Boomerangs. So rough with B&M vibration, it causes head banging while going in a straight line, and the inversions were nightmare. This ride makes me wonder where the reputation about B&Ms being "smooth as glass" came from. The restraints on this stand up coasters are way too narrow, they hit my ears as I lower them which does not happen on floorless, inverted, or flying coasters B&M restraints. It needs a rehab with better trains or retirement.

• 1 month later...

This last time I went to Cedar Point, pretty much everything was about as good as before. Even rides I enjoyed more, like Mean Streak, were probably running about the same. Blue Streak was running better, though, and Gemini was marginally better, but I'm not sure either deserves to leapfrog surrounding coasters in my rankings.

01. Maverick

02. Top Thrill Dragster

03. Millennium Force

04. Raptor

05. Magnum XL-200

06. GateKeeper (while the restraints are almost unforgivable, I've never found these to be completely forceless)

07. Mantis

08. Blue Streak

09. Wicked Twister

10. Disaster Transport (RIP)

11. Gemini

12. Iron Dragon

13. Mean Streak

14. Corkscrew

15. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

16. Wildcat (RIP)

17. Woodstock Express

18. Jr. Gemini

After visiting this month for the first time in 6 years. Maverick is still my fave by a long shot. Blue Streak was running very well too.

1. Maverick

2. Top Thrill Dragster

3. Millennium Force

4. Magnum XL-200

5. Raptor

6. Wicked Twister

7. Gemini

8. Blue Steak

9. Tamekeeper

10. Mantis

11. Corkscrew

Maverick. I took my bf to Cedar Point a couple of weeks ago...it was his first time and he's not an enthusiast but enjoys coasters. He was underwhelmed by most of the coasters at the park, saying they were fun but typical. However, on the brake run for Maverick, I looked over at him and he said "That was a f*##ing coaster!" He said he had never been intimidated by rides before, but that one took him by surprise because it did a little bit of everything. I agreed. I also kept the launch a secret from him and instructed him to ride with his body pressed against the restraints and his head sticking out, which may have increased his enjoyment of the ride slightly.

I voted Dragster, but in reality Dragster and Maverick are tied for my favorite. Mantis is by far the worst. I hate standups.

1. TTD and Maverick

2. MF

3. Magnum

4. Raptor

5. Blue Streak

6. Mean Streak

7. Disaster Transport- RIP

8. Gemini

9. Wicked Twister

10. Corkscrew

11. Iron Dragon

12. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

13. Mantis

• 2 years later...

Time for an update!! (And a bump. It's been a while since this topic has been posted in!)

Top Thrill Dragster is by far my favorite coaster in the park. The launch, and tower are both so extreme that it's hard to beat those experiences.

Following Top Thrill Dragster:

2.) Maverick

3.) Millennium Force

4.) Wicked Twister

5.) Gatekeeper

6.) Magnum

7.) Gemini

8.) Raptor

I'm sure Valravn will be between Maverick and Millennium Force.

1) Millennium Force

2) Maverick

3) Raptor

4) Dragster

5) Gatekeeper

6) Magnum XL 200

7) Rougarou

8) Gemeni

9) Wicked Twister

10) Mean Streak

11) Iron Dragon

12) Blue Streak

13) Cedar Creek Mine Ride

14) Corkscrew

I enjoy all of them except Corkscrew not that Mantis has floorless trains.

1) Millennium Force

2) Maverick

3) Top Thrill Dragster

4) Magnum XL-200

5) Raptor

6) Blue Streak

7) Rougarou

8) Gatekeeper

9) Gemini

10) Wicked Twister

11) Corkscrew

12) Cedar Creek Mine Ride

13) Mean Streak

14) Iron Dragon

I don't "hate" any of Cedar Point's coasters, but 11-14 are nothing particularly special.

1. Maverick

1. Millennium Force

(Both fantastic steel machines for different reasons, so putting one above the other is impossible for me.)

3. Top Thrill Dragster

4. Raptor

5. Rougarou

6. Blue Streak

7. Wicked Twister

8. Gatekeeper

9. Gemini

10. Magnum XL-200

11. Iron Dragon

12. Cedar Creek Mine Ride

13. Corkscrew

14. Mean Streak

Woodstock Express and Wilderness Run don't count because kiddie coasters. Valravn will probably sneak in somewhere in the 7 or 8 spot for me when finished.

1) Maverick. I haven't ridden it with the new restraints, so I imagine that would only help solidify its superiority.

2) Millennium Force. Really not that far behind Maverick, but I like it for different reasons.

3) Top Thrill Dragster. Anything this tall or this fast has to be in the top 3 at least.

4) Magnum XL-200. I had a surprisingly good ride on this in 2014. It's rough, but it's a classic.

5) GateKeeper. Love the feeling of flying through the air. It isn't too forceful, but that's not its intention.

6) Wicked Twister. Probably the most underrated and overlooked ride at CP. Excellent in the back and front rows.

7) Raptor. It's forceful and fun. Good ride, but too snappy for my tastes.

8) Gemini. A surprising amount of air. Classic and fun.

9) Iron Dragon. Snoozefest. MUCH prefer Ninja.

10) Mantis (haven't ridden Rougarou), Mean Streak, Corkscrew, and every other "eh" ride at the park. Couldn't decided which are better so I just lumped them together.