What is the best SF park?  

220 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best SF park?

• SFGAM
    • SFMM
    • SFGADV
    • SFNE
    • Other

A little while back I would have said SFMM, but now it is SFOG. This is because of the addition of Goliath. This ride really is the perfect addition to the park. Even though it has been running for like only two months or so I can not imagine the park with out it. SFOG also delivers with its other instalations. Georgia Scorcher is the best standup I have been on and I have been on RR and Mantis. I have heard that SFOG's Batman is the most intence of all of the Batmans. SUF isnt my favorite ride, but I am sure it delivers more than the other two because it was built around SFOG's terrain. Mind Bender is by far the best coaster under 100 ft in the world, hands down. THis little coaster really delivers. The two woodies are also great, and they are almost complete opposites of each other. The Georgia Cyclone gives you an out of control ride with big moments of ejector air while the great american scream machine is less intence, but has lots of floater air. The one thing SFOG doesnt have is flats. They have Acrophobia, Freefall, Shake rattle and roll, crime wave, wheelie, and bumper cars.

Now more and more enthusiasts are taking notice to SFOG because of goliath and I am sure that more people will relise how great of a park sfog is.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never been to a Six Flags park in the usa so I can't judge based on experience. I was doubting between MM and GAdv. MM has some very interesting and special coasters (X, Goliath, Superman, ...) But for me SFGAdv looks the best since it's got so many cool coasters and ofcourse KK!!!

I put other... Ive been to a couple of good SF parks I really like, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags over Texas, Six Flags over Georgia.... all really good ones, but my favorite would have to be SFoG. The atmosphere there is really cool, its got nice sized midways, classic rides, the terrain is cool, and its just a pretty park. (Never had problems with the staff or anything there either) Plus, you gotta love Monster Mansion!

-Justin

• 2 months later...

you all have luck in america because in america you have themparks a lot of them whit fantastic coasters like six flags but here where i live we gor one walibi world first it was six flags and then they selld it to walibi but we got here some aaaaaaaahhhhh coasters

I think I have maybe 2 words: OVER TEXAS

It is the most well filled out park for its size in the chain IMO. Its not the largest get-yourself-lost-in-it park, but its got very nice atmosphere and a great selection of rides, alot of which are underrated (cough...TITAN...cough). Not to mention it was THE first six flags park and where the six flags idea came from (Six flags flew over texas at different times, Mexico, Spain, USA, French, Its own countrys' and now its own states flag). Can any other state lay claim to that? nooooooo

-ramble over

(Six flags flew over texas at different times, Mexico, Spain, USA, French, Its own countrys' and now its own states flag). Can any other state lay claim to that? nooooooo

-ramble over

I just want to point out that you have the "six flags" wrong.

It goes Spain, France, Mexico, Texas Republic, USA, Confederacy, (and back to USA) in that order.

It's six 'national flags' over Texas, our current state flag (which is the same flag from the Texas Republic by the way) doesn't count.

/native Texan and my wife is/was a Texas History teacher

Matt

While the poll needs more choices, I think SFGam is my favorite Six Flags park so far. While I do like SFoG's coaster collection a tad better, the overall friendly staff as well as awesome ride operations won me over. Plus SFGam does have a great collection of flats as well.

I have to go with SFoG. Besides being my home park (now 4 hours away ) and where I had my first job in the '80's - It has a great collection of coasters. I do think that they do need to increase their flat ride selection (they keep taking them out, but never adding any back.) I always loved all of the coasters there and the addition of Goliath just ROCKED! The crowds can sometimes get rather intense, but I have been fortunate enough to go on very lightly crowded days (Like Easter) lately and had a wonderful time. The staff was nice, the park was clean, the music was good... all around nice time.

I voted SFGADV, I really did enjoy the park last year. Of course we had a great tour guide (Thanks Bubba) and Qbot. Also I never went when it was trashy, etc.

Out of the SF parks I've been to I would rank them like so (The top 4 are close, and if SFFT got a few more rides it would EASILY be #1):

SFGADV

SFFT

SFOT

SFOG

SFAW

SFMM

SFMW

Ive been to the following parks:

SFGAm

SFoT

SFGADv

SFFT

Out of them I would rank

1) TIE betwen SFoT and SFGAm

2) SFFT

3) SFGADv

SFoT because it is one of the best parks (Not necesarilly ride wise, but atmosphere wise. It is very clean, one of the cleanest, and it is 45 years old. Its very dependable, and there are alot of nice rides that are generally underestimated.)

SFGAm because it was overall pretty fun, nice rides, Raging Bull wasnt impressive at all compared to Titan at all. Sorry to say. It felt more like I was going 40 than 70. And there wasnt alot of air thanks to the trims.

SFFT because atmosphere, and thats all. Rides not impressive, Superman was pretty good. Poltergeist was ok, not as great as Mr. Freeze, and Rattler was fun if it didnt wobble and wasnt so bumpy!

SFGADv because of the awesome rides. The rides there were great, but it was so crowded, the staff was pretty rude, the park wasnt too clean, and the atmosphere was decent. Maybe I had a bad day or something. GASM was VERY BUMPY. KK was a waste of money, for 25 million you could get something long and enjoyable like Millenium Force (It cost 25 million), why waste it on a 10 second ride?

(I've only been to two)

SFoT

SFFT

I picked SFoT because it is very clean, it has an awesome woodie , awesome Schwarzkopf . Also SFFT is nice, but it's very hot in the summer, one reason is because it's in a quarry, another is that they have this boardwalk section that is very hot, but SFoT has a good age to it, it IS the original park, also, Angus Wynne(founder) put all his effort into trying to make it like Disneyland. Another thing is that, because of it's age, it has a lot of trees and it was the park with a lot of milestones... Don't argue please, but Mine Train was the first tubular steel coaster, and it still runs fine, log flume, first backtoback looping(AWESOME Schwarzkopf) coaster, and the tallest S&S tower... Oh, and the operations are stellar, every ride op has a smile on their faces and the longest time I've ever waited in line was 1:30 for Titan on spring breakout.

SFoT Visit count: 37